Jim Jeffries seriously ill

Reading the headlines on JJ, just read also that Bobby Prentice has died. What a player. One for the older bears.
Is that right. Was in his company a few times late 70's. Had a mate played for Hertz. A few of us used to go up town after a hertz home game to meet the boys from Tranent for a wee refreshment. Sad to hear that. A bit mental was Bobby.

Remember a few yrs ago, I heard a whisper there was a good chance he was about to become the new Scotland manager so I duly stuck a tenner on him only for levein to get it. Best wishes to him

Reading the headlines on JJ, just read also that Bobby Prentice has died. What a player. One for the older bears.
Bobby (or Rab) Prentice looked like a superstar in the making, a real player but his career seemed to peter out without achieving his potential. Condolences to his family and get well soon JJ.

Sad news,hope he pulls through.A wee story when Jim was manager at Killie years ago.A team mate of mine Rashid Sarwar got the chance to sign for them.When it came to the form filling Jim said spell your place of birth out letter by letter.Rash duly obliged P-A-I S-L-E-Y that had the big man in stitches.
Like that one, hope Jim recovers

I hope he gets better. Always seemed , with Brown , to have an affection for the game.

On a personal note , he always reminds me of the time I bumped into him and two of his players , just outside Murrayfield, doing a perfect Hearts re-enactment of the British class sketch in That Was The Week That Was. So perfect I burst out laughing.

For those that don't know it , it was John Cleese as bowler hatted toff on the left of a trio. Ronnie Barker as the middle-class , felt hatted and raincoat clad , in the middle of course and Ronnie Corbett as the muffler wearing , cap wearing working class man.

"I look down on him because .."

His players. McPherson and Robertson of course.

heart attack while playing golf apparently
He was always a greeting faced whinger in his managerial career. Rarely gave the opposition praise when his team lost but in spite of this he always came across as one of the good guys of the game.
I believe he had a dry sense of humour.

He was certainly a far better manager in the Scottish game than most around today.

I hope he pulls through.

I'v a right good mate who's a Hibs man. After Hearts took 5 off them in the cup final he said thank phuck it wisnae Jeffries in charge or they would have taken 10 off us. Jim was a Hearts player when Hibs took 7 off them.

We actually signed Black on the strength of his performance against 10 man Hibs.

Good luck to you Jim.

Although JJ is a moany, dour whingin get, I profoundly wish that the man pulls through and gets well, unlike some others in this Scotia fitbaw backwater.

I'm sure I don't have to name names.

Although JJ is a moany, dour whingin get, I profoundly wish that the man pulls through and gets well, unlike some others in this Scotia fitbaw backwater.

I'm sure I don't have to name names.

He's everything you describe yet somewhat likeable in my opinion.

Maybe it's just a yearning for a bit of old skool Scottish fitba again on my part.

He built two good Hearts squads on both is stints there and as far as I'm aware has never had anything bad to say about our club.

Get well soon Jim.

Curmudgeon old bastard but proper old school not sure if it was all an act sadly something missing from football hope he recovers always said Golf was bad for you :))

Back