Jimmy Bell - The kit man who doesn't like giving out kit

yes mate I can

no way did Jimmy let Amo play in green boots but threw out his green running shoes
Isnt there a story where Advocatt walked in the dressing room and Amo and Gatutso hid their green boots under a bench?
Im sure if Jimmy took someones boots just before KO Jimmy would have been in bother.

Remember though, these stories are just banter fro inside Ibrox

Isnt there a story where Advocatt walked in the dressing room and Amo and Gatutso hid their green boots under a bench?
Im sure if Jimmy took someones boots just before KO Jimmy would have been in bother.

Remember though, these stories are just banter fro inside Ibrox

Advocaat banned white boots.

I think Amo said that Amato had a deal with Adidas to wear white ones and Rangers had to basically pay Amato the money he'd have lost from the deal.

Advocaat banned white boots.

I think Amo said that Amato had a deal with Adidas to wear white ones and Rangers had to basically pay Amato the money he'd have lost from the deal.
Amazingly stupid just let him wear the white boots haha

Good reading.
Although I did notice that Mr Bell was wearing adidas trainers at the game versus the jute riff raff.
A loss of staunch points but not a visit from the staunch police.:))

Some feckers think the stores are there for their benefit!
If we gave stuff out, there's be nothing left and we'd have to reorder!
(20 years an offshore storeman)

Spoken like a true storeman :))

The gaffer always gets what he wants though so it’s all good for me :))

Some feckers think the stores are there for their benefit!
If we gave stuff out, there's be nothing left and we'd have to reorder!
(20 years an offshore storeman)
Give stuff out and have to reorder when empty of stock isn't that the definition of being a storeman.

Is the lad who does this site a Bear, is that why he gets pushed on here? If so I’ll probably subscribe

Is the lad who does this site a Bear, is that why he gets pushed on here? If so I’ll probably subscribe
He is a bear but the whole Athletic set up is excellent, especially if you like a few other sports. Well worth the subscription especially at £1 for 12 months.

the site has people covering all the major teams, Jordan Campbell is their Rangers correspondent and does excellent work.

I have only met Jimmy Bell once, was at Tannadice the day we clinched the title in 1990.

We went up early to buy tickets for the home end and as the gates were wide open, we were walking about the pitch as if we were going to be playing that day.

Out comes Jimmy Bell and we fully expected to be chased for being chancing teenagers, but he stood and chatted away with us in the centre of the pitch.

Last edited:
I’ve read loads of stories about Barca, Milan. Madrid and visited their stadiums. It’s accepted that everyone in their inner circle is 100% steeped in their club. Guys like Jimmy are absolutely essential to football clubs. I’ve never met him, but i know me and him would get along just fine.

Would anyone recommend a sub to the Athletic?

Jordan does a couple of in-depth articles every week and seems to have a good relationship with the club therefore access to interview current and ex players on occasion. Brilliant content. More analytical features than your clickbait rubbish you’d get in the Daily Record, The Sun etc. He hosts post-match discussions, sometimes does Rangers forum discussions during the week etc.

The app is brilliant too. I follow the Premier League, La Liga, the Bundesliga and Fantasy Football. There’s dozens of articles every day to get through, brilliant podcasts, all the best football writers are on it now.

Well worth the £1.30 a month I spent. And no I am not Jordan :D

Back