Jesse Lingard

Mourinho reportedly wants shot of Dele Alli aswell which would make this all the more bizarre. Can't see that going down well with the fans.

He's a bit of a nothing player for me, supposed to be an attacking midfielder but doesn't score or assist very often and is too small and lightweight to play one deeper. I don't know what he brings to a team.

If United get £20m plus that is some going, wouldn't like to be a Spurs fan if he's the calibre of player they're after.

So get rid of one over rated guy with nonsense in his head and replace with a carbon copy

Lingard and Ali are the ones primarily responsible for their performances, but I think that the right manager could get more from them.
While Ali is the better player, even a good man manager like Poch could no longer get a tune out of him, so there is something chronically wrong there.
Lingard seems more fragile and has never really had a settled regime at United.

He’s not a dud as has been suggested but he’s not a player that will turn Spurs into title challengers or cement them as a top 4 team. If it’s a free or a pint at under £10mil then there is maybe value, anything over and I doubt there’s a return.

Overhyped but actually has a decent 1 in 3 return for goals I was suprised to see.

You would think you wouldn't be adverse to selling him if a player of real quality came in or if it was money out to help finance Bale.

Can just imagine punting him then J-Lingz turns up lol

I am very surprised with that ratio actually.

He has one really good season (think he scored 18). A cracker at Palace then a great first touch and finish v Chelsea from a long ball.

Last 3 years or so he has been piss poor. Very lazy and Poch and Mourinho have sussed him out.

He had an outstanding year under Pochettino, think it was the season Leicester won the league. Wether that was an exception and he's nothing special I'm not sure. Either way I wouldn't be getting rid of him to replace him with Lingard.

Just mentioned this above JJ. Ali looked the business when he broke through after his MK Dons loan, but he has rested on his laurels and never progressed.

Don’t agree with the talk he is horrible, but he isn’t a great footballer for sure. Did Mourinho get much out of him when he managed him?

He's on a belter of a contract ar man u,so you would think spurs would have to match it or increase for him to move,he's a player who only turns up 1 in 3 games, an occasional player who won't improve a top ten team

Really hope this is a wind up! Lingard is a dreadful player and should be no where near Spurs!

I can see Ali leaving as Jose clearly doesnt like him, he seems to have regressed lately which is a shame. Looks to have the arrogance and lazy attitude of most young players.

Tottenham reportedly interested in buying him with anything between 20-30m

I know the EPL is inflated but Jesus Christ. He's literally somebody you watch and say "how is he a professional footballer" terrible player

Absolutely steals a living. Mental age of a 6 year old as well.

Crazy
20-30m doesn't sound like alot of money for the EPL these days. Pretty much gets you an entry level player, and seems reasonable for him.

Tottingham will drop that kind of cash without even thinking about it.

He's a tit, and bang average but not as bad as you make out imo.

Don’t agree with the talk he is horrible, but he isn’t a great footballer for sure. Did Mourinho get much out of him when he managed him?
Van gaal is the only one to get any sort of tune out him

Tottenham reportedly interested in buying him with anything between 20-30m

I know the EPL is inflated but Jesus Christ. He's literally somebody you watch and say "how is he a professional footballer" terrible player

Absolutely steals a living. Mental age of a 6 year old as well.

Crazy
Dele Ali is better than Lingard imo, he will not improve Spurs

20-30m doesn't sound like alot of money for the EPL these days. Pretty much gets you an entry level player, and seems reasonable for him.

Tottingham will drop that kind of cash without even thinking about it.

He's a tit, and bang average but not as bad as you make out imo.

Liverpool just signed Alcantara for an initial 20m lol

There's good deals to be had in places.

20-30m for him is utterly mental

Jesse is the young Ronaldo before he clicked. Lots of fancy flicks and the step over, but very little end product, the difference being, Ronaldo knew he had to improve, and strives to be the best, whereas Jesse thinks he is the best and strives for likes on his social media.

He’s a good player, how bad he is in general is grossly exaggerated, he was good enough to play under the likes of Van Gaal and Mourinho for Man Utd, played over 20 times for England too including being chosen for the last World Cup squad.

I used to go on his reputation of being complete crap and doesn't do anything.

When I watched him in the two or so games he had at the end of last season for Manchester United you realise that his movement off the ball is very, very good and that he can bring other players into the game well.

That might have been a one-off, but when you consider how they are pissing about trying to sign a right winger and are playing Daniel "Runs into the first defender and falls over" James against organised defences in the meantime, it does make you wonder why he can't get into that side.

He personifies everything that is wrong with Man Utd.

Years ago a player with his limited abilities, who came through the system at Old Trafford, would be deemed surplus to requirements and now playing for some mid-table League 1 outfit.

Today however, he is often in their starting XI.

He has no obvious strengths - not a great passer, not a great goal-scorer, not got any great vision, weak-minded mentality.

If Keane was in that dressing room, he'd have left him in hospital by now.

He seems an alright lad especially in this video. He's just always been horrendously overrated and should be in a bottom-mid table side or the championship.

He personifies everything that is wrong with Man Utd.

Years ago a player with his limited abilities, who came through the system at Old Trafford, would be deemed surplus to requirements and now playing for some mid-table League 1 outfit.

Today however, he is often in their starting XI.

He has no obvious strengths - not a great passer, not a great goal-scorer, not got any great vision, weak-minded mentality.

If Keane was in that dressing room, he'd have left him in hospital by now.

I disagree, Ferguson had the capability to take limited, mediocre players that came through his academy set-up, wring all of the talent and effort out of them to deliver title after title before they would move onto another Premier League side.

He's a lot better than some of the dross he integrated into a title churning behemoth.

For money ball and stats fans, he has high impressive stats.

Although you would need to remove last season due his personal issue that affect him.

Really hope this is a wind up! Lingard is a dreadful player and should be no where near Spurs!

I can see Ali leaving as Jose clearly doesnt like him, he seems to have regressed lately which is a shame. Looks to have the arrogance and lazy attitude of most young players.
Dele Ali's attitude is no different from a spoiled brat. You can tell from the All or Nothing series. Jose called him out big time - recognized his talent but said he didn't have the mentality to maintain and perform consistently at a high level. Jlingz in the same bracket so would be really odd for Jose to want him as part of his project

Back