Jim McColl Coming Back To The Table?

Crispy Bacon

If Liverpools owners wanted to became involved, why would they need to involve Jim McColl ?
Possibly because you can’t have a certain amount of influence at 2 football clubs in the UK, i’m sure thats why fat mike couldn’t get an even bigger hold of us.

A1bertz

Fair play to him for making his money, but after attending the night he organised at the grosvener Hilton for a conference with the fans during some of the worst of our troubles, I was never convinced that he had the stomach for the fight that the likes of Dave King and Paul Murray had.
Infact I'm sure he made his excuses and left early on the night.
Would be happy to be proved wrong and see him invest big in Rangers but can't see it.
This for me so. Don't want him near us.

RaoulDuke11

Like Rangers are in a position to refuse someone like McColl !!!! What the hell has Sturgeon got to do with anything ? Rangers are a Scottish club , she's the FM....grow up.
If only life was so simple, eh?

Have you taken the time to look into the backgrounds of the MSP's in the First Minister's party?

The ones she surrounds herself with and allows to represent her Party?

If you have, you'll know that a significant number take Rangers-hating to ridiculous new levels.

Rangers are a bastion of Unionism in a country that Sturgeon and her ilk are desperately trying to divide.

As to why Sturgeon and her Nationalist agenda is relevant here - and by extrapolation, why people who support a Nationalist agenda running Rangers is also worthy of discussion - you do the math.

Edit - i've no idea as to McColl's politics, and I'm not suggesting he's a Yesser.

TheDeli

Not sure if he was meaning Liverpool owners assisting in applying the moneyball techniques & practices in place rather than them putting money into buying the club.

EH47

Nae, nae and thrice nae, for me.
His pockets may be full of cash but his head is full of wind and pish.
We've been congratulating ourselves about getting "Rangers men" back in control, so why drag him up again.
FFS, he couldn't even mention the importance of Rangers to Glasgow without obeying the well worn celebrity agenda of mentioning the bheasts in the same sentence.
He's just another, coulda, woulda, shoulda.
Rangers man my arse.

Queens_11

McColl is a Cu.nt, he puts nothing in whilst draining everything he can get, an asset stripper nothing else.
Correct he owned my company at one point and sources claim we were close to not getting wages several times due to the way the business was being run. We were also really bad for not paying suppliers on time either and we’re blacklisted several times. Guys an arse imo who we don’t want involved.

Scott

He says 'not that I'll ever do it' so pretty much confirms that he doesn't have the balls to do it anything anyway...

1972 bear

Not this shit again.

It's like I've woke up and instead of the clocks going forward they've went back to 2012.

He only ever used Rangers to boost his profile and no Nat should ever be welcome at the quintessential British club anyway.

jefftracy

Fair play to him for making his money, but after attending the night he organised at the grosvener Hilton for a conference with the fans during some of the worst of our troubles, I was never convinced that he had the stomach for the fight that the likes of Dave King and Paul Murray had.
Would be happy to be proved wrong and see him invest big in Rangers but can't see it.
Yep, that night seem like a lifetime ago in some ways.
We were trying to come to terms with our situation and didn't really have a clue about what was going on but my gut feel after hearing him was one of feeling unconvinced by him, which was a worry as he was seen as the Great White hope.

gerz1873

Putting teams together based on player statistics at very little cost.

Would never work in football. Slowtime games like Baseball, but not not fast paced sports
Not really sure that's right, Brentford have been relatively successful on a budget much lower than their league position suggests they should be. That's you put Liverpool fc success into the equation

dickadvocaat

After watching a clip of the interview it was quite clear he has no real affinity for the club, rather we had real Rangers men involved than him.

westenclosurebear

Strange that's he's so wealthy he could easily buy into Rangers and help us stop 9 in a row and their dominance, yet he doesn't.

Had a look with others in 2012 but left the scene quickly.

Robert Marshall

I have no idea if Jim Mccoll will ever get involved with Rangers.
But what I do know is that when we started Rangers First, a friend of mine organised a meeting for me to see Jim
I have to say, I was surprised how down to earth he was and obviously a Rangers fan.
He explained why he legally could not get involved at Rangers ( no idea if it was true but happy to take him at his word )
I asked him if he would donate the shares he had and he did it without any hesitation.
For the people saying he has no money, I wish I was as skint as him.
The Liverpool reference was quite interesting as it is well known Dave King has a big affinity with them.

android

Official Ticketer
Absolutely correct, he looked uncomfortable throughout the meeting, especially when Robert Marshall made a reference to Celtc and child abuse.

He was never really heard of since with regards helping us out.

i also remember that smug Coont, that works for Celtc now, waiting for Bears in the Foyer to interview for Sky.

Gallant_Few

Surely the club should be more of an interesting proposition for big investors now. Back in Europe and a squad full of saleable assets. It's not as tho its 2012 qmand buyers are being asked to come in and clear huge debts before they can even start thinking about improving the club.

We shall wait and see what happens in the near future but that comment about the Liverpool owners was interesting.

Blue Dunk

interesting, could certainly being doing with a large chunk of his cash being invested, not sure I would be too keen on him having anything to do with the running of the club though

Robert Marshall

Absolutely correct, he looked uncomfortable throughout the meeting, especially when Robert Marshall made a reference to Celtc and child abuse.

He was never really heard of since with regards helping us out.

i also remember that smug Coont, that works for Celtc now, waiting for Bears in the Foyer to interview for Sky.
Listen to the recording back, I never mentioned anything about Child abuse

watch

He seemed to suggest that he was involved in getting rid of the asset strippers - that’s not how I remember it (although will stand corrected).

There’s obviously not enough money in Scottish football to make it overly attractive to investors. However, long term and the potential for a European or Atlantic league could change that.

Last edited:

BillStruthsGreenhouse

I would doubt if Jim McColl is any friend of the SNP with the ongoing legal fights between him, the Scottish Government regarding the ferries at Ferguson Marine that he says he got shafted over.

DylanGer

Zero time for the guy...a lot of talk....others some of them relatively unknown with a lot less cash put a lot of cash into the club and continue to do so.

I have no idea why he had so much to say as he has inputted zero.

Last edited:

KGR98

The whole moneyball aspect is what our current board are already trying to do buy low and sell high