Jim McColl Coming Back To The Table?

The quotes make it clear he doesn't want to invest into or buy the club. He was involved getting the spivs out but that was the extent of his involvement and he donated his shares, not that it's to be sniffed at.

It's almost the opposite. Buy old that's still able to contribute others have disregarded.
I’d imagine the way we’d do moneyball would be a bit different as we will go down the younger root (like Brentford) but money ball in that form is still completely different from buy low sell high

They are merely reporting what was said in an interview that is on here in another thread.
McColl mentions it as a bit of a throwaway remark.
Having said that he would not have made that comment publicly if it was not correct as FSG could potentially take action against him.
Will be interesting to see if anything develops when all this is over.

In the interview The OP posts at about 1:05:15 McColl says that “people from outside Scotland don’t understand how important both Rangers and C**tic are in Glasgow“

In today’s Rhecord / Sunday Mhail online covering this story, that sad wee rhat of a journalist Gabriel McKay is quoting him on this interview but changes Jim’s words round so that he writes C**tic then Rangers in his story. Imaging changing Jim’s actual quote which we can all see in the video to have their name before ours just to show his allegiance. They think these things go unnoticed but they don’t and it just proves 100% that place is riddled from top to bottom with them (which of course we already knew)

Liverpool Echo
The Liverpool Echo is a newspaper published by Trinity Mirror North West & North Wales – a subsidiary company of Reach plc and is based in St Paul's Square, Liverpool, Merseyside, England. It is published Monday to Sunday,
Sorry mate you are probably right here? But I: was led to believe it’s printed elsewhere.
My confusion.

Fair play to him for making his money, but after attending the night he organised at the grosvener Hilton for a conference with the fans during some of the worst of our troubles, I was never convinced that he had the stomach for the fight that the likes of Dave King and Paul Murray had.
Infact I'm sure he made his excuses and left early on the night.
Would be happy to be proved wrong and see him invest big in Rangers but can't see it.

Is that the night Craig Houston called for fans to unite and the early formation of Sons of Struth, of which I was there and can’t remember him being there?

I have no idea if Jim Mccoll will ever get involved with Rangers.
But what I do know is that when we started Rangers First, a friend of mine organised a meeting for me to see Jim
I have to say, I was surprised how down to earth he was and obviously a Rangers fan.
He explained why he legally could not get involved at Rangers ( no idea if it was true but happy to take him at his word )
I asked him if he would donate the shares he had and he did it without any hesitation.
For the people saying he has no money, I wish I was as skint as him.
The Liverpool reference was quite interesting as it is well known Dave King has a big affinity with them.
Not ITK, but was told c 2013 he'd made a personal & business commitment to a project backer regarding his own time & number of ventures.

Not ITK, but was told c 2013 he'd made a personal & business commitment to a project backer regarding his own time & number of business interests.
He actually explained why he couldn't do it but I would not go into details on a public forum, As I said quite happy to donate the shares, IIRC was 3000 shares

Is that the night Craig Houston called for fans to unite and the early formation of Sons of Struth, of which I was there and can’t remember him being there?
I don't think so, Craig had already started SOS, it was Simon Leslie that organised
that particular night

I can't believe this has went to 5 pages without anyone picking up that he basically tried to take credit in that interview for "getting them out"

Was he in the background helping the three bears or is he so detached he doesn't realise that it wasn't until a later egm that they were removed?

I can't believe this has went to 5 pages without anyone picking up that he basically tried to take credit in that interview for "getting them out"

Was he in the background helping the three bears or is he so detached he doesn't realise that it wasn't until a later egm that they were removed?
The only way we got shot of the old regime is by having more shares than them at the AGM. So the big thanks go to DK, DP, GT, GL , JB, RST, RF and the rest of the fans that voted them out

Fair play to him for making his money, but after attending the night he organised at the grosvener Hilton for a conference with the fans during some of the worst of our troubles, I was never convinced that he had the stomach for the fight that the likes of Dave King and Paul Murray had.
Infact I'm sure he made his excuses and left early on the night.
Would be happy to be proved wrong and see him invest big in Rangers but can't see it.
I organised that meeting, 20 minutes before it started someone called and threatened him. He came in the big room a different guy and the speech he done was not the speach he had written

Bluenose or not, this guy is a crafty bastard. Ask the workers at Clyde Blowers, Weir Pumps and add Ferguson to it now. An SNP business advisor. GTF. Better off with Del and Rodney.

I organised that meeting, 20 minutes before it started someone called and threatened him. He came in the big room a different guy and the speech he done was not the speach he had written
I remember hearing that at the time. He got threatened and decided to take a back seat.

The spivs a right shady bunch. Dirt was found on a few of them and threats were issued by serious heavies that if the info got out there would be the most serious consequences.

At least so I heard so the threat above also makes sense.
Asian Manchester gangs by chance?

The spivs a right shady bunch. Dirt was found on a few of them and threats were issued by serious heavies that if the info got out there would be the most serious consequences.

At least so I heard so the threat above also makes sense.
Anyone who is going to damage you in any way will try it, anyone that threatens you is full of shite. I have had 25 years of it

Putting teams together based on player statistics at very little cost.

Would never work in football. Slowtime games like Baseball, but not not fast paced sports

You couldn't be more wrong.

Read up on the impact a guy called Ian Graham has had in Liverpool's recent rise.

I still can't quite make my mind up about McColl.
His previous intentions to invest in Rangers that came to nothing (although listening to what he said perhaps he probably had good reason)
The fact that he's a Nat puts me off (even though he's now taking them to court).
It seems obvious that he's Rangers minded and he's obviously minted and extremely well connected but although I'd obviously welcome a huge cash injection into the club, my spidey senses are tingling and that's never a good sign!

Back