Jim Traynor

Camby_bear72

What is the general opinion on here of him? Personally i think he is just a total leech and earning money for doing hee haw.

He was part of the press who called us a new club etc then when he got the job he has now he offered a shitey wee apology that i never accepted. I just cant take anything he says about our club sincerely.

Just wondering if it's just me?

So you’re saying that our entire board are incompetent? They employ him.
If we want to start playing with words then yeah they are incompetent. Surely anyone would agree it would show more competence not to employ Jim Traynor? Or am Iissing something and if so what?

If we want to start playing with words then yeah they are incompetent. Surely anyone would agree it would show more competence not to employ Jim Traynor? Or am Iissing something and if so what?
Ditto to the last post. We have the majority shareholder of the club, the man with the most to lose supporting him. You merely have to decide on a season ticket. Hmmmm. What point matters most???

His statement was very good, however the fact he stated that bringing the bbc’s Disgraceful pic of McCoist being flung out the window should in effect be left for another argument and let’s concentrate on toDay is simply not good enough.

Can he not digest that he was in that particular era part of the problem?

Ditto to the last post. We have the majority shareholder of the club, the man with the most to lose supporting him. You merely have to decide on a season ticket. Hmmmm. What point matters most???
I can't decipher whether you're agreeing with me or arguing with me :p

In general no however I don't believe it is showing the utmost competence in having Jim Traynor as our spokesman.
Okay, that’s clear. I think that the position of outward comms guy or girl is pretty important and that you think our board have messed that up is interesting. They’re spending their money but they’re going to employ the wrong people and FF can cure that. Thank phuck we sorted that.

Okay, that’s clear. I think that the position of outward comms guy or girl is pretty important and that you think our board have messed that up is interesting. They’re spending their money but they’re going to employ the wrong people and FF can cure that. Thank phuck we sorted that.
Mate I'm a bit pished but I'm thinking you're beating me a bit :)

I think you need to calm down, just because i feel or others do that they have employed the wrong man for that doesnt mean we think they are totally incompetent. We can disagree with certain decisions as a shareholder on my part then i'm totally within my rights.

Yes, his statement was good today. However, it was reactive,not proactive. We need proactivity.

Weither Traynor wanted to be interviewed or not, he had to. And no doubt, the interviewer would be off his choice.

I’m just not convinced we are getting our moneys worth with him. If he was competent at his job, out PR would be in a much better place than it should be.

We have been savaged in the media for a while now, visible action was required a long time ago. It’s time we controlled the narrative, and I don’t believe Traynor has the passion for it.

Was just saying to my brother on Thursday night where the hell is Traynor when we are ravaged by all and sundry after Clarke’s comments.

Was good to see that today and know they are working behind the scenes and cataloguing everything that BBC Scotland are doing to hamper the club and the support.

The wider support need to mobilise in the coming weeks and months ahead.

Was just saying to my brother on Thursday night where the hell is Traynor when we are ravaged by all and sundry after Clarke’s comments.

Was good to see that today and know they are working behind the scenes and cataloguing everything that BBC Scotland are doing to hamper the club and the support.

The wider support need to mobilise in the coming weeks and months ahead.

They will need a helluva big catalogue!

His statements at first were Fantastic but rarely hear from him now, which is disappointing as he speaks very well

I don’t what he actually does to be honest. We get kicked from pillar to post day in day out and it doesn’t show any signs of stopping.

All I know of him is he has embarrassed us in a couple of statements, and I’ll never forgive him for saying Rangers fans deserved what they got in Pamplona.

I don’t what he actually does to be honest. We get kicked from pillar to post day in day out and it doesn’t show any signs of stopping.

All I know of him is he has embarrassed us in a couple of statements, and I’ll never forgive him for saying Rangers fans deserved what they got in Pamplona.

Nobody is happy with the comments he made years ago.

What part of yesterday’s do you disagree with?

What is the general opinion on here of him? Personally i think he is just a total leech and earning money for doing hee haw.

He was part of the press who called us a new club etc then when he got the job he has now he offered a shitey wee apology that i never accepted. I just cant take anything he says about our club sincerely.

Just wondering if it's just me?

He was part of the press that called us a new club? Nosense.

I speak as someone that was never a fan of us from the day he said we were to blame for Pamplona.

That piece he wrote for the Rhecord should’ve gone down in folklore for calling out his own colleagues.

He knows what he’s doing. He isn’t daft imo.

Dont think anyone is disagreeing what he said yesterday, maybe just a bit pissed off that our so called PR man has wstched us get battered for months n months n nothing been done

Dont think anyone is disagreeing what he said yesterday, maybe just a bit pissed off that our so called PR man has wstched us get battered for months n months n nothing been done
Did you watch the whole clip ffs.

They are tackling these bastards behind the scenes just because the club aren’t issuing statements at every single incident dosent mean they aren’t doing anything.

Yes, his statement was good today. However, it was reactive,not proactive. We need proactivity.

Weither Traynor wanted to be interviewed or not, he had to. And no doubt, the interviewer would be off his choice.

I’m just not convinced we are getting our moneys worth with him. If he was competent at his job, out PR would be in a much better place than it should be.

We have been savaged in the media for a while now, visible action was required a long time ago. It’s time we controlled the narrative, and I don’t believe Traynor has the passion for it.
PR isn’t visible. A club/company can’t force media to say nice things and some of our fans don’t help us create positive PR in the slightest. I find it strange that the most vocal about PR are so quiet when it comes to our own fans bringing negative PR. In fact they appear to get angrier at the club when our own fans bring negative PR.

"They surged in several times clubbing everyone within reach. Although the fans who were spewing their sectarian bile probably deserve a good hiding, innocents would also have been taken out."

Jim Traynor on Rangers fans in Pamplona, Spain.
That reads like he’s condemning the polices actions to me.

So are you saying you know more than Dave King?
While we claim this and that he’s not the oracle of everything. He sanctioned Pedro, he approached McInnes. He’s far from infallible. And our Managment of the brand through PR is beyond awful. We’ve managed to serve up an apology on national news in th UK the same week an x player suffered abuse and a coin at him while the jolly craicsters ran amok in Spain.

Did you watch the whole clip ffs.

They are tackling these bastards behind the scenes just because the club aren’t issuing statements at every single incident dosent mean they aren’t doing anything.

I did but this issue in the media isnt just BBC scotland and hasnt just been going recently, its been happening for years now. Like it or not Celtic are streets ahead in the PR department that has to change.

All this football fan crap that is in the press when Celtic supporters do wrong isnt an accident, that has to change! Time to go on the attack.

I did but this issue in the media isnt just BBC scotland and hasnt just been going recently, its been happening for years now. Like it or not Celtic are streets ahead in the PR department that has to change.
They control the media. That won’t change over night. A lot of our fans would be protesting at the front doors if the board tried to get to that position because it would involve building bridges.

They control the media. That won’t change over night. A lot of our fans would be protesting at the front doors if the board tried to get to that position because it would involve building bridges.

I just feel far more could be done mate, i just want whats best for Rangers and our support and in the PR side of it i dont feel its being done.

I don't really have an opinion on the job he is doing now because I don't know what his brief has been.

Bearing in mind that the club publicly stated how they wanted to build bridges, is it possible that up til now his instructions have been to play nice in public, have conversations via back channels etc?

We don't know. What will tell us is if there is a significant change in how the club approaches negative coverage from now on. I have a sneaking feeling that the last week has been one poking of the sleeping bear too much.

Didn’t say I disagreed with any of yesterdays interview. Mind you I think it was extremely stupid for him to do an interview with the BBC thinking it would be edited and shown fairly.

This has been a returning topic on here for quite a few years now.

It'd be an interesting area for a blog on 4Lads or even a pod on H&H from those chaps more connected to the club.

Didn’t say I disagreed with any of yesterdays interview. Mind you I think it was extremely stupid for him to do an interview with the BBC thinking it would be edited and shown fairly.
Not sure about that.
At least he had the opportunity to expose the dishonesty of the BBC with the follow up interview.
I have been told that JT was immensely helpful to Dave King and the three bears when trying to rid us of the spivs and he worked unpaid throughout that period.

You posted that a club cant force the media to say nice things, now your saying that mob control the media. Make your mind up mate

Really?

Shows Rangers are trying to sort issue.

You familiar with the saying there’s more than 1 way to skin a cat?

More ammo for our side and another stitch up by them.

His statement was very good, however the fact he stated that bringing the bbc’s Disgraceful pic of McCoist being flung out the window should in effect be left for another argument and let’s concentrate on toDay is simply not good enough.

Can he not digest that he was in that particular era part of the problem?
He sftill mentioned it though..

What he was saying was he didnnt want to go through the entire list and focus on more recent things.

Jim Traynor is one of Scotland's most experienced media professionals. He's essential to any strategy we have against anti Rangers bias.

Having had a discussion before, the Facts have been laid bare, in so much, The Rangers Fans HAVE the Power too bring Scottish Football to its Knees, if they use it properly. Yes and he Reiterated it Yesterday Re the Scum at Pacific Quay. To achieve a Goal we will also have to Sacrifice an Element of Pain by standing up to our detractors, “WE DO HAVE THE POWER IN OUR HANDS” I agree with him.

Back