Jim mcintyre talking about kamara

Anybody who watches our games will know that Kamara in both games last season at Ibrox and against us in the 1-1 draw at Dens this season was an absolute stand out. He puts himself about more than Coulibaly to win balls, he is as difficult as Ejaria was to get the ball off.. difference is he has vision and can make a pass, you can clearly see the typical Wenger Arsenal Academy quality in him. He is a fine piece of business for free.

Nobody in the Dundee team stood out for me at Dens Park in the 1-1. They were awful, in the 2nd half they couldn't get near the ball.

That's not to say Kamara is a poor player.

£100,000 should cover Kamara's wages between now and when his contract runs out.

Anybody who watches our games will know that Kamara in both games last season at Ibrox and against us in the 1-1 draw at Dens this season was an absolute stand out. He puts himself about more than Coulibaly to win balls, he is as difficult as Ejaria was to get the ball off.. difference is he has vision and can make a pass, you can clearly see the typical Wenger Arsenal Academy quality in him. He is a fine piece of business for free.
I agree mate. From what I’ve seen of him ( which is only in the games at Ibrox I admit) he will provide more to our midfield than Coulibaly ( that’s not a slate on Coulibaly). Replacing loan signings with better permanent signings is an absolute no brainier. Some on here seem focused that he hasn’t featured much for Dundeevand Hoping he’s a dud. Fckn crazy if you ask me.

A very good young athletic midfielder.

Fantastic piece of business.

Would I be right in thinking McIntyre does not rate Kamara?
He was a constant fixture in McCanns team (who signed him) but was apparently dropped on many occassions by McIntyre.
Certainly appears keen to offload him ??

He is better served training with us and getting used to his teammates imo.

If it’s a minimal additional outlay there is no downside to giving him a head start on that and you never know what could happen with injuries and suspensions.
I totally see your point as valid, but I suppose it will just come down to Gerrards view of the player and what's best. I'm no fussed either way, just wouldn't want to see mcrorie with less of a chance.

Nope. If we can get him in now, get him in. We are after all trying to push for a title!
I agree we are, he may be a fantastic signing for us, then again he may not.
I'm no fussed either way, unless he's brilliant and a game changer for us, but I suppose we won't know that unless he does sign on with us now.

He was a constant fixture in McCanns team (who signed him) but was apparently dropped on many occassions by McIntyre.

Don’t think it’s a case of not rating him. I’ve not seen much of him myself but he’s apparently been bang out of form and really just waiting for a move. Obviously not what you need in a relegation fight.

Coulibaly should be thanked for his efforts and his loan cut short. Rossiter will forever be a mystery and nobody knows if Dorrans will be able to feature much.

Think it's a no brainier to bring Kamara in.
Fair enough.
Coulibally showed us what he can do early on, injury and personal stuff certainly affected him.
I'd keep him expecting he'll find his firm again, and I think we forget how young Rossiter is, not sure its over just yet.

I suppose your point stands, uncertainty brings the need for more cover.

As we signed him early doors into the window, negotiations probably went on beforehand, and the boy has played within himself...just a theory

Fair enough.
Coulibally showed us what he can do early on, injury and personal stuff certainly affected him.
I'd keep him expecting he'll find his firm again, and I think we forget how young Rossiter is, not sure its over just yet.

I suppose your point stands, uncertainty brings the need for more cover.

I do hope you're right!

9 starts and 1 sub appearance in Dundee's last 10 matches.

I'd rather he stayed at Dundee to be honest, is he going feature much for us between now and May?
If we're doing 433,
It will no doubt be Jack Arfield Davis,
With mcrorie coulibally, halliday and Rossiter as cover, potentially Dorrans as well.
Save the wages, tell him to keep doing his best at Dundee and welcome him at season end.

F*ck it, call the whole thing off. What were we thinking?

Maybe. It would depend how badly we want Kamara this window and how tough Dundee want to be in the negotiations. I live in Dundee and have a soft spot for the club. Rossiter alone will do next to nothing for Dundees chances of staying up. If I know that then I assume Jim McIntyre knows it too.

I have a soft spot for Dundee too mate. Common enemy & all that.
Hardie has a few goals this season & seems a natural foil for Miller so could be useful ?
If Rossiter isn’t going to help Dundee then he really isn’t any use for us either then ?
Wallace could be another option ?

I think this guy could force his way into the team and will take a bit of shifting if he does. To me he looks a very talented player who reads the game and wins back possession very well. With him in the squad the competition for midfield places will be fierce. I honestly think he will bring a lot to the team. Coulibaly has been winning the ball back and then instantly surrendering possession and as much as I like McCrorie, I think Kamara looks technically superior.

Id rather get him now. Gives him an extra 6 months to get to know his team mates and settle in. Then hit the ground running next season
An extra 6 months in Dundee also raised the possibility of him picking up an injury, especially if he's playing flat out for them, and if he's not playing flat out he's not much good to them. Better for all concerned he makes the move now. However I grudge giving any SPFL club the blue pound if we dont have to

It’s apparently more that Kamara has had one eye on his next move and his form has suffered as such.

Can’t say I have noticed him that much however looking at that clip he looks very fast dkilkfull energetic and strong

With better players around him he would be even better

Get him in now

Coulibaly should be thanked for his efforts and his loan cut short. Rossiter will forever be a mystery and nobody knows if Dorrans will be able to feature much.

Think it's a no brainier to bring Kamara in.
Exactly this, even if he doesn’t get much game time he can train with his new team , get used to the managers methods, and be up and running for next season.

Back