Jock Wallace Seville

WilkinsBullet

On the spiritual side of our run much has been said about Walter Smith and Jimmy Bell. Let's also remember that Jock Wallace used to manage Sevilla in that very stadium we will play on Wednesday. I'm sure he will be pacing that technical area come Wednesday too. For sure Jock has already sprayed the Battle fever in the Sevilla air. Though I know it's been done many a time seems an appropriate moment for memories of Jock. Mine as a 12 year old kid was to have been given a personal private tour of Ibrox with him. Absolutely went out of his way for me and my father.

Jock Wallace going to Seville led to a skit that has stuck with me ever since. It was probably from the “only an excuse” team, I can’t remember exactly, but it went like this..
“Jock, you have just joined Seville as their new manager, what made you pick Seville?”
“Well son, this was the only place in Spain I knew I could find 11 Orange men.”
A shitée joke, but it made me laugh.
We played Seville a few years back, and their coach had worked under Jock, and he said it was a privilege to visit Ibrox, because everyday Jock would talk about Rangers.
Let’s get the battle fever on!

Not to mention the UK finishing second in Eurovision which we did in 1972 as happened on Saturday.Clear omens.
And the winner that year was from Luxembourg which was the start of our reintegration into European football.

And the final was in embra

On the spiritual side of our run much has been said about Walter Smith and Jimmy Bell. Let's also remember that Jock Wallace used to manage Sevilla in that very stadium we will play on Wednesday. I'm sure he will be pacing that technical area come Wednesday too. For sure Jock has already sprayed the Battle fever in the Sevilla air. Though I know it's been done many a time seems an appropriate moment for memories of Jock. Mine as a 12 year old kid was to have been given a personal private tour of Ibrox with him. Absolutely went out of his way for me and my father.
Very similar. Shown round the trophy room at 11 years old with my dad, uncle and cousins by the great man.

The Sheriff of Sevilla

2_Screen-Shot-2019-01-04-at-162424.png

This threads got me thinking, surely the Union Bears must give the 'We've got the battle fever on' banner an airing on Wednesday night. Surely a great omen.

Jock Wallace going to Seville led to a skit that has stuck with me ever since. It was probably from the “only an excuse” team, I can’t remember exactly, but it went like this..
“Jock, you have just joined Seville as their new manager, what made you pick Seville?”
“Well son, this was the only place in Spain I knew I could find 11 Orange men.”
A shitée joke, but it made me laugh.
We played Seville a few years back, and their coach had worked under Jock, and he said it was a privilege to visit Ibrox, because everyday Jock would talk about Rangers.
Let’s get the battle fever on!
I can’t remember the coaches name , but he sang Jock Wallace’s praises , unprompted , basically saying about insisting on honesty & integrity & such values when they had largely disappeared from Spanish football.

Reactions: TQ3
When Wallace was sacked, a few days before the 1987-88 season began, McMinn met him for a beer. He was of a mind to leave Spain. His mentor was gone and he now had nobody to talk to. He was lonely enough but with Jock off the scene he could see no future at Sevilla. "I thought everything had gone to pieces. 'What's the point in me being here?' I came over for Jock. He said, 'You have to keep on going, you cannae pack it in because of me. If you walk away now you'll be a failure'. We had a few beers and he strolled (home] and as he was walking down the street I could hear him whistling 'Follow Follow'. You could take the boy out of Glasgow, but you can't take Glasgow out of the boy."

When Wallace was sacked, a few days before the 1987-88 season began, McMinn met him for a beer. He was of a mind to leave Spain. His mentor was gone and he now had nobody to talk to. He was lonely enough but with Jock off the scene he could see no future at Sevilla. "I thought everything had gone to pieces. 'What's the point in me being here?' I came over for Jock. He said, 'You have to keep on going, you cannae pack it in because of me. If you walk away now you'll be a failure'. We had a few beers and he strolled (home] and as he was walking down the street I could hear him whistling 'Follow Follow'. You could take the boy out of Glasgow, but you can't take Glasgow out of the boy."

Greetin.

I met the great man ahead of an Aberdeen v Rangers game when I was staying in same hotel as the team the night before the game. Had quite a long chat with him after the players had gone to their rooms. He was very approachable, but quite intimidating!!

Back