Jim Goodwin says St Mirren will have a go at Ibrox

There seems to be a gradual change to the style of football the wee teams turn up with. I'm not saying they play beautiful stuff and ultimately we do force them all to sit pretty deep, but the likes of Hamilton, Dundee Utd, St Mirren, Livingston, Hibs and Ross County at least try to press and come out a bit despite their very limited quality.

We'll never fully escape the odd hammer-thrower in these sides, but give me these teams any day over the Motherwell/Kilmarnock/Aberdeen style shîte we've endured for years.

Looks like a mentally challenged, sounds like a mentally challenged, acts like a mentally challenged .......
You know what they say?
If it looks like a mentally challenged, sounds like a mentally challenged and acts like a mentally challenged, it’s probably a Príck.

What would you rather as an opposition fan - a 1-0 defeat like Kilmarnock or 4-1 like United?

I think most would prefer them to have a go. Teams like that have nothing to lose coming to Ibrox. Even being rinsed 4-1, I think a lot of people were quite complementary to how Utd set up and played. Tbh they did little wrong, we were outstanding from the 25th minute onwards, it was nothing to do with them playing badly.

If a team comes and has a go, and catches us on an off day they might just get a result. If they arent even trying to score, its highly unlikely they are getting anything, even if we arent at our best.

Will go the same as Dundee UTD at Ibrox, come out flying the first 20 minutes, unable to sustain it any longer and a comfortable victory for Rangers
It’s the tactic of all teams now including the Beasts - get into our face right from the kick off, pressing high and preventing us from getting into any rhythm, but after twenty or thirty minutes they begin to tire and we start controlling the game.

St. Mirren will be no different.

As much as he is a gobby prick I hope he's true to his word. We can't slate clubs for parking the bus and then get annoyed when they show a bit of ambition. Mind they pumped the filth at the Piggery. If they do come out it should be a good game.

Absolute bollocks. One of the most defensive teams in the league. Strikers will be sitting in front of their full backs. When he says they'll have go he means they'll have a go physically and kick everything in blue.

Absolute bollocks. One of the most defensive teams in the league. Strikers will be sitting in front of their full backs. When he says they'll have go he means they'll have a go physically and kick everything in blu

Gerrard’s champions-elect will be hoping to move within a point of the title when Goodwin’s men head to Ibrox on Saturday – but the Paisley men are also just one win shy of confirming their place in the top six.

And the Saints boss said: “We’re the only team in Europe who has been able to beat Rangers this season. We’re very proud of that Betfred Cup result and it would make it even more special if we can go to Ibrox and get a win in the league.

“They’ve won every league game they’ve played at Ibrox this season so no-one has to tell us how difficult it will be.

“But we won’t be going there to sit on our own 18-yard line. We’re within touching distance of the top six now so we’re going there to have a go.”
Aye right you stupid old bastard,hope we hammer them,49 point difference come Sat Night.

Look forward to a decent game of football then. No sly petty free kicks, no diving or going down at the slightest touch and no time wasting.

Clearly thinks he's in with a shout for the Selik job. Deludamol prescription just topped up yesterday.

St Mirren have been quite impressive the last couple of times we have played them to be fair.

Some of the smaller clubs have been a bit more forward thinking in their approach this season

I hope they do will be an absolute doing 3 or 4 nil.

They have nothing to lose so why not have a go?

C'Mon Rangers keep grinding out these wins!

B-):shh:

His team will sit in hoping to counter attack if possible. If it is level with ten minutes to go, he might push them forward and go for it.

I would expect no less. He shouldn’t even have to say that.

No doubt the mentally challengeds in the team will play harder than they ever have in their careers.

To be fair to him, this is the most ambitious I have ever seen St.Boo, avoiding relegation was never even that high in their agenda, they aim that low.
Mon the Teddy Bears.

He will end up making a good career out of management. His style of play is better than a lot of the shite we’ve been served up by opposition managers at Ibrox over the years.

Gerrard’s champions-elect will be hoping to move within a point of the title when Goodwin’s men head to Ibrox on Saturday – but the Paisley men are also just one win shy of confirming their place in the top six.

And the Saints boss said: “We’re the only team in Europe who has been able to beat Rangers this season. We’re very proud of that Betfred Cup result and it would make it even more special if we can go to Ibrox and get a win in the league.

“They’ve won every league game they’ve played at Ibrox this season so no-one has to tell us how difficult it will be.

“But we won’t be going there to sit on our own 18-yard line. We’re within touching distance of the top six now so we’re going there to have a go.”
It’s actually the world Jim!!

Smashing news that. They’ll have their arses skelped and sent back tae Paisley with their tails between their legs like everyone else.

Glasgow Rangers, Champions!

I wish more clubs in Scotland adopted that attitude. Watching the likes of Motherwell, Livingston, Kilmarnock, Aberdeen playing against us is just brutal.

Good. Open up against us so we can tear you up for arse paper B-D B-D B-D

1-FDA9-BB9-A10-C-407-E-A15-D-55-F0-EDBB67-D7.jpg

Boak! What even is it

I’ve been impressed with Goodwin. A young coach with modern views of how the game should be played.

Was also impressed with Davidson’s St Johnstone at Ibrox a few weeks back. When they got the ball they were actually decent at keeping a hold of it.

A higher standard of coaches can only be a good thing for our league.

Congrats to Jim and St Mirren for their shot on target today.

Look forward to reading his quotes in this week's papers about watching the party.

Hope it hurts.

Back