Jesus Christ! Now Dave King wants the club to love Club 1872 and let Chris Sutton back in!

Wasn't Club 1872 formed AFTER regime change ?

It's obvious that his end game is for Club 1872 to pony up for his shares and in return he'll humbly accept their nomination as their representitive on the Rangers board should it ever happen.

Yep. It came about in 2016. I remember that because the last RST AGM was 2015.

King is really not doing himself any favours with these continued outbursts.

The presence and influence of the shadowy Club 1872 director, Chris Graham, is utterly toxic.

I’m not sure what King is trying to achieve here.
There is zero chance Club 1872 in its toxic form will ever get the cash to buy him out.

It’s all very strange.

We hear a lot about Chris Graham. However, we should also be aware that actual C1872 board member James Irvine is close to Dave King.

It says it all about the current state of Club1872 that someone who isn’t a member seems to have more influence than the actual bloody paying members!

The role of the 'members' (actually, not members but contributors) is to pay their money and shut up. Anyone who steps out of line gets kicked out.

Reactions: fmp
The Sutton comment is all the proof needed that he’s threw the toys out the pram with the current board.

Forever grateful to him ousting the spivs but since leaving the board he’s turned into a bellend if truth be told and this interview is proof.

Bad enough he went to the Daily Record yesterday but now defending Sutton publicly?

FWIW I think banning Sutton has been petty but Kings been in charge when we’ve banned others so he’s completely hypocritical.

Wish he’d just shut his mouth instead of trying to back up his arselickers and blazer chasers in C1872 which on the face of it, looks as though King had given their string puller a cooshty little number

And no one can claim he’s acting in Rangers best interests here

He’s looking after Dave King and is clearly doing everything he can to upset the board and try and get folk back on side with the sham that is C1872

Think he’s read the room very badly on this

DK will always be remembered for bringing the club back to what it should be. And his idea of fan ownership blocking future spivs is completely sound on paper and done with the best intentions. But he is letting himself down here.

1) We don’t wash our dirty linen in public, that is not the Rangers way. Especially not to the Daily Record. He should know better.

2) Those in charge of Club 1872 have lost all credibility. Change is required for the idea of partial fan ownership to have a chance of succeeding, if that is even deemed the best way forward.

3) Dave has always been bullish and completely out of touch with the average working Rangers fan, even from the very start. You could imagine having a pint and chat with Donald Park or John Gilligan, but Dave King would always be on a completely different wavelength to most people.
If that drink ever comes to pass, be sure to get The Chairman’s name right.

Does anyone know how much King wants for his shares/how much they are valued at?

and is there any possibility of a non C1872 group buying them in the interest of the club and severing ties with him?

As I suggested in the previous DK thread the guy is becoming a massive pain in the bum.
And how predictable that the Rangers-hating rags which were quite happy to dwell on what they perceived as his unsuitability as a Rangers director and quote less than complimentary comments on him from a South African judge now seem to hang on Dave's every word.

The role of the 'members' (actually, not members but contributors) is to pay their money and shut up. Anyone who steps out of line gets kicked out.
Do you think that the current board just want the fans to pay their money and shut up?

Was it not accepted as a good idea having an influence in the boardroom from fans to avoid some of probs of the past. Not liking DK and his share manouevers shouldn't mean fans don't organise their shares - do we want a boardroom who justify their decisions and look for wider approval or just be in the dark until we need to boycott or demo against something we don't like?

What's brought this on exactly? Why is he making more noise than recently?
Because the power he thought C1872 had is slipping away and with it, the money making machine that was going to buy his shares and possibly have him as their board rep as a thank you

I’m speculating of course but the timing of this doesn’t seem to be coincidental with recent events involving C1872 and Mr Graham

Do you think that the current board just want the fans to pay their money and shut up?

Was it not accepted as a good idea having an influence in the boardroom from fans to avoid some of probs of the past. Not liking DK and his share manouevers shouldn't mean fans don't organise their shares - do we want a boardroom who justify their decisions and look for wider approval or just be in the dark until we need to boycott or demo against something we don't like?

I'm not talking about the RFC board but that of C1872.

I don’t know what in the %^*& club1872 are playing at here the bunch of fuckwits.

I am going to assume that you are 100% correct in your thinking as Mr. Dingwall has liked the post. It's a good job Dave King doesn't like Ashley or he would be the first cab off the rank in the scare stories bonanza. I'm sure our gutter press will have plenty more lined up right enough.
And no one can claim he’s acting in Rangers best interests here

He’s looking after Dave King and is clearly doing everything he can to upset the board and try and get folk back on side with the sham that is C1872

Think he’s read the room very badly on this
I think if DK was entirely motivated by self interest he would sell his shares to the first available buyer. He has publically stated that he doesn't want to do that. He wants his shareholding to be bought by the Rangers support. The only vehicle currently in place is the support owned Club 1872.
IMHO the support should have a voice on the board. The very least that should be in place is a formal forum where the support can make representations to the board and their views given a fair hearing. The current boards obvious disdain for safe standing perfectly illustrates the gulf that currently exists between the support and the board. I appreciate that our board are dyed in the wool Rangers men. But so are we. They don't have a monopoly on wisdom. We should always have a means of challenging the board. Look where the ivory tower got us last time.
I'm not up to speed on the political wrangling within Club 1872. If it's broken then sort it. We absolutely must, for the good of the club in the longer term, have some form of accountability to the largest source of revenue to the club; the Rangers supporters.

What’s his angle here?

He is partially correct in stating that the shareholders of C1872 - not the CIC board itself - are being shortchanged by the club’s hierarchy. But surely he must realise that the fans are never going to pay £13m for his shareholding. If he were to sell a third of his shareholding to the fans would that put a fan representative with a demonstrable corporate background in the boardroom? Unrealistic? Perhaps, but if the fans were to raise a total of say £8m (£4.5m to acquire a tranche of King’s equity) and offer a £3.5m loan to the club with the incentive of further running cost funding coming from current and future subs, would that change Dougie et al’s minds?

Would that trump someone like John Bennett’s financial input at roughly 5% and however much bridging loan funding that he is currently providing?

Is this a non starter because of the voting rights headache caused to the current custodians?

Leaving aside all the legitimate mistrust of Chris Graham and his underlings, at what point do we actually question Park, Taylor, Letham, Gibson and Bennett’s consolidation of their financial positions to the detriment of the fans as shareholders of the company?

I would much rather FF were outside the tent pissing in than seemingly taking the stance it currently is, which seems like obeisance to the current regime. The pile on of DK is hardly surprising. The sycophantic behavior of some to Chris Graham when he was vogue, the brown brogue avatar, the deference paid to every post was vomit inducing as is the current pack-like attack on his character, so it’s no surprise that the man who pulled us from the abyss is now persona non grata to some on here.
Are we really that blind? Do we really want our grandkids to relive what we went through in the bot so distant past? Remember no one was successfuly prosecuted for what was done to the club. No one. The bastards made millions from us. Who are we to say there isn’t another Craig Whyte/David Murray scenario just down the road? King said he didn’t want his kids getting the shares as they have no interest in football. The implication being they’d offload to someone (like Minty did) without thought for the club. I don’t know Graeme Park, but what gives him the right to a board seat, nepotism? Maybe we need to wake up as a support and start putting safeguards in place to protect out club. The current board are great, but neither they, nor us know what’s in the shadows further down the road.

Starting to get a bit annoyed with Dave King at the moment. If he felt club 1872 had/have so much to offer, then why didn't he allow them a place on the board when he had more influence to allow it?

I would much rather FF were outside the tent pissing in than seemingly taking the stance it currently is, which seems like obeisance to the current regime. The pile on of DK is hardly surprising. The sycophantic behavior of some to Chris Graham when he was vogue, the brown brogue avatar, the deference paid to every post was vomit inducing as is the current pack-like attack on his character, so it’s no surprise that the man who pulled us from the abyss is now persona non grata to some on here.
Are we really that blind? Do we really want our grandkids to relive what we went through in the bot so distant past? Remember no one was successfuly prosecuted for what was done to the club. No one. The bastards made millions from us. Who are we to say there isn’t another Craig Whyte/David Murray scenario just down the road? King said he didn’t want his kids getting the shares as they have no interest in football. The implication being they’d offload to someone (like Minty did) without thought for the club. I don’t know Graeme Park, but what gives him the right to a board seat, nepotism? Maybe we need to wake up as a support and start putting safeguards in place to protect out club. The current board are great, but neither they, nor us know what’s in the shadows further down the road.
A lot of emotion there but I don't really see the point you are making?

If there was reason to be wary or angry at the current board I know for certain FF would be at the forefront of the criticism.

There is not (to my knowledge) any such reason currently to doubt their motivation or actions. If there is in the future I believe the support will be vigilant enough to act upon it.

(There are differences in opinion, obviously i.e. safe standing, some occasional unhappiness at some things but nothing than represents a serious problem or an existential threat).

I for one will be forever grateful to Dave King for saving our club, but I don't understand why a factional fight is going on now.
Surely all of them have the same goal and that is for Rangers to be in safe hands and continue to be successful, it saddens me to see that there are dangerous divisions happening and that is something that we certainly don't need.

If there was reason to be wary or angry at the current board I know for certain FF would be at the forefront of the criticism.

There is not (to my knowledge) any such reason currently to doubt their motivation or actions. If there is in the future I believe the support will be vigilant enough to act upon it.

(There are differences in opinion, obviously i.e. safe standing, some occasional unhappiness at some things but nothing than represents a serious problem or an existential threat).
Maybe it wasn’t clear in my post. What action has the current board taken to guarantee the club can never again fall into the hands of shysters? It seems like none, as it also seems that everything is now hunky-dory to the support and we need never fear a repeat of the last ten years. As the old saying goes: “those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.” It’s my opinion (no more than that) that Dave King, a Bear from Castlemilk, is trying to pint this out to the support. It’s not about the current board, it’s about the next one, or the one two or three generations down the line. The stick the man is getting is way out of line.

Noise we could be doing without. Going well on the park and some tough games coming up. Wonder what us plebs don’t know that’s driving this? Seemed to start at the Club 1872 elections and questions asked about Castore and sports directs relationship?

Chris Graham was a friend of this very message board. Now he’s not? Fan representation deserved a seat at the boardroom to make sure history wasn’t repeated. Now it doesn’t?

I’ll keep paying my Club 1872 subscription in just in case and forever be thankful to Dave King for stepping up when all seemed lost.

My only concern is what happens if we don’t get next seasons champions league money? Would that be a serious problem or an existential threat as your post? If not then id rather this sideshow was sorted in private.

Does anyone know how much King wants for his shares/how much they are valued at?

and is there any possibility of a non C1872 group buying them in the interest of the club and severing ties with him?

Why would they buy them when they’re just going to dilute his shareholding with the issue of new shares? That’s why King is kicking up a fuss.

I don’t like all of this. King did save our club and pushing away folk like him might not be wise long term. His continuous backing of C1872 isn’t doing him any favours whatsoever though.

Unfortunately he’s going to tarnish what should be a great reputation with the fans. Got to be financial imo. He’s not happy because his deal with Club 72 is dead because the fans don’t trust them

I’m happy to stick my neck out here and say the club is in safe hands with Douglas Park involved mate.

What’s his total shareholding?

65,000,000 shares? Probably have to pay 20/25p a share.

£13-16m.

Wonder if the others could find a way?
That 13 - 16 million is better invested in new share issues as and when the club requires it.
He’s basically spat the dummy as he knows that the current board will sanction the issue of new shares to cover the shortfall in revenue, diluting his shareholding on the way and there is nothing he can do about it.

There are better ways for DK to air his grievances.Running to the Daily Record and Evening Times is certainly not one of them.

Last edited:
Amazing he’s says the club don’t listen to the supporters. Think I can say at least 99% don’t want Sutton and his like back into Ibrox. He’s entitled to his opinion and so is Sutton but so is everyone who pays there money every year for a season ticket. I know who the club should be listening to and it’s not Mr King.

What must asked , here despite all the noise and pseudo threats .

Is what has prompted this fall out between him and the board and the reason for the obvious mistrust of each other that seems to have developed over the last 18 months .

There is a reason and nobody is saying so the hypocrisy of what Dave kings actions and words over the last 3 months or so mean nothing to me if he is working an agenda as looks clear.

What has this rangers man fell out with the bunch of rangers men who control the club .

I will be grateful for Dave king for stepping up but he was one of many who did whatever is his problem now and it's obvious there is one he should tell us straight instead of all this drip.drip to the media haters of us in Scotland I find that very disturbing and indeed a bit tasteless.

There is no doubt unless as he has eluded to many times hiding the truth from.the fans is not on but he is becoming increasingly a purveyor of what he fought against.

So the question is here .

What is the real issue ?

I hope it's not money I would find that very disturbing and distasteful.

But overall I find this very sad

Maybe it wasn’t clear in my post. What action has the current board taken to guarantee the club can never again fall into the hands of shysters? It seems like none, as it also seems that everything is now hunky-dory to the support and we need never fear a repeat of the last ten years. As the old saying goes: “those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.” It’s my opinion (no more than that) that Dave King, a Bear from Castlemilk, is trying to pint this out to the support. It’s not about the current board, it’s about the next one, or the one two or three generations down the line. The stick the man is getting is way out of line.
He’s voted against one of the current board so that hardly stacks up, does it?

Time the current board made Mr King an offer for his shares and allowed him to go back to focusing on his South African business interests.

I have nothing but admiration and gratitude for what he has done in saving the club but it's almost like he's acting the spoilt child now and doesn't like being out of the spotlight.
That might be what he's fishing for.

Back