Jim Jeffries Returns To Hearts As An Advisor To Board Of Directors

So is this Craig Levein mkII? Jim’s business is football so the only thing he could advise on would be coaching and players, Neilson and big Jig will do the coaching so that leaves Jeffries to recommend players?

Heart of Midlothian is delighted to announce that Jim Jefferies has agreed to return to Hearts as an Advisor to the Board of Directors.
It is well known that we have been working on the recruitment of a full-time Sporting Director. However, given the time pressures and escalating costs of the ongoing challenge to our relegation, coupled with the re-opening of various parts of Tynecastle and Oriam, we have decided to put our recruitment process on hold for now. Such an important appointment deserves our full focus and uninterrupted attention, which, right now, is simply not possible. We thank all of those who have expressed an interest in the position and we look forward to picking up discussions when we revisit the process in a few months’ time.
Having said this, we do need support to ensure Robbie has all the time he needs to work and focus on his first team squad ahead of the start of the 2020/21 season. To provide that support, we have reached out to Jim.
Jim has agreed to join us for 6 months, on a part-time basis, to give Ann and the Board advice and guidance on a range of footballing matters. Jim will work closely with Ann during the transfer window, which has now opened, to help make the changes to the squad that Robbie feels are needed.
Jim has Hearts in his DNA. After making 310 appearances as a player between 1972 and 1981, he returned as manager in 1995 and lead Hearts both to cup finals and to Europe.
His crowning achievement was lifting the Scottish Cup in 1998, beating Rangers 2-1 in the final, ending a 42-year wait for cup glory.
He once again took over the managerial reins in 2010, leading us to a third place Premiership finish.
On behalf of everyone at Hearts , we are delighted to welcome Jim back to Tynecastle.

Jim Jeffries had moved into business before returning to football as a manager, don't know how much he knows about running a club but he's no fool, think he may have been influential at boardroom level in the early part of his career at the likes of Berwick.

To me he always came across as a snide moaning faced git. Can't stand him, his clubs fans or his fvckin accent!
Hope he's over his health issues btw

I'll never forget his interview after we beat them 5-1 in the Scottish Cup Final ..'I suppose Rangers deserved to win!' .

That’s twice in the last 6 months or so that hearts have tried to recruit a DOF and twice they have failed.

It’s certainly a crowd pleasing appointment but good luck to JJ if he’s over his health issues.

I don’t know why people don’t retire in that situation and enjoy what’s left of life. My dad suffered a cardiac arrest in 2012, was given little chance of survival but did - then went back to work soon after, a heavy lifting manual job. It’s only due to the good fortune (unusually) that his employer ended up going into administration and out of business that made him retire.

That’s twice in the last 6 months or so that hearts have tried to recruit a DOF and twice they have failed.

It’s certainly a crowd pleasing appointment but good luck to JJ if he’s over his health issues.

I don’t know why people don’t retire in that situation and enjoy what’s left of life. My dad suffered a cardiac arrest in 2012, was given little chance of survival but did - then went back to work soon after, a heavy lifting manual job. It’s only due to the good fortune (unusually) that his employer ended up going into administration and out of business that made him retire.

Hope your Dad is okay now, mate. If I was Jim’s age and Rangers needed my help, there’s no chance I’d be thinking about sitting in the house with my feet up “enjoying my retirement”. Jim Jefferies feels the same way about Hearts and Walter Smith felt it with us, they’d rather be helping the clubs they love than sitting at home twiddling their thumbs.

EDIT: Ignore the above, just re read your post and didn’t notice that you mentioned about them retiring due to health issues. Sorry for not reading it properly!

Hope your Dad is okay now, mate. If I was Jim’s age and Rangers needed my help, there’s no chance I’d be thinking about sitting in the house with my feet up “enjoying my retirement”. Jim Jefferies feels the same way about Hearts and Walter Smith felt it with us, they’d rather be helping the clubs they love than sitting at home twiddling their thumbs.

EDIT: Ignore the above, just re read your post and didn’t notice that you mentioned about them retiring due to health issues. Sorry for not reading it properly!

That’s fine mate but I can agree with what you say about the lure of the club.

My Dad is doing not too bad considering but has had a number of scares since 2012. His ICD activated last month because of something that happened so he has had to surrender his driving licence once again for 6 months. That’s the hardest thing for him. He’ll never be in the news due to causing an accident when not fit to drive.

Although when you consider that his heart stopped for 40 minutes and the paramedics gave him 11 shocks followed by 2 weeks on life support, then back on life support week 3, he’s done not bad :D

I feel for Hearts, not only do they huv Ann Budge running their club into the ground, they bring back Jim Jefferies!!! How did his last stint in Scotland go, wiz it wae Dunfermline?
Poor Hearts.

Back