Jock Stein signed autographs for Jim Torbett after sacking

The man who knew too much.
Large John.
Signed autographs in the presence of a man he knew was a beast.
Turned a blind eye for a brown envelope.
The scum seen fit to erect a statue of this man outside the chamber of secrets.
Their only defence is separate entity.
Their only hope is the SNP protecting them.
Shame on them all.
Chamber of secrets??? More like CHAMBER OF HORRORS.

https://apple.news/A23HXl3dQTlaFtkENBm2C1g

Jock Stein signed autographs at a business run by Jim Torbett a decade after he kicked him out of Celtic Boys Club for molesting boys.

The football manager granted permission for Torbett to start the feeder club in 1966, but dismissed him eight years later after hearing about allegations of abuse.

However, in March 1984 The Glasgow Evening Times reported that Stein, manager of Scotland at the time, would be making a “personal appearance” at a branch of Torbett’s Trophy Centre on Kilmarnock Road in Glasgow.

Kevin Kelly, the Celtic FC chairman between 1991 and 1994, was a director of the Trophy Centre from 1989 until 2005, long after Torbett was first convicted and jailed. Mr Kelly and Jack McGinn, another former Celtic FC chairman who was also employed at the Trophy Centre, both strongly deny having any previous knowledge of Torbett’s offending.

Gerald King, a former Celtic Boys Club chairman who was convicted of abusing children in 2018, also had a job at the centre. Celtic FC had a long-term deal with the firm, reported to be worth £250,000 a year, which did not end until 2002.

At that time the club said: “Celtic had a long-term contractual obligation with the Trophy Centre. This has now lapsed.”

Torbett resigned as director of the centre in 2000 but it is not known when he left his position with Celtic FC’s retail arm.

In 2018 the High Court in Glasgow heard that one of his victims, now aged 37, was abused at Trophy Centre premises in the Pollokshaws area of the city.
Let’s see them hide this scum.

Ran him out of paradise don’t ya know!Fu*king liars everyone of them.Large John was aware.He was up to his fat jowls in it.Protected and hid these cun*s atrocities.Guilty as them and in any civilised world he would be named and shamed along with the scumbags that done it.This country makes me sick.Journalists(I know I know) protect them as well.As guilty as the rest.
So much for a free press (only when it suits them)

Imagine being a journalist looking in on this thread (as we all know they do) and seeing the atrocities that a group of determined individuals are investigating. And the journalist is seeing that more and more that is coming out every day about the CSA at Parkhead. How do they sleep at night?

Last edited:
I think it was a Times journalist who exposed the cover up of the Asian rape gangs, I don't think they will let this slide, such a pity no Scottish, journalist, no laughing at the back, will take up the story.

"Then dismissed him 8 years later" Under what law have you ever been able to sack someone who doesn't work for you??

Perhaps the lie is Big Jock did f'all and the story was used as a cover to appear that they did something about it.

Celtic FC had a long-term deal with the firm, reported to be worth £250,000 a year, which did not end until 2002.

£250k A YEAR!.... for trophies? Were they diamond encrusted ffs? Sounds like hush money to me.....
Was thinking the exact same reading this.... crazy money doesn't sit

As an aside, was Ba' face Stein not shagging Alex Cameron's wife? I seem to remember this being mentioned on here previously.
I also remember reading about him dropping Ally Brazil (not the talk sport alky) for not sharing a racing tip with him.
Quite the paragon of virtue was Large John.

As an aside, was Ba' face Stein not shagging Alex Cameron's wife? I seem to remember this being mentioned on here previously.
I also remember reading about him dropping Ally Brazil (not the talk sport alky) for not sharing a racing tip with him.
Quite the paragon of virtue was Large John.
Yes he was. And it was the talk sport Brazil who got dropped.I'm sure he was involved with George Connellys
"family life" too.

Large John was aware of what went on yet still went to trophy centre.

Maybe 50 quid in it for him.

A web of beasts and liars.
Charlie Nicholas also mentioned prior to the World Cup in 1982 Baw Face signed a deal without telling the players with Tetley for player images to appear on teabag boxes as a special WC edition. It was only announced after the deal had been done, senior players (especially Dalglish and Souness) were unhappy. Nicholas said he sat in silence as he was only just in the squad but it appears even he knew then that Baw Face liked money.

Back