Jim white

I’m not sure if the current board can do it without major investment.

We’re not going to win the league in any case with the sort of refereeing we’ve seen over the past couple of seasons.

By and large the support doesn’t realise the damage wreaked by Murray.
There is no way that's happening is there? There is no cash return in Scotland so only guys like King & Park are actually going to get money in.

jim white is a tadger

He may be a tadger but he's not far off the mark.
They lift 9 this season and they will spend big in the summer in their quest for 10. If they do get 10, they will have a rock solid team in place for the season after.
We more than likely will have had to pay off a manager and his backroom staff and probably will have sold some of our best players, so yes we probably will not be near them.

Hate to say it but i don't think their dominance will stop until it is of their own making as it was when we were going for 10 in a row.
I was only a boy but i am sure our defence collapsed that year with Gough and Bjorkland losing us a few games through unforced errors.

Their winning mentality is tough to break as was ours as it grew and grew through winning titles year after year.

Fair question, if they get 10, they will get numerous more
If they get ten does it really matter when we win it?

We will never hear the end of it.

I wonder if Walter ever sits back and wonders why his Rangers teams never had the same motivation to win everything the scum have?

Jim White watches his his wife get rattled while she slags his tiny willie.
Congratulations, you've managed to make me laugh at a thread on FF today!

As for the question, it's actually valid. They have got so far ahead with nearly a decade of CL money and we are STILL falling further and further behind them financially every year despite their ridiculous wage bill. We are not catching them, all we've done is outstripped the rest of the dross to become a comfortable No. 2 in Scotland. We are in danger of becoming Everton to their Liverpool, Espanyol to their Barcelona. This is our 4th year back in the top division and we are nowhere near providing a consistent challenge to them in the league, much less looking like winning it.

If they get ten does it really matter when we win it?

We will never hear the end of it.

I wonder if Walter ever sits back and wonders why his Rangers teams never had the same motivation to win everything the scum have?
Teams in Scotland at that time were of a far better standard, than they are now,,,,our near team would have won virtually every game they played in, if they played against the teams we ate up against now

Nonsense.

No one expected us to drop points in these last few weeks. Everyone thought we would kick on after beating them at the Piggery and - once we'd played our game in hand - go top of the table.

You make out as if everyone knew we would get beat by Hearts, draw with Aberdeen and get beat by Kilmarnock. They didn't. These were shock results.

This season has almost certainly gone now but next season will be a different kettle of fish entirely.

Never write off Rangers.

Shock results? You reckon?

After the displays against Stranraer, Hearts and St Mirren, some of us could actually see that we would struggle against the likes of Aberdeen, Hibs and Kilmarnock..

Even though we won the St Mirren and Hibs games, we were still rotten..

Shock results? You reckon?

After the displays against Stranraer, Hearts and St Mirren, some of us could actually see that we would struggle against the likes of Aberdeen, Hibs and Kilmarnock..

Even though we won the St Mirren and Hibs games, we were still rotten..

Struggle, yes. No one expected us to go out and play like Barcelona last night. But most would have expected us to win, albeit win ugly.

I’m not sure if the current board can do it without major investment.

We’re not going to win the league in any case with the sort of refereeing we’ve seen over the past couple of seasons.

By and large the support doesn’t realise the damage wreaked by Murray.

This.

Sometimes on here it feels like we are acting like this is Rangers of Advocaat, McLeish or Smith that we are watching. Where the tims are going good and spending well but we can still match them and better them over a 38 game league campaign.

The truth right now is that were are waiting and hoping that they will make a mess of their season and we can come in and almost win the league by default.

I know people hate to see these "look at where we were X years ago" posts but that situation cannot be ignored and we might never be able to get over it.

Eventually the tims will overtake us on number of titles won and nobody knows how long this consecutive run will last and it all reaches back to Murray.

Supporting the team has to mean more than just demanding success.

It's fine to hope we can win the league. Fine to even rationally think we can do it.
Expecting it is a bit delusional and demanding it is completely insane and unreasonable.

We are closer and we will continue to edge closer, fall away and get closer again but it's anyone's guess as to when we will actually succeed.

10iar is a certainty for them now and we should accept it or it will hurt way more.

Haha. How does that work?

I'm all for being realistic but what's the point in even supporting a football team if your approach is "ach I just accept we will lose so that it doesn't hurt when we do"?

Is the opposite true? If you accept we will lose does it feel even better if we win?

I still don’t think the majority realise what the events of 2012 did to us.

Gerrard will go in my view after they do their ten next Summer, but that probably won’t solve our woes.

Our problems run through the club from top to bottom. Financially they’ve left us behind even when they don’t make the Champions League they can sell assets to pull away. and PR wise we’re not even in their league.

Even our stadium is looking dated compared to what they’ve been able to do around theirs thanks to their pals at the council. They also have a standing area and a larger capacity.

For whatever reason we are okay with being a punching bag for officials, so that’s not helping either.

2012 gutted our club, and those thinking “oh it will be our turn soon” don’t seem to appreciate the damage was unprecedented. Even now the way Ashley has us under his thumb just serves to remind us where we are.

This board are well intentioned, but they don’t have the football expertise or money to rebuild us. The managerial appointments they have made have only added to our problems.

No white knight is coming to save us, I think sadly this is the new normal for a longtime to come.

I of course hope I’m wrong, but I’m buckling myself in for more of the same.

Last edited:
Haha. How does that work?

I'm all for being realistic but what's the point in even supporting a football team if your approach is "ach I just accept we will lose so that it doesn't hurt when we do"?

Is the opposite true? If you accept we will lose does it feel even better if we win?

Strange mentality from one of us, even after last nights debacle...

Aimed at the quote, not you mate

I’m beat. Can’t see us winning it any time soon. Seasons done all we can maybe look forward to is a meaningless cup.
It’s not really a meaningless cup though! For me it’s massive. Winning that stops their quadruple treble and also gives our players that haven’t won anything a taste of success and hopefully instill a winning mentality in them. Something I hoped winning the league cup would do but sadly it wasn’t to be.

However many they win they have only achieved the minimum expected from a club with massive advantages in terms of expenditure, favourable officiating, positive media, State-aid and political clout. We are still massive underdogs and have done well to improve against substantial odds.

They will celebrate like teenage girls at a concert and the media in Scotland will fawn over them but any right-thinking football fan, let alone Bears, will know that the 'achievement' is tainted at best and arguably meaningless.

Nonsense.

No one expected us to drop points in these last few weeks. Everyone thought we would kick on after beating them at the Piggery and - once we'd played our game in hand - go top of the table.

You make out as if everyone knew we would get beat by Hearts, draw with Aberdeen and get beat by Kilmarnock. They didn't. These were shock results.

This season has almost certainly gone now but next season will be a different kettle of fish entirely.

Never write off Rangers.
Agreed, people are obsessed with the tiar thing which is tainted anyway as we were down the leagues. We always knew this would be a slow burner and we are not finished by any manner of means,maybe in terms of this season it is,but never say die and that has to be the attitude we take on board every time we take to the field.

Nonsense.

Never write off Rangers.

I suspect that if the scum get 9 they will use their reserves to basically buy 10. We had a brilliant oppertunity to stop them this season and sadly we may have fvcked up big time.:mad:

We come back because at the beginning of every season everyone is back on 0 points.

There were Mhanks during the early to mid 90s who never thought their team would win the league again, but they did. And so will we.
It was never ever going to be a 2 season fix with Gerrard.The board must continue to provide funds for the squad to become stronger.Better players have to be purchased year on year.Stick with the manager he will catch them.

They wanted us dead and buried but have got the next best thing with us being hamstrung for years. We simply don’t have the required strength in depth in the squad which Rangers must have in order to handle everything that Scottish football throws at us.

Even if the refereeing wasn’t as dire as it clearly is we’d still have a problem being totally honest because of the personnel which really only has Davis and McGregor who have won anything, our midfield is not dynamic and threatening enough, that’s plain to see and maybe that’s down to us only playing the one way which has been well and truly sussed out by the opposition in the diddy 4 games at LEAST bum set up SPfL.

I suspect Dave King’s tearful speech at the AGM had just as much to do with with knowing these things and that we’re ultimately still not strong enough over a season to win the league as well as showing visible signs of the strain and immense pressure from trying to sort out the mess we’ve been left in and with some knowledge of how it all came about.

I still don’t think the majority realise what the events of 2012 did to us.

Gerrard will go in my view after they do their ten next Summer, but that probably won’t solve our woes.

Our problems run through the club from top to bottom. Financially they’ve left us behind even when they don’t make the Champions League They can sell assets to pull away. and PR wise we’re not even in their league.

Even our stadium is looking dated compared to what they’ve been able to do around theirs thanks to their pals at the council. They also have a standing area and a larger capacity.

For whatever reason we are okay with being a punching bag for officials, so that’s not helping either.

2012 gutted our club, and those thinking “oh it will be our turn soon” don’t seem to appreciate the damage was unprecedented. Even now the way Ashley has us under his thumb just serves to remind us where we are.

This board are well intentioned, but they don’t have the football expertise or money to rebuild us. The managerial appointments they have made have only added to our problems.

No white knight is coming to save us, I think sadly this is the new normal for a longtime to come.

I of course hope I’m wrong, but I’m buckling myself in for more of the same.
Grim read that mate, but you make some very good points

I’m beat. Can’t see us winning it any time soon. Seasons done all we can maybe look forward to is a meaningless cup.

Naebody, not even white needs to tell any of us on here what the implications of not moving forward from the 29th December has impacted on our season.

Single reason same as the last league we lost was the inability of players to keep up the momentum and have shirked away from responsibility to improve further which has been a major shock and disappointment to all of our support.

We have seen us fail to take the mantle of win,win,win to a deplorable exhibition of play in which all the good work has gone fuukin pearshaped.

And it may not be done yet, although nae one will fight like fuuk against the Micks so it looks like all other teams have resigned to seeing them get even further success at their own doing.

Other than us imploding Scottish fitbaw has a big, big problem.

7 weeks ago I would have said yeah we're catching up, now I'm not to sure, that display in the second half was shocking, Killie looked as if they had players that were worth millions.
If Celtc win 10 I'm sure they will win 11 after that who knows?

I don't think accept it as such, but I think we need to concentrate on our own club, strategy and off the field performance than worry about they fucking idiots.

I don’t care how many trophies Celtic win. They are always going to be manky, morally bankrupt bastards. Always have been, always will be.

Rangers will come back, I just hoped it was going to be a lot sooner than it looks like it might be now.

Back