Jim McColl Coming Back To The Table?

Canny wait for people to somehow get raging at the fact he would like to implement Moneyball if he was to takeover...

Fair play to him for making his money, but after attending the night he organised at the grosvener Hilton for a conference with the fans during some of the worst of our troubles, I was never convinced that he had the stomach for the fight that the likes of Dave King and Paul Murray had.
Infact I'm sure he made his excuses and left early on the night.
Would be happy to be proved wrong and see him invest big in Rangers but can't see it.

No thanks where was he in 2012 ? Nowhere to be seen he can f..k right off and keep cosying up to “miss sturgeon “ As much a Rangers man as the other captain of industry Murray ........and we all know how that panned out ......wanker
No one was ever going to get the chance to get hold of buying us. No business man staunch or not could put their money into buying a toxic club with a phantom debt hanging over us. That is even before the stitch up of Whyte...Duff & Phelps...Green.

Don't really think that there is enough money available in the Scottish game for outside investors to be interested (asset strippers excepted). So for that reason I'd be sceptical of any bids made to control the club.

He was all talk back when we needed good Rangers men to step up so my money is on more of the same from him. He's just looking for some positive PR and thinks we're it.
I will however quickly forget everything I've just said if he pumps his £millions into the club.

No thanks where was he in 2012 ? Nowhere to be seen he can f..k right off and keep cosying up to “miss sturgeon “ As much a Rangers man as the other captain of industry Murray ........and we all know how that panned out ......wanker
Like Rangers are in a position to refuse someone like McColl !!!! What the hell has Sturgeon got to do with anything ? Rangers are a Scottish club , she's the FM....grow up.

Forgive my ignorance, but what’s this moneyball concept he’s talking about?

Putting teams together based on player statistics at very little cost.

Would never work in football. Slowtime games like Baseball, but not not fast paced sports

When was it recorded? Theres no investor coming to us whilst this global recession is about to really hit. That's why I'm so concerned we aren't following Hearts moves to try and stem the blood loss of cash from our club. Football clubs are not going to be unique in seeing the value of their main assets depreciate, every single business and home is going to see devaluation. Theres not going to be any record transfers in the next few windows. All players are now devalued but their contracts aren't.
Just my tuppence.

I know someone who was very senior in his organisation until recently. He has no interest in getting involved in rangers. This is a total non starter
Well that makes two of us. No chance wee Jimbo is getting involved. Not that I’d want him anywhere near our club!!

The same McColl who said in 2012’I would love to help but all my money is tied to my businesses’
He’s not got a pot to piss in

No chance. Widely discredited and recently ousted from his own private equity fund. Not as personally wealthy as tabloids would make you think.

Don’t trust the guy , had a chance to invest in our darkest hour and pulled out , a no from me .
To be fair I would imagine quite a few super wealthy people would have seen a club our size as an attractive proposition, but probably backtracked when they found ou
Don’t trust the guy , had a chance to invest in our darkest hour and pulled out , a no from me .
I get your point but to be fair, quite a few super wealthy people saw us as a good business proposition but probably backtracked, when they found out just how much of a clusterfeck we actually were, these people dont become super wealthy by being idiots with their money.

I was waiting for these stories to arrive now that Dave King has stepped down. The Rhags are already at it hinting at more rough time ahead for the club. Roll up Roll up the Daily kicking of Rangers has started yet again. I know our board has been silent on a lot of issues but they have enough savvy not to allow our club to slip back into trouble and wont allow control to be given to someone NOT with our best interests in mind. We have had every jackass scumbag through the Ibrox doors in the last 8 years and that will never and wont ever be allowed to happen again!! When fresh new investment does come it will be good and proper for the club not one person or a group. Just don’t worry about daily bullshit that will printed because Dave King has left his post. The vultures are still out and will always be out to get us! F.uck them WATP.

Latest posts

Back