Joe Aribo Appreciation Thread

Bluetou

He is still young and will make mistakes but some of his first touches and control are superb ! A lot of the time i think we play him in the wrong position, i think he is better playing a little deeper.

NDC bear forever

Love him! He’s been on a rough patch since January (who hasn’t?) but I’ve always maintained he’ll be fantastic for us. Love watching the ball just stick to his feet

Art Freeman

With the tenacity he showed on the byline to win and keep the ball, then the one two followed by the dribble and shot, l honestly thought he had been taken over by the feet of Maradona.

Est1872

When he's on the ball, he's on the go
Our number 17 he is Joe Aribo
He'll cut inside, he'll score a goal
He's fucking dynamite and he'll put on a show

Porrohman

hes a great talent and has everything in his locker to be a fantastic footballer, scottish football however is full of hammer throwing thugs

AriseSirWalter

Cracking player. Given time and support he’ll hopefully fulfil his potential with us. So pleased for him with his goal.

Gerrard’s comment after the game ‘I’ll have a bit of Joe Aribo wherever i go’ was interesting. Anyone care to comment on what they think it means? Is it the first sign he’s thinking of life after Ibrox or am I reading too much into it?

T9 Row

Cracking player. Given time and support he’ll hopefully fulfil his potential with us. So pleased for him with his goal.

Gerrard’s comment after the game ‘I’ll have a bit of Joe Aribo wherever i go’ was interesting. Anyone care to comment on what they think it means? Is it the first sign he’s thinking of life after Ibrox or am I reading too much into it?
Yes picked up on that too, l think Gerrard was just highlighting how much he rates him and we as a support should not be getting on his back . He rates him highly and was backing him to the hilt with his comment.

DiegoRoll'n'Donner

I think so. But the decision to play him at left back was a blinder.

Taking Kent off and having 4/5 direct attacking minded players is what broke the Portugeezers

Grigo Yossarian

Love him! He’s been on a rough patch since January (who hasn’t?) but I’ve always maintained he’ll be fantastic for us. Love watching the ball just stick to his feet
Me too NDC. Joe has so much talent it’s untrue.

He will be a great player once he fully settles down in our ‘culture’.

Hes 23 and already has so many goals & assists for being basically a midfielder & he does some things at times that are just WOW !

I wish people would show patience towards him because he will reward them.

GR4VXR_Si

His ability has never been in doubt. We have seen in glimpses what he is capable of but that’s been most supporters concerns - his inconsistency.

It’s to be expected though due to his age.

True Blue

He's a fantastic talent for sure. Love to see him running with ball and his goal last night was exceptional.
When he can perform like this consistently and maybe add a shade more intensity to his game at times, then he will be some player.
A young guy still learning the game and dealing with the pressure of playing for us.

AriseSirWalter

Yes picked up on that too, l think Gerrard was just highlighting how much he rates him and we as a support should not be getting on his back . He rates him highly and was backing him to the hilt with his comment.
Yeah I think you’re right, probably just a show of how much he rates Aribo rather than him thinking about exit.

Thebearman

It's a massive step up from Charlton. He's young, we've maybe not found how to get the best of him on a consistent basis yet but we've a real talent on our hands.

Going to be a big player for us

NDC bear forever

Me too NDC. Joe has so much talent it’s untrue.

He will be a great player once he fully settles down in our ‘culture’.

Hes 23 and already has so many goals & assists for being basically a midfielder & he does some things at times that are just WOW !

I wish people would show patience towards him because he will reward them.
Such an exciting player to watch, some of the stuff he does with a ball is outstanding. Happy he is one of us as I’d imagine he’d be a pain to play against!

bluesith

This is the first season my wee boy really has started watching every game start to finish . I went to watch him play in his school team and his teammates were calling him haribo . So I asked , do you kid on your Joe Aribo on the playground . Yup he answered. Proud moment . So last night was a hell of a dance and celebration . Cheers Joe

yardie

'Aribo Golden Bear mixing it with his fellow mix of stars of Ibrox.

There's a sponsorship opportunity in there somewhere.

Gaz

Feckin love him and his inspector gadget feet that grab every ball close to him! How the feck does he do that time after time? As Stevie G says, will take time, but we have an exciting gem of a player here.