Jim McColl rumour from Rangers supporter on Clyde SSB

You wouldn’t rule out people who could have helped yet stood by and watched as every mans and his dog stepped up and kicked us and robbed us while we were down. %^*& Jim McColl, %^*& him 1000 times in fact.

In what way are you imagining he could have helped? Going into a meeting with Whyte and saying here's the £200 million to cover the tax case, rebuild the club and get rid of you? As has been pointed out, Whyte driving us into administration then seemed to be linked to a pre-planned takeover by another group - even at the detriment of more suitable options elsewhere. I don't know (or even think) McColl had that much of an interest but I'm fairly certain that even if he did, he'd have been unable to prevent what was going to happen without being added to the con and another victim of it.

In what way are you imagining he could have helped? Going into a meeting with Whyte and saying here's the £200 million to cover the tax case, rebuild the club and get rid of you? As has been pointed out, Whyte driving us into administration then seemed to be linked to a pre-planned takeover by another group - even at the detriment of more suitable options elsewhere. I don't know (or even think) McColl had that much of an interest but I'm fairly certain that even if he did, he'd have been unable to prevent what was going to happen without being added to the con.

The least I would have expected was some effort to assist in any we he could.

Realistically, what do folk expect from JM? He didn't get his wealth for being a mug. He is a ruthless and smart businessman who will do extreme due diligence on any investment he looks to pursue. He will also look for serious returns given the high risk of investing in football, something he will never get.

In 2012, who in their right mind with any sense would have ploughed money into us? JM is not going to just swan in and pump money into us to eradicate the mis-management of SDM and that wee wanker Whyte. Then you have that muppet CG coming in, giving interviews on his death bed FFS.

It's easy to sit on here and say "aye but he never pumped his money in when he could afford it". Would you be so quick to invest in us in 2012? Being a rich fan does not automatically equate to being obliged to invest vast sums.

I'd like to hear my wife if I said to her I planned to invest £50m in us :D .

I wish the real world was as simple as it is made out at times.
Tell your wife we’ll settle for £30m then buy her some new shoes it will be fine.

The least I would have expected was some effort to assist in any we he could.

It's from the BBC so I appreciate it won't be a popular link but in the below Smith's consortium is said to have made a better offer with McColl named as a backer. It wouldn't have mattered if we had Bill Gates as a backer, they were hell bent on continuing with the asset stripping they had started. McColl is quoted in the article and Walter's statement directly names him as being involved.

If Jim McColl invested £50M tomorrow he would be the best thing since sliced bread, I personally don't believe he will but I do think he was prepared for that in 2012 however took a back seat purely because of the corruption and underworld goings on during that period, to this day I still firmly believe we were the victims of a major criminal act by a well organised syndicate. Anyone who tried legally were blocked IMO.

Incredible there’s bears who still listen to this mentally challenged piss taking garbage! Supershitboard hasn’t been worth tuning into since about 1996!

Love posts like if I had £100M I'd plough half of it into Rangers. That's because you've not got it and haven't worked hard to get it.

And if you were paying any attention to the administration/liquidation then you'd know it was unlikely you'd see a single penny of that go towards Rangers and not towards a bunch of chancers and criminals.

So why is he sided with the SNP they can't run a bath

Not being able to run things and purposefully running them badly for your own gain are two separate things. Not that the entirety of the SNP will be malicious, but corruption and cronyism are rife in every single aspect of business including governmental duties and the awarding of contracts/salaries.

Back