Jim McColl rumour from Rangers supporter on Clyde SSB

Just repeating a rumour he’d heard no doubt and probably little truth in it. The business world has also changed recently so any deals waiting in the wings might just be off now

This will be Jim McColl who approached the Rangers Supporters Trust through a middle man and suggested that he'd be willing to be part of a fan investment/buy out, only to shite himself and completely back out. That Jim McColl? He has absolutely no interest in investing in Rangers.
I agree. If he is investing it won't be with his money. He'll be fronting for another person or group. Shares would have to bought from existing shareholders, or the board could issue new shares for his group to buy.

If you listen to that celtic propaganda machine you deserve all the lies, inuendos and timmy cheerleading. Stunning that bears??? still listen to it.

Jim McColl would bring a lot of business experience to Rangers, but quite frankly I don't think he has the bottle to do so. He turned and ran away before, so can't see him get involved now.

He could have invested in Rangers a hundred different times over, and bought the club lock, stock and barrel for a quid.

He wasn't interested then and he isn't interested now.
And from a purely financial point of view why do it now during the biggest crisis ever to hit football domestically and worldwide?
The philanthropic investment in Rangers would have come in 2012 if he gave a toss about "his team".

And from a purely financial point of view why do it now during the biggest crisis ever to hit football domestically and worldwide?
The philanthropic investment in Rangers would have come in 2012 if he gave a toss about "his team".
Yet he keeps getting free publicity for hinting he might be interested. If he was a true Bear he would have put the money where his mouth is long ago. He wasn’t there when we needed him. Why would anyone believe he’s going to be there for us now?

I wouldn't blame anyone from running a mile away from investing in Rangers under Murray or during the asset grab and con after it. I don't imagine he has any real interest, but I wouldn't rule people out for not getting involved then.
He’s obviously a good businessman and when you see how we’ve been tied up since 2012, I understand why a good businessman Wouldn’t want dragged through it. It’s a different thing from being a good Rangers fan though.

I wouldn't blame anyone from running a mile away from investing in Rangers under Murray or during the asset grab and con after it. I don't imagine he has any real interest, but I wouldn't rule people out for not getting involved then.
Maybe if he’d wanted to invest back then, and did, he’d have been able to save us from Green and the spiv.
To me, he didn’t want to, enough.

If McColl had wanted to do something good for Rangers he'd have done so in 2012, when we needed help most. It showed his "love" for the club wasn't the same as the rest of us, as we feared for the future and contributed what we could to the fans fighting fund.

And today, I'd definitely not want anyone near the club who supports the breakup of our country.

Back