Jim Torbett: Paedophile who abused young footballers also headed up Celtic’s chain of club shops

Chris,

The compensation piece clouds the matter.

I would take the money out of the equation and get to the crux of the problem firstly.

These young men want proper answers, they want to know why this happened, why it wasn't stopped, who hid this instead of dealing with this, why did the club not deal with it at the time and how they are going to prevent it happening in the future.

I am sure an acknowledgement that they screwed up and are deeply sorry would go a long way with so many instead of it being hidden and not acknowledged that they are SURVIVORS.

Then from that it is up to lawyers to sort any compensation if that is how it should go down.

I am sure some will want money and compensated as that is the world we live in but I am also sure there will be some that will want it simply acknowledged and that Shame FC say SORRY

Just my opinion Wlllem2 but I think you would be right a number of years ago however due to #thepaedoclub’a attitude towards these people their views have hardened.

Wonder what Adidas think of 5heir knew partner?

“We warmly welcome adidas to the Celtic Family and look forward to an exciting and successful partnership.”

I can tell you exactly what they think VH and I know it won't surprise you. They care not a jot.

Business comes before the welfare of children to them. New Balance were the same. Two peas in the same rancid pod.

Adidas were constantly bombarded with every bit of relevant info over a long time from some people on here, to warn them who they may have been getting involved with prior to the NB contract ending, one person in particular doing a sterling job regarding it and their views on it? Nothing! That sums that company up.

We've now become a sub-human race in many respects.

I can tell you exactly what they think VH and I know it won't surprise you. They care not a jot.

Business comes before the welfare of children to them. New Balance were the same. Two peas in the same rancid pod.

Adidas were constantly bombarded with every bit of relevant info over a long time from some people on here, to warn them who they may have been getting involved with prior to the NB contract ending, one person in particular doing a sterling job regarding it and their views on it? Nothing! That sums that company up.

We've now become a sub-human race in many respects.

Well said TS. Hope you are well mate.

Just my opinion Wlllem2 but I think you would be right a number of years ago however due to #thepaedoclub’a attitude towards these people their views have hardened.

I think they have dug themselves that big a hole they cannot back down without looking like total MUGS.

The "ThePeadoclub" stuff would always be there and will always be used as a weapon but they could counter it by facing up to it. At least at the end of it they can claim their disgust in what happened and demonstrate the measures they took to resolve / acknowledge / support the victims.

I think like they have done with other issues associated to them they will deflect and deflect and deflect with the hope it goes away or becomes that clouded people question there involvement.

I suspect their views are hardened due to the stance they took, saving face and the potential financial penalties.

I think they have dug themselves that big a hole they cannot back down without looking like total MUGS.

The "ThePeadoclub" stuff would always be there and will always be used as a weapon but they could counter it by facing up to it. At least at the end of it they can claim their disgust in what happened and demonstrate the measures they took to resolve / acknowledge / support the victims.

I think like they have done with other issues associated to them they will deflect and deflect and deflect with the hope it goes away or becomes that clouded people question there involvement.

I suspect their views are hardened due to the stance they took, saving face and the potential financial penalties.

Absolutely agree mate.

As a father, I hate that club. I couldn't even begin to imagine what those kids went through. I don't think I could process it or control myself if I found out that had happened to them.

As a Father, I hate that club's fans. How could anyone knowing what happened there not be so ashamed that they would still defend them? To toe the party line and say it wasn't us? To try and reduce their filthy, disgusting secrets of a paedophile gang being protected by a club they profess to love so much to point scoring? To proudly wear a rag at every opportunity knowing what happened? I cannot even begin to describe how low each and every one of them is.

Can you imagine the size of a Gary fucking Glitter concert held today? People turning up dressed like him, proudly belting out his tunes? There would be no customers. There would be no venues would touch it. No promoters either. No, I would imagine that 99% of his bought records and paraphernalia were thrown in the bin immediately after people found out what he was.

Do you think anyone would go and see that vile bastard Saville doing a marathon and applauding his heroic charity efforts? He wouldn't make it two steps from his car before being torn to pieces by a mob.

And yet they go. And they sing. And they ignore. And they try every trick in the book to implicate everyone else to lessen their shame.

To see what is happening right now, and let's be honest, Politicians and Media happily allowing themselves to be used and manipulated and still be sympathetic to their club is sickening. The question is why? It can't just be that they support that club. It just can't be. There must be something else.

Shame on them forever, whatever the reason.

Great post HB.

I and many others on here share your sentiments.

And as you know, whenever Dan Gordon ultimately completes his documentary this will be exposed.

The hope is that this takes it out of Krankie’s hands at that stage B69.
It must be a real problem for D.G. to know where to end the documentary that's been in production for two years and start the next one, with more evidence piling up and the courage of a growing number of victims who won't be intimidated or silenced.

It must be a real problem for D.G. to know where to end the documentary that's been in production for two years and start the next one, with more evidence piling up and the courage of a growing number of victims who won't be intimidated or silenced.

I agree IC. Things are developing almost by the week. Where does he draw the line to get as full a picture as he can ?

At one stage we’ll over 6 months ago we were told filming was complete.

Now, between COVID 19 & new developments I just don’t know when we will see it mate.

Well said TS. Hope you are well mate.

And you and yours Grigo. I'm doing okay mate.

I'm desperate for this to really start to unfold so the victims can get the closure they seek, get the ample compensation they're more than due as well and for the world can see what that vile club is all about.

I want that rancid lot dead. It may not happen owing to the many protectors they have, but I want nothing less.

And you and yours Grigo. I'm doing okay mate.

I'm desperate for this to really start to unfold so the victims can get the closure they seek, get the ample compensation they're more than due as well and for the world can see what that vile club is all about.

I want that rancid lot dead. It may not happen owing to the many protectors they have, but I want nothing less.

I’m good thank you.

They should be embarrassed mate but it just shows their true selves, as a club & a fanbase, that they stoop to the levels that they have, and call this horrible experience as a point scoring exercise.

Yes, a club like no other. They at least got that right.

I agree IC. Things are developing almost by the week. Where does he draw the line to get as full a picture as he can ?

At one stage we’ll over 6 months ago we were told filming was complete.

Now, between COVID 19 & new developments I just don’t know when we will see it mate.
The when it's shown part doesn't really matter as long as it's conclusion is reasonably contemporary G.Y. That's why I worry that it's impact could be severely reduced by the post-production "revelations" for want of a better word.

I started watching that Netflix programme about Jeffrey Epstein and even although this is long after the Shettleson's started with their abuse he seemed to get a lot of wee girls through word of mouth.
This will have been how the abuse at Celtc FC became known to other paedo's. There are networks who communicate. There's no way in Earth someone like Saville rocked up on a hunch.
No doubt there will be a statue of Epstein at the San Giro in the coming years

Yep, fair point.

The good thing is he’s in England, so less opportunity for these creeps up here to assert control.
Sorry G.Y. I didn't mean revelations as a reference to scum media influence. I meant revelations as in new information not contained in the already made documentary. Hope that makes sense.

How would Savile know? Through his twisted abusers network, or was he contacted and invited into the circle?

He didn’t just get involved by chance, there must have been something which drew him towards Celtic.
Jimmy Saville was a popular celeb back in the 70s. Those of an age will remember Jim'll fix it and the clunkclick/ British Rail adverts..he was everywhere.
Booking a celeb to dole out prizes was the done thing back then and knowing what we know now about CBC and Saville this may have been the perfect cover.

As for nonceco given Saville was a devout RC and his best friend was Father Denis Connell(also a child abuser) row of crows?

Jimmy Saville was a popular celeb back in the 70s. Those of an age will remember Jim'll fix it and the clunkclick/ British Rail adverts..he was everywhere.
Booking a celeb to dole out prizes was the done thing back then and knowing what we know now about CBC and Saville this may have been the perfect cover.

As for nonceco given Saville was a devout RC and his best friend was Father Denis Connell(also a child abuser) row of crows?
Says it all really

Sorry G.Y. I didn't mean revelations as a reference to scum media influence. I meant revelations as in new information not contained in the already made documentary. Hope that makes sense.

Ah, got you IC ;)

To be honest, I’d guess that most of it will be stuff we already know, but the real hope is that it gets the whole of UK up to our level of knowledge.

And coming from a third party rather than bears it will hopefully be seen as objective by the public at large.

John Lydon aka Johnny Rotten of the sex pistols virtually outed Savile in an interview in 1977 at the height of the pistols infamy

He stated along the lines of he(saville) was into all sorts of seediness no one was allowed to talk about
Lydon then said "I bet none of this gets out"
The presenter replied " they will remove the liable parts"
Lydon finished the interview with "nothing I have said is liabel

The interview was never aired until after Savilles death.

He could have been stopped in 1977...the warnings went ignored and were buried

I started watching that Netflix programme about Jeffrey Epstein and even although this is long after the Shettleson's started with their abuse he seemed to get a lot of wee girls through word of mouth.
This will have been how the abuse at Celtc FC became known to other paedo's. There are networks who communicate. There's no way in Earth someone like Saville rocked up on a hunch.
No doubt there will be a statue of Epstein at the San Giro in the coming years

I watched this too. Horrible child abuse.

Ah, got you IC ;)

To be honest, I’d guess that most of it will be stuff we already know, but the real hope is that it gets the whole of UK up to our level of knowledge.

And coming from a third party rather than bears it will hopefully be seen as objective by the public at large.
John Lydon aka Johnny Rotten of the sex pistols virtually outed Savile in an interview in 1977 at the height of the pistols infamy

He stated along the lines of he(saville) was into all sorts of seediness no one was allowed to talk about

Who would be afraid of slandering a nonce? Another nonce.

Last edited:
Just to add, if they just said "This happened, we accept responsibility and apologise profusely to the victims. We will make a financial settlement with each family and while this won't remove the pain, we hope it can go some way to beginning to alleviate the horror these people suffered", I wouldn't have a problem.

I don't think most of us could fault that.

The fact that they just refuse to engage though to protect their name and their brand, genuinely makes me feel sick. Not because it's Celtic, because it is entirely wrong and no one can disagree with that.
This is where their separate entity bullshit is going to bite them. Having got off with paedophilia for decades, thanks to their disgusting, perverted place men, they thought it would continue. The lawyer's wee 'separate entity' idea seemed perfect for shielding the rancid organisation forever. Seemingly untouchable.

Afraid not.

Who would be afraid of slandering a nonce? Another nonce.
HM Queen Elizabeth II Silver Jubilee year.
43 years ago people began to realise what Savilles game was. Pinching girls bottoms was accepted behaviour and I'm sure there are examples in many of the 70s BBCs family deemed sitcoms
Just a laugh innit no harm and it's only entertainment .....Saville went further..too far.
Rumours were abound even then about his behaviour around children.

But Jim was a big ratings pull..his shows were standard saturday evening viewing for families across the UK and his much publicised charidee runs and voluntary hospital work ...JIMMY SAVILLE WAS UNTOUCHABLE.
Deemed as some kind of national treasure in the public eye ...some knew about his deviant behaviour at those purveyors of good taste Auntie Beeb and went to great lengths to keep it hush hush and be oblivious to the horrors going on behind that dressing room door

As long as jim turned up to do his now then now then rattle rattle shtick they allowed him to continue to abuse kids.

I think I’ve mentioned it on another thread. On a documentary about Saville. Esther Rantzen said she’d heard rumours when she worked at the BBC of what Saville was up to and she said nothing. Next thing she was the front of Childline and still said nothing to the authorities about him

A football club who employed multiple child abusers with connections to Jimmy Savile and who’s majority share holder owns a bank that funnelled money to terrorists in Ukraine & North Korea plus is under investigation by the French government for money laundering.

In any other country in the world the above just might get a mention in the press but not Scotland.

The Scottish media still avoiding this latest Celtc * scandal, just like the Dodgy Dermot money laundering story the other day ?
The Scottish media have always been the same on this subject. We wouldn’t give certain outlets the time of day. Some of their lazy journalists pull stories from this forum. So we took it outside Scotland. I think in the near future you will see well respected journalists looking into this and not just Alex Thomson.

The Scottish media have always been the same on this subject. We wouldn’t give certain outlets the time of day. Some of their lazy journalists pull stories from this forum. So we took it outside Scotland. I think in the near future you will see well respected journalists looking into this and not just Alex Thomson.
Quite incredible that this is the attitude in our wee republic. This being the case with a far reaching and serious story such as this decades of child abuse tragedy is a sad indictment on Scottish journalism and politics now.

No doubt when the naming and shaming of those who failed to act gets published, we will see more of the same covering up and denials that have prevailed so far. Sickening.

Surely their 'internal investigation' should be looked at!
For them to have an official internal investigation would mean that they would have to announce this to the London Stock Exchange. As far as we’re aware this hasn’t happened. This would suggest that no such thing took place.
Another thing to note. Straight after this so called internal investigation Lyness malley’s name appeared. Celtic didn’t find this alleged perpetrator, so not much of an investigation took place.

A Club Like No Other ..... yip they sure are !

Moral integrity should insist they are properly punished for the crime of facilitating a child sex ring

The problem is the current custodians of the corrupt SPFL or SFA simply cannot be trusted to deal with this
Neither can Holyrood.

We could not find dirt on Denis O'Connell. His ex alter boy, Keith O'Brien was an abuser as was another member of the clergy at St Patrick's in Kilsyth, Thomas Mullen.

What gets me is that The Times are issuing this information as if it was some sort of secret that Torbett was employed by them. Torbett was their front man on any matters of merchandising during the 90's, it's not like he was just operating behind the scenes.

I really hope we find out the true scale of all the going on’s in that sess pit. Reading these threads is upsetting the hell out me and making me so f.ucking angry. This country should be ashamed for not investigating this properly. Seems to me the SNP, SFA, SPFL and the east end Rhats are all in bed together. Its shocking and needs dealt with. :mad:

I read his book mate, he said it was an open secret at the bbc. Now as you know, hes not a man to keep quiet.

What may have happened is that he was seen a public enemy no1 and they would just have classed him as a rabble rouse, which he was.

At the time though, saville was an institution in the country. John lydon was despised by most apart from rebellious youth. It's the people in high places that protected him.

I really hope we find out the true scale of all the going on’s in that sess pit. Reading these threads is upsetting the hell out me and making me so f.ucking angry. This country should be ashamed for not investigating this properly. Seems to me the SNP, SFA, SPFL and the east end Rhats are all in bed together. Its shocking and needs dealt with. :mad:
Of course they are. Which properly minded government would say that any investigation into historic child abuse should not include faith groups and sporting institutions?

Someone on here said that saville. Threatened his victims with the IRA. Now why and how would an Englishman get the idea for that ?

Back