Jesus Christ! Now Dave King wants the club to love Club 1872 and let Chris Sutton back in!

I could be getting this wrong but seems DK has difficulty selling his shares mostly because the board will issue shares against loans and so diluting the share value - and that would be to a fans group. However the board member loans of say £4m will always be £4m no matter the share value and so not lose? Almost as if it's deliberate and who wouldn't feel a wee bit bit miffed.
You’re partly correct but the £4m would convert in X number of shares at Y value. So the share price is important and any existing shares they have would be diluted as would Dave’s
its nit deliberate as it’s exactly what Dave was doing when he was still investing rather than trying to disinvest.

To be fair it's a few years ago but when I was in he was paid for 3 days consultancy by the club to help club 1872. It was pretty evident by the time I left that laura, Euan and by association Joanne were pretty much marching to his tune with Laura quoting what Dave says to Chris.
And as I've said before, I can confirm CG was present at board meetings in my brief period before resignation.

To be fair it's a few years ago but when I was in he was paid for 3 days consultancy by the club to help club 1872. It was pretty evident by the time I left that laura, Euan and by association Joanne were pretty much marching to his tune with Laura quoting what Dave says to Chris.
And as I've said before, I can confirm CG was present at board meetings in my brief period before resignation.

For me, that isn't a problem with Chris Graham, that is a problem with certain board members, two of whom are still in-situ.

For me, that isn't a problem with Chris Graham, that is a problem with certain board members, two of whom are still in-situ.
Don't necessarily disagree with you. Although divisive I don't feel negatively towards Chris, but it definitely skews and undermines appropriate governance when you have a non elected individual heavily involved in steering an organisation. Especially for a member organisation with a large amount of assets.

Would you let someone that constantly sneers at you into your house?
I wouldn't, but I'm not a business that is supposed to be capable of showing a certain level of professionalism. We should let him back in, the fans will be quick to give him the same treatment Boyd gets from the tims, and if it were up to me we would play highlights of helicopter Sunday on the big screens every time he is in attendance seeing as he has clearly never gotten over the trauma of that day.

You’re partly correct but the £4m would convert in X number of shares at Y value. So the share price is important and any existing shares they have would be diluted as would Dave’s
its nit deliberate as it’s exactly what Dave was doing when he was still investing rather than trying to disinvest.
Thanks I see what you mean. I 'm thinking that whatever each share is worth it would still need to add up to the value of their loan but their existing shares would be worth less. On another point I'm disappointed that the existing board don't seem to be making any moves towards say an alternative to C1872 for a real fans input. Unlike Mr Park who has already been on the board of Hearts we've always been here and always will.

I wouldn't, but I'm not a business that is supposed to be capable of showing a certain level of professionalism. We should let him back in, the fans will be quick to give him the same treatment Boyd gets from the tims, and if it were up to me we would play highlights of helicopter Sunday on the big screens every time he is in attendance seeing as he has clearly never gotten over the trauma of that day.
I think maybe the probable fans response to Sutton is an issue for the board - the media response we would get compared to the greeting brigade would be far worse.

Last edited:
Thanks I see what you mean. I 'm thinking that whatever each share is worth it would still need to add up to the value of their loan but their existing shares would be worth less. On another point I'm disappointed that the existing board don't seem to be making any moves towards say an alternative to C1872 for a real fans input. Unlike Mr Park who has already been on the board of Hearts we've always been here and always will.
It’s up to fans to organise if they wish. The Board gave us the chance to invest directly and raised circa £5m
Plenty of Bluenoses have worked or joined other clubs, it’s not for me but The Parks are in deep with a serious commitment now.
They are 100% Bluenoses

If you accept that C1872 went direct to a supplier to verify and check up on statements given to C1872 by SR that he believed to be confidential and privileged information, do you honestly expect anybody is going to answer your repetitive question with any known details of it on a public forum?
Or, are you just endlessly banging on for the sake of it?

I just wanted to establish if one of the big sticks used on here to beat Club 1872 (the breach of confidentiality,) was a good enough reason for the continuing pile on from this forum.

It’s now clear to me the facts of this breach are not and will not be publicly available, so no point in asking again (though some seem to infer they know what was asked….another confidence breach somewhere?)

I have also said that if a fans group went against the current directors, to ensure the best interests of the club and not the current custodians were met….let’s say as an example ‘are Sports Direct involved in the Castore deal,’ then I wouldn’t have a problem with it.

If it was plain old nosiness by Club 1872 about financials then I agree, that is out of order.

If we let him back in its almost certainly going to be for a UEFA match. If he then gets the equivalent treatment Boyd did at Tannadice we all know what UEFA do next.

I just wanted to establish if one of the big sticks used on here to beat Club 1872 (the breach of confidentiality,) was a good enough reason for the continuing pile on from this forum.

It’s now clear to me the facts of this breach are not and will not be publicly available, so no point in asking again (though some seem to infer they know what was asked….another confidence breach somewhere?)

I have also said that if a fans group went against the current directors, to ensure the best interests of the club and not the current custodians were met….let’s say as an example ‘are Sports Direct involved in the Castore deal,’ then I wouldn’t have a problem with it.

If it was plain old nosiness by Club 1872 about financials then I agree, that is out of order.

C1872 board acting like despots and treating their membership deplorably is more than a big enough stick to beat them with.

C1872 board acting like despots and treating their membership deplorably is more than a big enough stick to beat them with.

They do seem to have dropped off the face of the earth.

It’s the non illegal breach of confidence and the thinking behind it that piqued my interest. I didn’t know if it was common knowledge (as it’s referenced a lot,) and it turns out it’s not. Itch has been scratched so back to the actual football for me.

They do seem to have dropped off the face of the earth.

It’s the non illegal breach of confidence and the thinking behind it that piqued my interest. I didn’t know if it was common knowledge (as it’s referenced a lot,) and it turns out it’s not. Itch has been scratched so back to the actual football for me.

Yeah, right... :cool:

Yeah, right... :cool:

I have no more questions your honour.

Keep playing I know something you don’t know.

I’ll keep paying Club 1872, hope this stuff gets resolved quietly and that we still have an independent fans group to question our custodians, should the need ever arise again.

Long live the King.

I think that maybe the probable fans response to Sutton is the issue for the board - the media response we would get compared to the greeting brigade would be far worse.
Spot on RG

It took a while but you have finally revealed that you wondered if SD were involved?
Seriously it’s time to give it a rest and stop your nonsense
“Just wondered?” What a joke!

It took a while but you have finally revealed that you wondered if SD were involved?
Seriously it’s time to give it a rest and stop your nonsense
“Just wondered?” What a joke!
I asked that almost straight away. Look back in the thread. Plenty asked it on here at the time as well.

As you have quoted me randomly in your unrelated response to another poster above it seems you may have copied and pasted me to someone, somewhere else. Sinister or you have copy and paste issues?

Thou doth protest too much

I asked that almost straight away. Look back in the thread. Plenty asked it on here at the time as well.

As you have quoted me randomly in your unrelated response to another poster above it seems you may have copied and pasted me to someone, somewhere else. Sinister or you have copy and paste issues?

I

Ha ha! I don’t even know how to copy and paste!
It’s not me who’s protesting …..

Oh but it is. Now repeat after me

Long live the King

Dave King has a lot of respect for Club 1872 it appears, and is happy for them (and them alone) to buy his shares.

Is he also happy for Club 1872 to act as his proxy and combine his shares with theirs as a block vote?
Let the fans use his shares?

I mean it's only a matter of time before Club 1872 own all his shares so hand the power over now?

Dave King has a lot of respect for Club 1872 it appears, and is happy for them (and them alone) to buy his shares.

Is he also happy for Club 1872 to act as his proxy and combine his shares with theirs as a block vote?

I mean it's only a matter of time before Club 1872 own all his shares so hand the power over now?

I have absolutely no idea bud. Unlike some populating this thread I am not in the know, have no horses in the race and originally opened it hoping to see both sides of the story.

Although Club 1872 seem to have went into hibernation publicly and the two seem interlinked in whatever’s going on here, I am still thankful to Dave King for saving Rangers. I also feel it’s right to have an independent fans group checking the garden is still rosy now and again.

When it felt like I was being piled on for asking questions, I got deliberately arsey to the main culprits.

Your post seems loaded and very specific. Way above my grunt status. There’s definitely something going on that doesn’t sit right. Whether that’s from one or both sides i don’t know, though it would be better done in private.

I have absolutely no idea bud. Unlike some populating this thread I am not in the know, have no horses in the race and originally opened it hoping to see both sides of the story.

Although Club 1872 seem to have went into hibernation publicly and the two seem interlinked in whatever’s going on here, I am still thankful to Dave King for saving Rangers. I also feel it’s right to have an independent fans group checking the garden is still rosy now and again.

When it felt like I was being piled on for asking questions, I got deliberately arsey to the main culprits.

Your post seems loaded and very specific. Way above my grunt status. There’s definitely something going on that doesn’t sit right. Whether that’s from one or both sides i don’t know, though it would be better done in private.
I have no axe to grind either way.

I am a big fan of Dave King and believe him to have the best interests of Rangers at heart.

However, I find his love-in with Club 1872 very curious.

Don't necessarily disagree with you. Although divisive I don't feel negatively towards Chris, but it definitely skews and undermines appropriate governance when you have a non elected individual heavily involved in steering an organisation. Especially for a member organisation with a large amount of assets.
Well what was he doing? All we ever hear with claims like this is CG ran C1872 from behind the scenes. But that's it. Never an example of decisions he took, or leadership he provided. Just saying he was heavily involved can also mean he was a particularly hard working consultant.

Well what was he doing? All we ever hear with claims like this is CG ran C1872 from behind the scenes. But that's it. Never an example of decisions he took, or leadership he provided. Just saying he was heavily involved can also mean he was a particularly hard working consultant.
A consultant paid by a company to run the day to day affairs of a body whose only reason for existing it to buy shares in the same company. There's a wee problem in there.

Not really and even hillheadbear didn't see a problem in it.
Mmm, what's a share buying vehicle, that only exists for that purpose, being nosey for?

It completely over steps the mandate of the company tbh.

They are supposed to be a voice to the fans.

Mmm, what's a share buying vehicle, that only exists for that purpose, being nosey for?

It completely over steps the mandate of the company tbh.

They are supposed to be a voice to the fans.
You are talking about something completely different from what my post was referring to.

But I see c1872 as more than just a voice of the fans/members. They are there to also hold the rangers board to account when required.

You are talking about something completely different from what my post was referring to.

But I see c1872 as more than just a voice of the fans/members. They are there to also hold the rangers board to account when required.
Yeah my bad there. Was part reading someone else's comment. Take no notice.

They never held the board to account though, if anything they just echoed what the board had said, and were used as a platform for anything the club wanted to say but couldn't directly say publicly.

Club1872 and the average Rangers supporter have a massive disconnect, how can they hold the board to account, when their own views differ so massively?

Where's the money coming from to acquire all his shares?

A consultant paid by a company to run the day to day affairs of a body whose only reason for existing it to buy shares in the same company. There's a wee problem in there.
I would agree if he was running the day to day affairs. However, no evidence has ever been produced that he did. Just saying he did is an accusation that diminishes in credibility the longer it has no proof to back it up.

I would agree if he was running the day to day affairs. However, no evidence has ever been produced that he did. Just saying he did is an accusation that diminishes in credibility the longer it has no proof to back it up.
He attended Board meetings as attested to by Mully and Stewart MacQuarrie, wrote emails for other board members to send, wrote the press releases, etc, etc.

If you don't like debate then don't debate.
I don't mind debating it, the forum needs to hear alternative views. But I'll never have my mind changed (not like that matters) until I start seeing some real facts. Too much guff getting posted as fact on here.

*It's not boring more depressing we seem to have run fellow fans down to in order to achieve each others aims.

Last edited:
He attended Board meetings as attested to by Mully and Stewart MacQuarrie, wrote emails for other board members to send, wrote the press releases, etc, etc.
Attending board meetings, writing emails and press releases doesn't count for much. That's the issue I have with the accusations. What did he do in the board meetings that constituted leading C1872 in a way he saw fit to? What was in the emails he wrote on behalf of others, did they ask him to write them, did they approve what he wrote?
All we have are C1872's version of events, and, for want of a better description, the requisitioner's version of events. As far as I can see C1872 have rebutted all accusations levelled at them. And none of their accusers have produced a shred of proof to back up what they are accusing C1872 of.

Attending board meetings, writing emails and press releases doesn't count for much. That's the issue I have with the accusations. What did he do in the board meetings that constituted leading C1872 in a way he saw fit to? What was in the emails he wrote on behalf of others, did they ask him to write them, did they approve what he wrote?
All we have are C1872's version of events, and, for want of a better description, the requisitioner's version of events. As far as I can see C1872 have rebutted all accusations levelled at them. And none of their accusers have produced a shred of proof to back up what they are accusing C1872 of.
You are 100% right and the current Directors are a Beacon of Corporate Governance
They should be able to raise the £13m needed to buy Oasis shares within months
Thanks for all your insight and for explaining things in such an open and transparent manner
Cheers

That Ibrox blazer must have turned into a body warmer by now. Arms ripped off at each side with folk clinging on desperately to the pockets.
Like a pack of hyenas fighting over a carcass

That Ibrox blazer must have turned into a body warmer by now. Arms ripped off at each side with folk clinging on desperately to the pockets.
Like a pack of hyenas fighting over a carcass
I don't think it has anything to do with that mate.

It's been about money from day 1, Club1872 never stood a chance.

What've the Romans ever done for us, springs to mind

Actually, that isn't quite true. In our road map, we made a number of accusations which were never refuted and which were based on the accounts of C1872 and other C1872 documents which were publicly available. These were based on what we saw as a failure in Corporate Governance and a failure to achieve its core mission.

You're taking the piss.

Depends how patient Dave King is.

Depends also on Club 1872's 50K a year person. Any word when she/he/it will be appointed?
Wouldn't know! You seemed very confident they would, I wanted to know where the confidence came from. I'm guessing you plucked an answer for the sake of it.

Wild mate.

Back