Jesus Christ! Now Dave King wants the club to love Club 1872 and let Chris Sutton back in!

What he wants is wildly different to the desires of those on here and elsewhere, but its in no way unique.

I see zero point in C1872 being a thing that exists, but there'll be many that still believe. I wish the board would make him an offer, in private and amicably and end this washing of dirty linen in public.

What’s the tipping point then? Do we accept absolutely anything they say about us?
Let him, or others, make a fool of themselves but I don't like people being banned for opinions no matter how stupid they are. Challenge them but by banning it only plays into their hands.
I expect this type of thing by Celtic or the SNP but not Rangers.

This is all totally depressing.

And, unfortunately, very predictable given our recent history of fan groups always disintegrating into in-fighting.

Amazing how much time so many of our representatives and figureheads devote to fighting each other when we have so many outside enemies intent on destroying the club all of us love so much.

While it seems quite obvious where any "blame" lies in this instance, I'd rather not add to the pain by slagging off good Rangers people, but instead just hope that everyone comes to their senses and lives by the immortal words of "the club is bigger than the man".

Where do you start with this nonsense, He has repeatedly said that Club1872 helped force regime change, considering the Club 1872 never came into existence until after regime change, then I for one believe he has a time machine
Tell a lie often enough

Is your view that King comes in in 2015 and that’s the end of the fight for control? Did you forget about Ashley and Rangers Retail, those are part of the old regime too.

If you actually read what he says none of it mentions C1872 were around in 2015, just that they were important in achieving regime change and more importantly, reengaging with fans.

It wasn’t until after 2016, after C1872 were formed, that we could begin issuing shares to external investors, including C1872, to allow us to solidify control and bring in the right investors.

In fact, at that point we didn’t even have control. Remember the anger after the 2016 AGM when McCoist never voted with his 1.25% and Resolution 11, to issue new shares, was defeated by just 0.4%?

In the following year, C1872 bought out Ashley, became the second largest shareholder in Rangers, then their votes enabled the issuing of new shares at the 2017 AGM, which brought in many of our current investors. This led to their shares being diluted to it’s current level, but was instrumental in achieving complete regime change.

credit where its due for his past actions in leading the club back to the top of the tree but it seems he has lost his marbles and his connection with reality if he thinks C1872 are wholely represenatitive of the support .
they seem to be a total mess to this bear .
and the support as a unit are totally fed up with "the Rangers way" of bending over and taking it up the jacksie from our enemies .
that is not the Rangers way to me.Grow a back bone and stand up for your rights .that is what any true blue should be doing .
i'm fully expecting King to call for the broomie to be handed beck to the scum very soon at the expense of the very supporters he says deserves recognition.maybe he'll prove me wrong .we'll see

Let him, or others, make a fool of themselves but I don't like people being banned for opinions no matter how stupid they are. Challenge them but by banning it only plays into their hands.
Nope.

There isn't a fan who actually pays to enter Ibrox who can say whatever they want and expect zero comeback.

As a Rangers fan, you know that behaviour which tarnishes the clubs reputation will see you banned.
I'm sure you wouldn't argue that Suttons ramblings do exactly that.

The idea that Sutton should be above the rules that lifelong supporters need to live by is absolutely mental.

Dave King on the whole is one of us.
I know he has his South African business interests, and I can understand how the club gets under his skin.
But he is a long way from home and should just leave the people here to sort out their differences.

We will always be eternally grateful to Dave King for getting the club back on track. However, is making a proper tit of himself at the moment.

Club 1872 started off as a good idea and appears to have quickly become what a lot of these groups do and become a mess that is in way a decent representation of Rangers.

I believe DK when he speaks of his vision for supporter involvement, and I feel the deal he offered Club 1872 for his shares is 100% genuine.
However, he is extremely political in his methods. He's using emotive arguments to express his concerns about the board. Relationships between the support, board, Club 1872 and Chris Sutton don't threaten Rangers in any serious way. So what is Dave King really concerned about, and why does he morally object to Graeme Park? This board is the most popular board Rangers have ever had, so DK wants Rangers supporters to listen to him only the truth, the absolute truth has any hope of convincing us.
It has to be noted that Club 1872's AGM poll was not influenced in any way to support DK's votes. Club 1872 voted to pass all the AGM resolutions pretty overwhelmingly. If DK wants to use Club 1872 then there are no signs he'll also want their votes.
There is also the matter of DK's takeover. When he talks of behaviour befitting of Rangers then he can't conveniently not include his own. He broke the takeover panel's rules, and was advised by George Letham he risked triggering the requirement to make a mandatory offer for the club. He ignored the advice, and it all ended with him being cold shouldered. That casts a fairly big shadow of doubt on his concerns over the current board. None of them are cold shouldered, and none of them have had public conflicts over tax, takeovers, and commercial deals.
I still believe in Club 1872, and their aims are what every supporter should want. The support are Rangers, and we need to have a significant shareholder influence in order to protect our club from so many c*nts out there.
The relationship between Club 1872 and the board is not a lost cause. And it never has been. It's down to members to make relations with the Rangers board a priority, and to hold the C1872 directors elected to account for how successful that relationship is. If we're not happy with our directors we can do what DK did, and use the power of our vote.

I disagree. The club should never lower itself to the level us as fans would act.
Rangers have always been a class above other clubs but this goes the wrong way for me.
Why? His behaviour with Pedro at Dingwall would be enough to merit being banned from the stadium. BT allowed him to do what he wanted that day whilst Darrel Currie stood by in silence. Sutton doesn't care about not getting into Ibrox he was saying last week at some tim show that it was like being banned by Aldi.

If BT were that bothered about him being on the coverage they would fly him out alongside Hartson to cover their games like they've sadly done with Craigan for our games.

This is all totally depressing.

And, unfortunately, very predictable given our recent history of fan groups always disintegrating into in-fighting.

Amazing how much time so many of our representatives and figureheads devote to fighting each other when we have so many outside enemies intent on destroying the club all of us love so much.

While it seems quite obvious where any "blame" lies in this instance, I'd rather not add to the pain by slagging off good Rangers people, but instead just hope that everyone comes to their senses and lives by the immortal words of "the club is bigger than the man".
It needs sorting, pronto.

No way should it be allowed to drag on and become another cancer to the club.

Time for the Gentleman involved to get their business heads together and find an amicable solution .

Is your view that King comes in in 2015 and that’s the end of the fight for control? Did you forget about Ashley and Rangers Retail, those are part of the old regime too.

If you actually read what he says none of it mentions C1872 were around in 2015, just that they were important in achieving regime change and more importantly, reengaging with fans.

It wasn’t until after 2016, after C1872 were formed, that we could begin issuing shares to external investors, including C1872, to allow us to solidify control and bring in the right investors.

In fact, at that point we didn’t even have control. Remember the anger after the 2016 AGM when McCoist never voted with his 1.25% and Resolution 11, to issue new shares, was defeated by just 0.4%?

In the following year, C1872 bought out Ashley, became the second largest shareholder in Rangers, then their votes enabled the issuing of new shares at the 2017 AGM, which brought in many of our current investors. This led to their shares being diluted to it’s current level, but was instrumental in achieving complete regime change.
As i said, I will post what I know this week and it's not what you believe

The problem is with Club 1872.

Not the Rangers board.

Club 1872 needs a total clear out and new strategy going forward.

What happened with this? Wasn't there supposed to be a vote to remove the current board? Did it fail?

Sutton doesn't do his job though, unless he is employed to give little to the analysis of the match and act like a tabloid journalist.

I don’t care that Sutton is banned, but that is why he is there. Different pundits appeal to different sections of the audience. Some people will prefer the guy that sits there and talks tactics and gameplans.

Others respond to controversial figures who cause a stir. Sutton is there to appeal to the lowest common denominator. BT know neutrals and tims especially will tune in and lap it up.

I don’t care that Sutton is banned, but that is why he is there. Different pundits appeal to different sections of the audience. Some people will prefer the guy that sits there and talks tactics and gameplans.

Others respond to controversial figures who cause a stir. Sutton is there to appeal to the lowest common denominator. BT know neutrals and tims especially will tune in and lap it up.
Yip ,at our expense.
Rangers FC and the support should not be the joke or click bait for those mutants .
Sutton is a tadger and has no place in our stadium

Yip ,at our expense.
Rangers FC and the support should not be the joke or click bait for those mutants .
Sutton is a tadger and has no place in our stadium
I’m not excusing his behaviour mate. Just saying thats how these broadcasters work. They put in tits like Sutton to appeal to the crowd that crave drama and controversy.

i didn’t mean “taught” to sound calculated, it’s more organic than that but the club continue to think that’s what the fans want so they’ll pander…but that’s also a corrupting thing. The club need to lead on occasions regardless of whether the fans like it or not. For now the media stuff is small beer, but i think in particular the Sutton one really does look like overreach and King’s right to say so.
As someone said previously, how can Sutton be employed as a pundit and at the same time imply corruption by referees. Also realise the comments about Dunfermline taking it easy against Rangers are a long time ago, but has he ever publicly apologised? Can't understand how a TV channel can employ someone who goes out his way to undermine the product he is there to promote.

King was ideal for the war against the SPIVS but it Is clearly a good thing he is not involved with the day to day running of the club now.

So in effect he is utterly pointless as a pundit and is solely there for the rockets to boost viewing figures!

As far as I am aware, those people running Rangers or being major investors are to a very large percentage Rangers men. As such, "Rangers supporters" are not exactly out of the equation. Club1872 has rightly get its house in order before other investors or the board will properly deal with them again.

As for Sutton, he should be on the top of many a journalist, "reporter" or "expert" not allowed into Ibrox. And IMHO, that list is far too short right now.

I’m not excusing his behaviour mate. Just saying thats how these broadcasters work. They put in tits like Sutton to appeal to the crowd that crave drama and controversy.
wasn't getting at you at all mate. merely backing up your post and saying we as a club should not be used as a whipping horse for BT ,mutton or anyone else .
if only he would piss off and keep his biased deliberations to himself and give us all peace .and take fatson with him too .pair of planks .
helicopter sunday gives me a warm glow when they start rambling on :))

Who do BT employ to do likewise in their EPL coverage ?

As someone said previously, how can Sutton be employed as a pundit and at the same time imply corruption by referees. Also realise the comments about Dunfermline taking it easy against Rangers are a long time ago, but has he ever publicly apologised? Can't understand how a TV channel can employ someone who goes out his way to undermine the product he is there to promote.
he’s there for entertainment and we’ve actually helped perpetuate it

Running to the Record now wanting Sutton back in. Not reading the room very well at all here Dave.
With regard to Sutton,I think Rangers should just allow him in, I know why he isn't and it isn't down to fears for his security/safety but probably more to do with the digs at the Club on his Twitter and probably the reason for his safety. If he just shut up,there would be none of this.

With regard to Sutton,I think Rangers should just allow him in, I know why he isn't and it isn't down to fears for his security/safety but probably more to do with the digs at the Club on his Twitter and probably the reason for his safety. If he just shut up,there would be none of this.
Just how nieve can you be mate, your last sentence is utterly unbelievable.

Unhelpful timing from King but aside from his surname, what does Park Jr bring to the table? The only thing I can associate with him post 2015 is the Caixinha appointment.

Sutton made a quip comparing us to lidl that should earn the rangers hating b a life ban imo no offence to lidl ofcourse!

I can solve the pundit situation in a few sentences: Do a deal with Rangers/Celtic to show the respective clubs half time analysis from their own TV channels. Then all BT need to concern themselves with is the commentary team, who are usually remote anyways, thus saving themselves a few pennies.

In terms of King, for someone who didn't seem overly concerned about getting his money back in the short term, he comes across as someone who is concerned about getting his money back in the short term. Why else would he be coming out against Park and backing Club 1872?

Have to agree.

The relationship between board and fans is very poor and i find that very disappointing as well as frustrating.
55 should've brought EVERYBODY together success on the park should come first imo, the infighting is sad to see and is alienating ordinary fans, nothing I've seen from Club 1872 inspires confidence it looks from the outside like wee guys fighting to be top boy and cliquey as %^*&.

Dave King isn't above criticism, noone is, his plans for Club 1872 leave much to be critical of but a lot of this thread is filled with assumptions, accusations and insults which I don't believe the man who saved our club deserves.

Embarrassed reading some of this really.

What he wants is wildly different to the desires of those on here and elsewhere, but its in no way unique.

I see zero point in C1872 being a thing that exists, but there'll be many that still believe. I wish the board would make him an offer, in private and amicably and end this washing of dirty linen in public.
C1872 with 25% and open dialogue with core fans would be great.

C1872 with under 5% operating like some secret society doesn't really do it for me.

Unhelpful timing from King but aside from his surname, what does Park Jr bring to the table? The only thing I can associate with him post 2015 is the Caixinha appointment.

He helped bring in Ross Wilson and James Bisgrove. He and Robertson and Dickson brought in Pedro on behalf of King it’s funny he is the one that the mud has stuck too.

This board has been screaming for journalists etc to get banned forever.

Back