João Pedro: 17 y/o Fluminense Striker

Drgriffen

You’re should be contacting the club with a few prospects to scout

You might help identify a gem or two

At least you have some me intel to pursue

I doubt we'll be looking in this market for a while. I'll fully admit I'm biased in that I would love to see us look at players in Uruguay, Paraguay, Ecuador etc.........but finding a gem comes with risks (and costs). I don't think we are in that place, yet.

Be assured, though, if they need to get in touch they know how to. :)

I doubt we'll be looking in this market for a while. I'll fully admit I'm biased in that I would love to see us look at players in Uruguay, Paraguay, Ecuador etc.........but finding a gem comes with risks (and costs). I don't think we are in that place, yet.

Be assured, though, if they need to get in touch they know how to. :)
I would imagine that any players from that region wouldn’t be gave a work permit anyway.

Agreed.

I was raving about Musso and Pussetto for ages. I could have seen the latter doing a real turn for us.

Yeah, I think he’ll be a really good player and that’s a good place to develop.

I’d really like to think we’ll start looking at the SA markets sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE]

I would imagine that any players from that region wouldn’t be gave a work permit anyway.
It would certainly be more difficult, but many south American players also hold joint European passports so that might make it a bit easier

How did they get a work permit for him?

Easiest thing would be to get an appeal, then get information on players in his age bracket and show that he is more talented and not taking a place from them.

I’m sure some Tim on the appeal panel when we signed Coulibaly tried to knock us back as he felt we should sign McGinn instead.

A lot of Brazilian players have European heritage ie Italian and German and Portugal ( obviously)so they qualify for EU citizenship, I know with Italy if they have Italian grandparents etc its guaranteed

Watford seem to have a good presence in SA for scouting young players, they have a young Colombian chap on loan in La Liga who has impressed, winger i think cant recall his name.

According to the report in Globo, there is a clause in the pre-contract deal with Watford which, to cut a long story short, means another club can pay a fee to Watford via Fluminense, to break it. But that would mean he'd cost a fair amount for a young player.

Back