Jim Traynor

Yes, his statement was good today. However, it was reactive,not proactive. We need proactivity.

Weither Traynor wanted to be interviewed or not, he had to. And no doubt, the interviewer would be off his choice.

I’m just not convinced we are getting our moneys worth with him. If he was competent at his job, out PR would be in a much better place than it should be.

We have been savaged in the media for a while now, visible action was required a long time ago. It’s time we controlled the narrative, and I don’t believe Traynor has the passion for it.

100%. Prompted to interview not off his own back. Spoke well but without passion.

We need too start using him more.

As we have seen he is excellent at fronting the stuff we need said.The club should give him much more scope,and let him go and attack our obvious enemies- we need someone to start fighting our corner.

Jim Traynor is one of Scotland's most experienced media professionals. He's essential to any strategy we have against anti Rangers bias.

I didnt know he was still at the club
I thought the interview was good but I was shocked he was still around Ibrox
Maybe he should have a weekly update on RTV
Keeping us all up to date with the ongoing struggle to correct the media's discrepancies against The Rangers

Traynor needs to start earning his consultancy fees

He spent decades at BBC Scotland and must have inside knowledge as to who within Pacific Quay is shaping the narrative of Rangers bad and St Pats good

It’s been going on for years and we should be told who is pulling the strings in BBC Scotland and we as a fan base should be outing them and their background aired in public

This dispute has been allowed to fester and as Traynor says there is no end in sight

Well it’s time we know who is behind the strategy of Rangers bad and St Pats good but we all know what team they will support and it’s time we turned the table on them and expose them

BBC Scotland is funded by the public and we as the public should demand fair and balanced reporting and not this anti Rangers bias we see every week

I didnt know he was still at the club
I thought the interview was good but I was shocked he was still around Ibrox
Maybe he should have a weekly update on RTV
Keeping us all up to date with the ongoing struggle to correct the media's discrepancies against The Rangers
He quit as our Director of Communications while the Green/Ashley regime was expelled. Dave King and T3B brought him back as a contractor with his Level 5 PR company when they took over at Ibrox.

I think this interview was basically a enough is enough moment and now we need the club to keep the pressure up and it was also a call to arms for the fans to do there part.We live in a country where the Scottish government,media and SFA and scottish football in general despise us but we have numbers and if we work collectively we can fight back.

So are you saying you know more than Dave King?

What has Traynor done in the last ...... three, four, five years?
No "You don't know what goes on in the background" imaginary stuff, please.
I believe King listens to him, he does have the kind of CV that'd make you think he should know what's what. But only a fool would deny our comms are a gift to our enemies and Traynor is a huge part of that problem.

Last edited:
At the time of shifting out the Rats, the Sleazedales had Toxic Jack Irvine from Media House in their camp. A dirty fighter, if we hired a pussy cat to take them on they would have been eaten alive. I don’t like JT but he is a necessary evil cause he will fight fire with fire. He knows better than anyone what the driving force is behind each hating media outlet. If anyone thinks getting rid of Traynor would change the press approach to Rangers are delusional, it wouldn’t it give them even more free reign.

I would have to say that it's far from clear what he does at the club and a bit more evidence of that would be welcome by the support. Anyone who has held down a full time job,40 hrs PW knows it can be a long drag. Assuming he is full time, there must be a lot of hours to fill in at the club. Weekly updates would be welcome and would perhaps fill in his time a bit more meaningful. He could perhaps generate a weekly phone in on Rangers TV, how about.... Your Call.

I would have to say that it's far from clear what he does at the club and a bit more evidence of that would be welcome by the support. Anyone who has held down a full time job,40 hrs PW knows it can be a long drag. Assuming he is full time, there must be a lot of hours to fill in at the club. Weekly updates would be welcome and would perhaps fill in his time a bit more meaningful. He could perhaps generate a weekly phone in on Rangers TV, how about.... Your Call.
You don’t know what he does but because it’s not beamed live on RTV it must be nothing?

"They surged in several times clubbing everyone within reach. Although the fans who were spewing their sectarian bile probably deserve a good hiding, innocents would also have been taken out."

Jim Traynor on Rangers fans in Pamplona, Spain.
I was in Pamplona,and Traynors version is nowhere near the truth.however if the club choose to employ him,and it brings the dispute with the BBC to a conclusion,IN OUR FAVOUR,well I can live with that.

I don't like him and I wouldn't have him around the club personally.

But its not me making those kind of decisions.

Credit where its due though the interview the other day was outstanding, if he gave us more of that I'd happily change my mind on him.

At the time of shifting out the Rats, the Sleazedales had Toxic Jack Irvine from Media House in their camp. A dirty fighter, if we hired a pussy cat to take them on they would have been eaten alive. I don’t like JT but he is a necessary evil cause he will fight fire with fire. He knows better than anyone what the driving force is behind each hating media outlet. If anyone thinks getting rid of Traynor would change the press approach to Rangers are delusional, it wouldn’t it give them even more free reign.
BB, you sound like you know what happens behind the scenes here.
See if Traynor is too busy fighting off our enemies and fire with fire etc. why doesn't he recognise that they're making the club toxic and he needs a hand? Someone who knows the game and can tackle the one-sided bile? I've had enough of the 'working in the shadows' fairy stories. Let Traynor come out and publicise his good work, where's the downside in him doing that?
Personally I believe our comms folk are very poor - that's going by what's in the public domain, where the real fight is. It's all about public perception.

BB, you sound like you know what happens behind the scenes here.
See if Traynor is too busy fighting off our enemies and fire with fire etc. why doesn't he recognise that they're making the club toxic and he needs a hand? Someone who knows the game and can tackle the one-sided bile? I've had enough of the 'working in the shadows' fairy stories. Let Traynor come out and publicise his good work, where's the downside in him doing that?
Personally I believe our comms folk are very poor - that's going by what's in the public domain, where the real fight is. It's all about public perception.

You may have noticed his presence has been stripped back since Gerrard became Manager I suspect that is something Gerrard requested as he can hold his own with the press. Holding press misreporting is his key focus, the BBC have already had to apologise twice for doing so. Certain Journo’s tred more carefully because they don’t want Traynor being their foe. Something also changed last year when Stevie Kerr broke away from Level 5 and his PR Company are doing a lot of Rangers work instead. I bet you half the shite never makes print because of early intervention. But PR only goes so far.. what we really need is interested parties in the Board to make examples of certain outlets by taking them to Court over misreporting the dignified silence strategy doesn’t work.

"They surged in several times clubbing everyone within reach. Although the fans who were spewing their sectarian bile probably deserve a good hiding, innocents would also have been taken out."

Jim Traynor on Rangers fans in Pamplona, Spain.

Is the sectarian bile not what the club are trying to stamp out ? Pretty sure Gerrard thinks those spouting it deserve a good hiding.

What is the general opinion on here of him? Personally i think he is just a total leech and earning money for doing hee haw.

He was part of the press who called us a new club etc then when he got the job he has now he offered a shitey wee apology that i never accepted. I just cant take anything he says about our club sincerely.

Just wondering if it's just me?
Agree 100% with you.

Having had a discussion before, the Facts have been laid bare, in so much, The Rangers Fans HAVE the Power too bring Scottish Football to its Knees, if they use it properly. Yes and he Reiterated it Yesterday Re the Scum at Pacific Quay. To achieve a Goal we will also have to Sacrifice an Element of Pain by standing up to our detractors, “WE DO HAVE THE POWER IN OUR HANDS” I agree with him.

I would be interested to know what powers Rangers Fans have, to bring Scottish Football to its knees.

Doing the best he can. But if I were the Board, I'd employ a media-savvy person with zero ties to the cesshole that is the Scottish media. Get him (or her) working on building relationships with UK national media to sell our brand.

Worth bearing in mind that the Club engage Traynor’s services to fulfill a role. He does what the Club tell him. The Club set his remit and tell him the message they want to get out. Traynor may, and probably does, make suggestions - but at the end of the day unless the Club authorise him to say something then he can’t, and won’t, say anything at all. He’s the monkey, not the organ grinder.

Worth bearing in mind that the Club engage Traynor’s services to fulfill a role. He does what the Club tell him. The Club set his remit and tell him the message they want to get out. Traynor may, and probably does, make suggestions - but at the end of the day unless the Club authorise him to say something then he can’t, and won’t, say anything at all. He’s the monkey, not the organ grinder.
Agree with you.The board are not going to let him come out and say things without consulting them first.
I would imagine everything that he says has to be sanctioned at board level first.
He is the go between if you like between boardroom and press.

Can any of Traynor's defenders give us specific examples of what Traynor adds? ie. why him? He's supposed to be a heavyweight (no pun) in the media, I've seen no evidence of this and who in their right mind would say we're any good at managing the message, our comms is rotten.
And, as previously, none of the 'he works in mysterious ways' mince, please.

Last edited:
Back