Jim Duffy saying he has heard Porteous is signing for Rangers

How many times has he been at fault for goals against us as he’s too interested in trying to wind up Morelos? He’s rotten, not because he’s Scottish but because he’s rotten.

The Hibs game at Ibrox last October, just before Gerrard left. Hibs were 1 up and cruising. We were toothless. Then that muppet got himself sent off with an horrendous tackle he didnt need to make - we went on to win 2-1

Guys an idiot and has repeatedly shown an inability to control himself.

Not keen on the boy as a player before we get to his character. Haven't read the whole thread but didn't he get in trouble at Hibs for bullying one of his team mates? How's that going to go for team morale when he starts that in our dressing room against one of our youngsters?

Clearly has ability, was the best player on the park for Scotland earlier this year away to Ukraine.

Wouldn’t be against it but his temperament, as has been discussed, will obviously be a concern.

I’d take Porteous, some parts of his games need sharpening up and a bit of a tadger. But at 23 think it could definitely be a good signing with the right coaching

Davies is giving me bad vibes injury wise. Looks decent, nothing special, but it's playing one game, missing a couple etc.
Tough one, but I'd be inclined to move on if at all possible.
If we get the player he was at Preston then no one would be questioning him he was one of the best defenders in the English Championship 2 years ago.

I was actually pleased when we signed him but far too many negatives surrounding him at the moment hasn't exactly impressed and his fitness issues are a major worry.

In hindsight for £4 million we could have done better imo.

I think Tam McManus has come out and said it's nonsense and it's believed he is close to people ITK at the spoon burners. Thank god because that scumbag doesn't belong at Rangers.

Don't like the guy, wouldn't be a big fan of his signing. He'd still improve us sadly.

It's exactly the way we need to go as a club right now...hoover up the best Scottish players, develop our youth and make the odd big signing to augment them.

That is where we're at if we want a solid financial model and that's where I think the board are at.

We need to be signing the best of the rest of the SPL before we start going for foreign gambles imo.

An example would be Doekhi, you know that guy all of FF* wanted us to sign cause he was doing well in the Dutch leagues and had a cool name but then turned us down and went to Union Berlin.

Well, we may well get him now on the cheap as he's been so pish, the supporters of Union Berlin have clubbed together on their fansite to pay his airfair back to Rotterdam apparently. That's one for Ross.

*Not all but similar to those that wanted GVB as Manager, so around 90%.

I can normally look by what I think of a player if his ability trumps personality but I don't that's the case with Porteous.

We'd, quite obviously, set up tactically to give him possession against Hibs knowing he was terrible in possession. As an out and out defender he's got potential but if he signs for us he's going to be doing a lot more defending than originally needed because of how poor his distribution is.

‘No dickheads’ policy is something which worked well for the all blacks - we should be employing something similar. Personality matters and Ryan has a shit one.

Shows just how far standards have plummeted that so many are actually open to the idea of taking this mediocre thug on.

Hopefully never see that piece of shit anywhere near Ibrox. And if he did sign he’d no doubt spend a hell of a lot of time on the sidelines suspended.

Ross Wilson can clear his desk the moment we sign him. That scumbag should be no where near our club.
He reminds me of the thumb . Their is a player in there somewhere , but he thinks he is better than he actually is . His off field troubles are going the same way , he would be in the stand suspended more often than not because as a rangers player, those tackles he dives into would result in many more red cards & I’m sure he would cause ructions in any dressing room unlucky enough to have him in it . So it’s a NO from me .

The fact we are anywhere near this scumbag is a disgrace.
A very poor footballer who in the best has tried to injure players like Borna and Aribo.
Should not be touching him at all.

The fact we are anywhere near this scumbag is a disgrace.
A very poor footballer who in the best has tried to injure players like Borna and Aribo.
Should not be touching him at all.
Chill. There is nothing suggesting we are anywhere near him other than the ramblings of jim fecking duffy.

Interesting debate has arisen on the subject of Ryan Porteous.

Who is the worst scumbag to play for our club? Should we have a poll?

Joey Barton wins that dubious award by quite a distance, in my opinion, given his record of off field antics.

Would sum our footballing department up if we go for this scumbag. Refuse to go for top young Scottish talents last year in Ferguson and Doig so try to correct our mistake by signing this wee fanny.

Davies is giving me bad vibes injury wise. Looks decent, nothing special, but it's playing one game, missing a couple etc.
Tough one, but I'd be inclined to move on if at all possible.
100%. I started a thread a while back saying that I felt the signing was a bit strange. He might be a decent player, but we can’t afford to go through a couple of years of injuries and finding form for him to have one good season.

We need to be ruthless and sell non-contributing players on to the next mug who will pay money for them.

Stoke are keen on signing him & a few Hibs friends think that he’ll go down south to get away from Scotland and that it would benefit him.

That the club haven’t said that we’re not interested in him in the same way that they did for Ahmed Kendouchi is interesting though, they could easily quash or downplay all links by confirming that Poeteous isn’t a player of interest.

Stoke are keen on signing him & a few Hibs friends think that he’ll go down south to get away from Scotland and that it would benefit him.

That the club haven’t said that we’re not interested in him in the same way that they did for Ahmed Kendouchi is interesting though, they could easily quash or downplay all links by confirming that Poeteous isn’t a player of interest.
Have the club said they are not interested in Kendouci?

Back