Jim white

deedle

I’m not sure if the current board can do it without major investment.

We’re not going to win the league in any case with the sort of refereeing we’ve seen over the past couple of seasons.

By and large the support doesn’t realise the damage wreaked by Murray.

High Society

If and it is a big IF they achieve that then I really don't see how we as a club come back from that. We could be looking at the late 70's early 80's again. We are already losing generations of potential supporters to English football. Our support may dwindle in the years and it is criminal that that could be the case.
our support has never dwindled, we’re the most loyal supporters in the world,

bob1873

We’re not going to win the league in any case with the sort of refereeing we’ve seen over the past couple of seasons.

There is no way that's happening is there? There is no cash return in Scotland so only guys like King & Park are actually going to get money in.

LisburnLoyalBear

jim white is a tadger
He may be a tadger but he's not far off the mark.
They lift 9 this season and they will spend big in the summer in their quest for 10. If they do get 10, they will have a rock solid team in place for the season after.
We more than likely will have had to pay off a manager and his backroom staff and probably will have sold some of our best players, so yes we probably will not be near them.

-Clifford W74-

Hate to say it but i don't think their dominance will stop until it is of their own making as it was when we were going for 10 in a row.
I was only a boy but i am sure our defence collapsed that year with Gough and Bjorkland losing us a few games through unforced errors.

Their winning mentality is tough to break as was ours as it grew and grew through winning titles year after year.

ThorntonMM

Fair question, if they get 10, they will get numerous more
If they get ten does it really matter when we win it?

We will never hear the end of it.

I wonder if Walter ever sits back and wonders why his Rangers teams never had the same motivation to win everything the scum have?

Rudolph Hucker

Jim White watches his his wife get rattled while she slags his tiny willie.
Congratulations, you've managed to make me laugh at a thread on FF today!

As for the question, it's actually valid. They have got so far ahead with nearly a decade of CL money and we are STILL falling further and further behind them financially every year despite their ridiculous wage bill. We are not catching them, all we've done is outstripped the rest of the dross to become a comfortable No. 2 in Scotland. We are in danger of becoming Everton to their Liverpool, Espanyol to their Barcelona. This is our 4th year back in the top division and we are nowhere near providing a consistent challenge to them in the league, much less looking like winning it.

Barclay the Bear

If they get ten does it really matter when we win it?

We will never hear the end of it.

I wonder if Walter ever sits back and wonders why his Rangers teams never had the same motivation to win everything the scum have?
Teams in Scotland at that time were of a far better standard, than they are now,,,,our near team would have won virtually every game they played in, if they played against the teams we ate up against now

mooonmann

Nonsense.

No one expected us to drop points in these last few weeks. Everyone thought we would kick on after beating them at the Piggery and - once we'd played our game in hand - go top of the table.

You make out as if everyone knew we would get beat by Hearts, draw with Aberdeen and get beat by Kilmarnock. They didn't. These were shock results.

This season has almost certainly gone now but next season will be a different kettle of fish entirely.

Never write off Rangers.
Shock results? You reckon?

After the displays against Stranraer, Hearts and St Mirren, some of us could actually see that we would struggle against the likes of Aberdeen, Hibs and Kilmarnock..

Even though we won the St Mirren and Hibs games, we were still rotten..

Rt. Hon. Bearman

Shock results? You reckon?

After the displays against Stranraer, Hearts and St Mirren, some of us could actually see that we would struggle against the likes of Aberdeen, Hibs and Kilmarnock..

Even though we won the St Mirren and Hibs games, we were still rotten..
Struggle, yes. No one expected us to go out and play like Barcelona last night. But most would have expected us to win, albeit win ugly.

RedWhiteBlue

This.

Sometimes on here it feels like we are acting like this is Rangers of Advocaat, McLeish or Smith that we are watching. Where the tims are going good and spending well but we can still match them and better them over a 38 game league campaign.

The truth right now is that were are waiting and hoping that they will make a mess of their season and we can come in and almost win the league by default.

I know people hate to see these "look at where we were X years ago" posts but that situation cannot be ignored and we might never be able to get over it.

Eventually the tims will overtake us on number of titles won and nobody knows how long this consecutive run will last and it all reaches back to Murray.

Supporting the team has to mean more than just demanding success.

It's fine to hope we can win the league. Fine to even rationally think we can do it.
Expecting it is a bit delusional and demanding it is completely insane and unreasonable.

We are closer and we will continue to edge closer, fall away and get closer again but it's anyone's guess as to when we will actually succeed.

RedWhiteBlue

10iar is a certainty for them now and we should accept it or it will hurt way more.
Haha. How does that work?

I'm all for being realistic but what's the point in even supporting a football team if your approach is "ach I just accept we will lose so that it doesn't hurt when we do"?

Is the opposite true? If you accept we will lose does it feel even better if we win?

Lovenkrands

I still don’t think the majority realise what the events of 2012 did to us.

Gerrard will go in my view after they do their ten next Summer, but that probably won’t solve our woes.

Our problems run through the club from top to bottom. Financially they’ve left us behind even when they don’t make the Champions League they can sell assets to pull away. and PR wise we’re not even in their league.

Even our stadium is looking dated compared to what they’ve been able to do around theirs thanks to their pals at the council. They also have a standing area and a larger capacity.

For whatever reason we are okay with being a punching bag for officials, so that’s not helping either.

2012 gutted our club, and those thinking “oh it will be our turn soon” don’t seem to appreciate the damage was unprecedented. Even now the way Ashley has us under his thumb just serves to remind us where we are.

This board are well intentioned, but they don’t have the football expertise or money to rebuild us. The managerial appointments they have made have only added to our problems.

No white knight is coming to save us, I think sadly this is the new normal for a longtime to come.

I of course hope I’m wrong, but I’m buckling myself in for more of the same.

Last edited:

Jack Burton

Haha. How does that work?

I'm all for being realistic but what's the point in even supporting a football team if your approach is "ach I just accept we will lose so that it doesn't hurt when we do"?

Is the opposite true? If you accept we will lose does it feel even better if we win?
Strange mentality from one of us, even after last nights debacle...

Aimed at the quote, not you mate

TheDavanator

I’m beat. Can’t see us winning it any time soon. Seasons done all we can maybe look forward to is a meaningless cup.
It’s not really a meaningless cup though! For me it’s massive. Winning that stops their quadruple treble and also gives our players that haven’t won anything a taste of success and hopefully instill a winning mentality in them. Something I hoped winning the league cup would do but sadly it wasn’t to be.

Jonathan E

However many they win they have only achieved the minimum expected from a club with massive advantages in terms of expenditure, favourable officiating, positive media, State-aid and political clout. We are still massive underdogs and have done well to improve against substantial odds.

They will celebrate like teenage girls at a concert and the media in Scotland will fawn over them but any right-thinking football fan, let alone Bears, will know that the 'achievement' is tainted at best and arguably meaningless.

jackstar

Nonsense.

No one expected us to drop points in these last few weeks. Everyone thought we would kick on after beating them at the Piggery and - once we'd played our game in hand - go top of the table.

You make out as if everyone knew we would get beat by Hearts, draw with Aberdeen and get beat by Kilmarnock. They didn't. These were shock results.

This season has almost certainly gone now but next season will be a different kettle of fish entirely.

Never write off Rangers.
Agreed, people are obsessed with the tiar thing which is tainted anyway as we were down the leagues. We always knew this would be a slow burner and we are not finished by any manner of means,maybe in terms of this season it is,but never say die and that has to be the attitude we take on board every time we take to the field.