Jim McColl Coming Back To The Table?

Bluebluecee

The same McColl who said in 2012’I would love to help but all my money is tied to my businesses’
He’s not got a pot to piss in

JCDarcheville

No chance. Widely discredited and recently ousted from his own private equity fund. Not as personally wealthy as tabloids would make you think.

SimonLeBon

Don’t trust the guy , had a chance to invest in our darkest hour and pulled out , a no from me .
To be fair I would imagine quite a few super wealthy people would have seen a club our size as an attractive proposition, but probably backtracked when they found ou
Don’t trust the guy , had a chance to invest in our darkest hour and pulled out , a no from me .
I get your point but to be fair, quite a few super wealthy people saw us as a good business proposition but probably backtracked, when they found out just how much of a clusterfeck we actually were, these people dont become super wealthy by being idiots with their money.

sg9375

I was waiting for these stories to arrive now that Dave King has stepped down. The Rhags are already at it hinting at more rough time ahead for the club. Roll up Roll up the Daily kicking of Rangers has started yet again. I know our board has been silent on a lot of issues but they have enough savvy not to allow our club to slip back into trouble and wont allow control to be given to someone NOT with our best interests in mind. We have had every jackass scumbag through the Ibrox doors in the last 8 years and that will never and wont ever be allowed to happen again!! When fresh new investment does come it will be good and proper for the club not one person or a group. Just don’t worry about daily bullshit that will printed because Dave King has left his post. The vultures are still out and will always be out to get us! F.uck them WATP.

itsoorbilly

So, because he didn't invest when you think he should have ...he shouldn't be allowed now . Is that you logic ? Just let the club go bust rather than take investment from someone who didn't invest previously.? Some logic !
He is not a fan.
Like the Americans at Liverpool then ?

blueismycolour

He has the money, that's without question, but does he have the integrity to do best by Rangers Football Club, don't know.

Our club is a far better proposition for investors now, thanks to David King and the people he brought to our board, so hopefully the right kind of investment can be found. I wouldn't rule out Jim McColl, but we would have to watch out for his ulterior motive, that's for sure.

4ladsHAD

So, because he didn't invest when you think he should have ...he shouldn't be allowed now . Is that you logic ? Just let the club go bust rather than take investment from someone who didn't invest previously.? Some logic !

Who said we are going bust ? Where are you getting that from ?

TN8

Sorry if I'm missing something, but was he involved in getting rid of the spivs? Seems to be talking like it was him and Paul Murray.

S

scott-nisbet

McColl likes to be linked to these things mainly by linking himself but he's a non starter as he'll never put the club before himself.

Blu_ultra

He was the only guy who genuinely excited me in terms of investment. He had the means to put us on an even keel when we needed it most. He never really wanted to though. He didn't have the stomach for it. Fair enough, but stop banging on about it now. I would question his motives if he became involved at Rangers.

radiotab

No thanks where was he in 2012 ? Nowhere to be seen he can f..k right off and keep cosying up to “miss sturgeon “ As much a Rangers man as the other captain of industry Murray ........and we all know how that panned out ......wanker
I think your spot on, but I think the nats have tried to make him a bit of a scapegoat with Ferguson's, so perhaps he will rethink.

I doubt he will though, dont think he likes the hassle.

ifu01334

He won’t get involved, no chance. Interview on the whole was quite economical with truth and facts - made it sound like he helped oust the spivs when he in fact had no involvement with the 3 bears and Dave King.

I also find it amusing that he never corrects the view that he’s a billionaire. Very wealthy guy but never been close to a billionaire

EssexRangers

You're for the watching 'itsoorbilly'.

McColl should not even be allowed in the door at Ibrox, not even with a ticket.
A self serving, self publicising, ball-less nationalist.

The fact you think there is some sort of case for him now because he has money is very suspicious.
There are plenty of good guys now involved, plenty have individual wealth and contacts with far more, if required.

As has been stated already in the thread. Jim McColl always does what is best for Jim McColl.
He was, and would only be, interested in Rangers if he thought there was a lot of money to be made for Jim McColl.

Also, who exactly has stated we are due to 'go bust'? you been reading your favourite lunatic blogger by any chance.

Get McColl to F#ck....he is not welcome !

Last edited:

High Society

No one was ever going to get the chance to get hold of buying us. No business man staunch or not could put their money into buying a toxic club with a phantom debt hanging over us. That is even before the stitch up of Whyte...Duff & Phelps...Green.
He led a meeting with over 500 of us in the Grosvenor Hilton. He basically told us we were in safe hands now, his job was done and then walked away,

I wouldn’t let him anywhere near our club again