Jim McColl rumour from Rangers supporter on Clyde SSB

There's only two things in the world worse than listening to Radio Cattolica
1. Phoning then. 2. Believing the halfwits that phone in.

Next

3. Telling people who've made the sensible decision to avoid them what they've said online.

And for the pedantic types, it's different scrolling by than going into a thread. I still had to see this either way.

Was that not the same experience that Kennedy (from memory) had as well? Basically it was a stitch up at that point and it wouldn't have mattered who came in with what.

From memory that is what I recall.

It was a stitch up and Green was always going to get control after Whyte.

The whole things utterly stinks and still makes my blood boil and it just so happened the main players in a Rangers stitch up just happen to have the surnames Green and Whyte.

There was no chance of anyone else getting control at that point.

There is no chance this is true. McColl has serious business issues at the moment and is nowhere near as independently wealthy as suggested in the press.

Can't get why posters give JM a hard time, he put in a lot of time and energy trying to get things off the ground when we were in turmoil but was always upfront about not being able to take over the reins at Ibrox due to his huge business commitments.

Jim McColl is the type of businessman (successful might I add) that if he puts £1 into a business, he wants £10 back

That said, a part of me would love it (Kevin Keegan style) if he ploughed all of the money into Rangers that he ripped off from the amateur Scottish Government

If you're the kind of switched on Rangers fan that phones the Radio Clyde football phone-in, then i'd hazard the guess that you're unlikely to be the kind of switched on, in the know supporter who will be close to news about new investment.

I don't mean to be judgemental but it's a particular kind of person that phones into these shows.

Fan my arse. You can sense his distaste for our values and culture. He is Murray no.2. Any good for the club will be coincidental , his pocket comes first or he would have invested before.
Now we are sold out, great young team, great manager..he can feck off.

Jim McFu.ckColl more like

Guy is worth a fortune and could easily invest £20m plus easily like Dave King did in 1990’s and subsequently done again when he got rid of the Spivs with the 3Bears

If this guy wanted to invest he could but clearly taking his money to the grave is more important to him

If I had money like he has I’d 100% commit £20m minimum in the blink of an eye

Pity I don’t have the funds to do so as he won’t invest

Reactions: WBD
Firstly an RC caller rumour should never be something to get excited about. Secondly whatever might be true or not about McColl, we are not so awash with funding that we should hypothetically knock back listening to the guy. People have different views at different times in life. You needn’t like him to like his money. Any deal would be done with eyes open and the current board would never get into an Ashley situation. To re-emphasise though, it’s a RC caller rumour FFS!

Can't get why posters give JM a hard time, he put in a lot of time and energy trying to get things off the ground when we were in turmoil but was always upfront about not being able to take over the reins at Ibrox due to his huge business commitments.

And yet he took over and ploughed money into an ailing shipyard for SNP kudos

Jim McColl may like Rangers but I'd doubt he's a fan. He's a businessman before anything and that is the truth of the matter.
If he does put money in then it'll be for a return. Can we please stop hanging onto this dream that some sugar daddy is going to spend all his hard earned money on us? It's not going to happen.

The more wealthy backers we have who have a love for the club the better as far as I am concerned, bowever McColl has made it abundantly clear he has no wish to invest in football, although it would be a lovely feck you to nippy after their spat.

Big Jim doesn't appear to be the most popular of figures here on Follow Follow. :))

A man of his wealth and business acumen is it exactly what we need right now.

A business acumen that oversaw painted-on windaes on rusting, unfinished ships. Lol

My recollection of him from the dark days,he advised fan reps inc Suck,on how to go about getting their hands on the club post admin,he clearly stated he couldn’t get financially involved,he responded to McCoists plea When the 5 way agreement was presented,and with Walter bid 1/2 m more than Green,too late he was told,he later presented Rangers First with £1000 worth of shares.
Nothing more to add.

As long as it’s safe from the clubs view then we should take any investment from business men to help us win the league. As long as it is safe

McColl loves being linked with doing it but isn’t so keen at opening his wallet.

if it was going to happen it would have already.

He said that he’s fairly sure (along those lines) that McColl is involved in a plan for investment in the club.

Wishful thinking or any substance to this rumour?
a nationalist .......

no thanks , be like having a rich Irish republican at the helm

Realistically, what do folk expect from JM? He didn't get his wealth for being a mug. He is a ruthless and smart businessman who will do extreme due diligence on any investment he looks to pursue. He will also look for serious returns given the high risk of investing in football, something he will never get.

In 2012, who in their right mind with any sense would have ploughed money into us? JM is not going to just swan in and pump money into us to eradicate the mis-management of SDM and that wee wanker Whyte. Then you have that muppet CG coming in, giving interviews on his death bed FFS.

It's easy to sit on here and say "aye but he never pumped his money in when he could afford it". Would you be so quick to invest in us in 2012? Being a rich fan does not automatically equate to being obliged to invest vast sums.

I'd like to hear my wife if I said to her I planned to invest £50m in us :D .

I wish the real world was as simple as it is made out at times.

I wouldn't blame anyone from running a mile away from investing in Rangers under Murray or during the asset grab and con after it. I don't imagine he has any real interest, but I wouldn't rule people out for not getting involved then.

You wouldn’t rule out people who could have helped yet stood by and watched as every mans and his dog stepped up and kicked us and robbed us while we were down. %^*& Jim McColl, %^*& him 1000 times in fact.

Realistically, what do folk expect from JM? He didn't get his wealth for being a mug. He is a ruthless and smart businessman who will do extreme due diligence on any investment he looks to pursue. He will also look for serious returns given the high risk of investing in football, something he will never get.

In 2012, who in their right mind with any sense would have ploughed money into us? JM is not going to just swan in and pump money into us to eradicate the mis-management of SDM and that wee wanker Whyte. Then you have that muppet CG coming in, giving interviews on his death bed FFS.

It's easy to sit on here and say "aye but he never pumped his money in when he could afford it". Would you be so quick to invest in us in 2012? Being a rich fan does not automatically equate to being obliged to invest vast sums.

I'd like to hear my wife if I said to her I planned to invest £50m in us :D .

I wish the real world was as simple as it is made out at times.

people looked to him as a fan rather than an investor, is Dave King a fan or an investor?

Back