Jim McColl Coming Back To The Table?

Don’t trust the guy , had a chance to invest in our darkest hour and pulled out , a no from me .
So, because he didn't invest when you think he should have ...he shouldn't be allowed now . Is that you logic ? Just let the club go bust rather than take investment from someone who didn't invest previously.? Some logic !
He is not a fan.
Like the Americans at Liverpool then ?

He has the money, that's without question, but does he have the integrity to do best by Rangers Football Club, don't know.

Our club is a far better proposition for investors now, thanks to David King and the people he brought to our board, so hopefully the right kind of investment can be found. I wouldn't rule out Jim McColl, but we would have to watch out for his ulterior motive, that's for sure.

So, because he didn't invest when you think he should have ...he shouldn't be allowed now . Is that you logic ? Just let the club go bust rather than take investment from someone who didn't invest previously.? Some logic !

Who said we are going bust ? Where are you getting that from ?

Sorry if I'm missing something, but was he involved in getting rid of the spivs? Seems to be talking like it was him and Paul Murray.

McColl likes to be linked to these things mainly by linking himself but he's a non starter as he'll never put the club before himself.

He was the only guy who genuinely excited me in terms of investment. He had the means to put us on an even keel when we needed it most. He never really wanted to though. He didn't have the stomach for it. Fair enough, but stop banging on about it now. I would question his motives if he became involved at Rangers.

Sounded to me like he was looking at it to make money if he was to invest , if he's looking to make money from a football club he's in the wrong league

No thanks where was he in 2012 ? Nowhere to be seen he can f..k right off and keep cosying up to “miss sturgeon “ As much a Rangers man as the other captain of industry Murray ........and we all know how that panned out ......wanker
I think your spot on, but I think the nats have tried to make him a bit of a scapegoat with Ferguson's, so perhaps he will rethink.

I doubt he will though, dont think he likes the hassle.

He won’t get involved, no chance. Interview on the whole was quite economical with truth and facts - made it sound like he helped oust the spivs when he in fact had no involvement with the 3 bears and Dave King.

I also find it amusing that he never corrects the view that he’s a billionaire. Very wealthy guy but never been close to a billionaire

You're for the watching 'itsoorbilly'.

McColl should not even be allowed in the door at Ibrox, not even with a ticket.
A self serving, self publicising, ball-less nationalist.

The fact you think there is some sort of case for him now because he has money is very suspicious.
There are plenty of good guys now involved, plenty have individual wealth and contacts with far more, if required.

As has been stated already in the thread. Jim McColl always does what is best for Jim McColl.
He was, and would only be, interested in Rangers if he thought there was a lot of money to be made for Jim McColl.

Also, who exactly has stated we are due to 'go bust'? you been reading your favourite lunatic blogger by any chance.

Get McColl to F#ck....he is not welcome !

Last edited:
No one was ever going to get the chance to get hold of buying us. No business man staunch or not could put their money into buying a toxic club with a phantom debt hanging over us. That is even before the stitch up of Whyte...Duff & Phelps...Green.
He led a meeting with over 500 of us in the Grosvenor Hilton. He basically told us we were in safe hands now, his job was done and then walked away,

I wouldn’t let him anywhere near our club again

If Liverpools owners wanted to became involved, why would they need to involve Jim McColl ?
Possibly because you can’t have a certain amount of influence at 2 football clubs in the UK, i’m sure thats why fat mike couldn’t get an even bigger hold of us.

Fair play to him for making his money, but after attending the night he organised at the grosvener Hilton for a conference with the fans during some of the worst of our troubles, I was never convinced that he had the stomach for the fight that the likes of Dave King and Paul Murray had.
Infact I'm sure he made his excuses and left early on the night.
Would be happy to be proved wrong and see him invest big in Rangers but can't see it.
This for me so. Don't want him near us.

Like Rangers are in a position to refuse someone like McColl !!!! What the hell has Sturgeon got to do with anything ? Rangers are a Scottish club , she's the FM....grow up.

If only life was so simple, eh?

Have you taken the time to look into the backgrounds of the MSP's in the First Minister's party?

The ones she surrounds herself with and allows to represent her Party?

If you have, you'll know that a significant number take Rangers-hating to ridiculous new levels.

Rangers are a bastion of Unionism in a country that Sturgeon and her ilk are desperately trying to divide.

As to why Sturgeon and her Nationalist agenda is relevant here - and by extrapolation, why people who support a Nationalist agenda running Rangers is also worthy of discussion - you do the math.

Edit - i've no idea as to McColl's politics, and I'm not suggesting he's a Yesser.

Not sure if he was meaning Liverpool owners assisting in applying the moneyball techniques & practices in place rather than them putting money into buying the club.

Nae, nae and thrice nae, for me.
His pockets may be full of cash but his head is full of wind and pish.
We've been congratulating ourselves about getting "Rangers men" back in control, so why drag him up again.
FFS, he couldn't even mention the importance of Rangers to Glasgow without obeying the well worn celebrity agenda of mentioning the bheasts in the same sentence.
He's just another, coulda, woulda, shoulda.
Rangers man my arse.

McColl is a Cu.nt, he puts nothing in whilst draining everything he can get, an asset stripper nothing else.
Correct he owned my company at one point and sources claim we were close to not getting wages several times due to the way the business was being run. We were also really bad for not paying suppliers on time either and we’re blacklisted several times. Guys an arse imo who we don’t want involved.

He says 'not that I'll ever do it' so pretty much confirms that he doesn't have the balls to do it anything anyway...

Not this shit again.

It's like I've woke up and instead of the clocks going forward they've went back to 2012.

He only ever used Rangers to boost his profile and no Nat should ever be welcome at the quintessential British club anyway.

Fair play to him for making his money, but after attending the night he organised at the grosvener Hilton for a conference with the fans during some of the worst of our troubles, I was never convinced that he had the stomach for the fight that the likes of Dave King and Paul Murray had.
Infact I'm sure he made his excuses and left early on the night.
Would be happy to be proved wrong and see him invest big in Rangers but can't see it.
Yep, that night seem like a lifetime ago in some ways.
We were trying to come to terms with our situation and didn't really have a clue about what was going on but my gut feel after hearing him was one of feeling unconvinced by him, which was a worry as he was seen as the Great White hope.

Putting teams together based on player statistics at very little cost.

Would never work in football. Slowtime games like Baseball, but not not fast paced sports

Not really sure that's right, Brentford have been relatively successful on a budget much lower than their league position suggests they should be. That's you put Liverpool fc success into the equation

After watching a clip of the interview it was quite clear he has no real affinity for the club, rather we had real Rangers men involved than him.

Back