Jim McColl Coming Back To The Table?

Strange that's he's so wealthy he could easily buy into Rangers and help us stop 9 in a row and their dominance, yet he doesn't.

Had a look with others in 2012 but left the scene quickly.

I have no idea if Jim Mccoll will ever get involved with Rangers.
But what I do know is that when we started Rangers First, a friend of mine organised a meeting for me to see Jim
I have to say, I was surprised how down to earth he was and obviously a Rangers fan.
He explained why he legally could not get involved at Rangers ( no idea if it was true but happy to take him at his word )
I asked him if he would donate the shares he had and he did it without any hesitation.
For the people saying he has no money, I wish I was as skint as him.
The Liverpool reference was quite interesting as it is well known Dave King has a big affinity with them.

Fair play to him for making his money, but after attending the night he organised at the grosvener Hilton for a conference with the fans during some of the worst of our troubles, I was never convinced that he had the stomach for the fight that the likes of Dave King and Paul Murray had.
Infact I'm sure he made his excuses and left early on the night.
Would be happy to be proved wrong and see him invest big in Rangers but can't see it.

Absolutely correct, he looked uncomfortable throughout the meeting, especially when Robert Marshall made a reference to Celtc and child abuse.

He was never really heard of since with regards helping us out.

i also remember that smug Coont, that works for Celtc now, waiting for Bears in the Foyer to interview for Sky.

Surely the club should be more of an interesting proposition for big investors now. Back in Europe and a squad full of saleable assets. It's not as tho its 2012 qmand buyers are being asked to come in and clear huge debts before they can even start thinking about improving the club.

We shall wait and see what happens in the near future but that comment about the Liverpool owners was interesting.

interesting, could certainly being doing with a large chunk of his cash being invested, not sure I would be too keen on him having anything to do with the running of the club though

Absolutely correct, he looked uncomfortable throughout the meeting, especially when Robert Marshall made a reference to Celtc and child abuse.

He was never really heard of since with regards helping us out.

i also remember that smug Coont, that works for Celtc now, waiting for Bears in the Foyer to interview for Sky.
Listen to the recording back, I never mentioned anything about Child abuse

He seemed to suggest that he was involved in getting rid of the asset strippers - that’s not how I remember it (although will stand corrected).

There’s obviously not enough money in Scottish football to make it overly attractive to investors. However, long term and the potential for a European or Atlantic league could change that.

Last edited:
I would doubt if Jim McColl is any friend of the SNP with the ongoing legal fights between him, the Scottish Government regarding the ferries at Ferguson Marine that he says he got shafted over.

Zero time for the guy...a lot of talk....others some of them relatively unknown with a lot less cash put a lot of cash into the club and continue to do so.

I have no idea why he had so much to say as he has inputted zero.

Last edited:
The whole moneyball aspect is what our current board are already trying to do buy low and sell high

NEWS
IN YOUR AREA
WHAT'S ON
LIVERPOOL FC
EVERTON FC
CELEBS
SPORT
ESSENTIAL LIVERPOOL
SPECIAL FEATURES
Update Cookie SettingsSPORT
Millionaire claims Liverpool owners FSG made 'recent' Rangers approach
Scottish multi-millionaire claims Jim McColl claims FSG have approached him about investing in Rangers

BY THEO SQUIRES
13:30, 29 MAR 2020
Liverpool owner John W Henry at Anfield
Liverpool owner John W Henry at Anfield
Liverpool have inevitably formed close ties with Rangers since Reds legend Steven Gerrard took over as ‘Gers manager in June 2018.

However, recent claims suggest the two clubs could have grown ever more closely-aligned with Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group supposedly interested in investing in the Scottish giants.

That’s according to Scottish multi-millionaire Jim McColl.

The businessmen is one of Scotland’s richest men with an estimated personal fortune of £1.1 billion, and was part of a consortium which tried to buy the Ibrox club from liquidators BDO back in 2012, while he was donated 10,000 shares to supporters group Rangers First in 2015 in a bid to remove the former hierarchy.

RELATED ARTICLES

Philippe Coutinho 'meeting', Sadio Mane 'boost' and other Liverpool transfer rumours rated

Jurgen Klopp tipped to quit Liverpool but fans have nothing to worry about
And in an interview with author and entrepreneur Rob Moore, quoted by the Glasgow Times, McColl has claimed FSG recently contacted him to see if he’d be interested in teaming up, taking over Rangers and using Moneyball techniques to resurrect their fortunes with John W. Henry said to be fascinated by the method.

“At no time in my mind was I going to buy it,” he said. “Although, I might think differently now because I was learning about this technique that was used in Moneyball.

"That is what’s happening in Liverpool. It is the same technique they’re using. You see them 22 points ahead of everybody else (Now 25 points) using this technique. So that’s a thought.

Must-Read Liverpool FC News

PL statement on 'difficult decisions'

LFC claims could backfire for Keys & co

Some PL clubs 'want season cancelled'

Mourinho proven right about Liverpool

Live Saturday 3pms may be televised
Salah could miss months of next season
Man Utd 'fully support' PL continuation
Klopp's tears after seeing NHS footage
“In fact, we were approached recently to see if we were interested in looking at it again. The people who have invested in Liverpool would be interested in looking at it with us and applying the same techniques.

“Not that I’ll ever do it, but it’s nice to think about them being 22 points ahead of Celtic.”

Follow @LivEchonews

MORE ON
Liverpool FCFSGJohn Henry

NEWS
WHAT'S ON
SPORT
IN YOUR AREA
LIVERPOOL FC
EVERTON FC
CELEBS
BUSINESS
FOLLOW US
© 2020 a Reach plc subsidiary

He is a mhank of the highest order, anyone who knows his background knows that, it would be like having Whyte in charge again. McColl would asset strip us to the bone

Liverpool owners getting involved would be interesting... But probably just load of crap.
If the Liverpool owners are interested they might be in contact with Souness who at least knows Rangers and Scottish football and has previous experience with our club. But I would forget McColl at present, too close to FM even though they fell oot over the ferry deal.
However, when the markets go in into a nosedive, is the key time for investors to buy.

Was talk of Chelsea buying a Scottish club a few weeks back to get round new rules on signing young players. Wouldn’t surprise me if a few English clubs were looking to invest in Scottish sides going forward for this very reason.

Rangers and Liverpool probably have a good relationship at boardroom level right now with negotiations over transfers and loans recently etc.

Can’t see anything happening soon but maybe on the future.

Fair play to him for making his money, but after attending the night he organised at the grosvener Hilton for a conference with the fans during some of the worst of our troubles, I was never convinced that he had the stomach for the fight that the likes of Dave King and Paul Murray had.
Would be happy to be proved wrong and see him invest big in Rangers but can't see it.

I was there that night, from memory he never left early but laid it out fairly early on that he couldn’t get involved which was a major disappointment

It’s a shit rag that’s not even based in Liverpool l

Liverpool Echo
The Liverpool Echo is a newspaper published by Trinity Mirror North West & North Wales – a subsidiary company of Reach plc and is based in St Paul's Square, Liverpool, Merseyside, England. It is published Monday to Sunday,

They have lifted the story from here on another thread.

I'm sure McCall says in thre video he wasn't going yo do anything with the approach from them.

Back