Joe Aribo Appreciation Thread

He is still young and will make mistakes but some of his first touches and control are superb ! A lot of the time i think we play him in the wrong position, i think he is better playing a little deeper.

With the tenacity he showed on the byline to win and keep the ball, then the one two followed by the dribble and shot, l honestly thought he had been taken over by the feet of Maradona.

When he's on the ball, he's on the go
Our number 17 he is Joe Aribo
He'll cut inside, he'll score a goal
He's fucking dynamite and he'll put on a show

hes a great talent and has everything in his locker to be a fantastic footballer, scottish football however is full of hammer throwing thugs

Cracking player. Given time and support he’ll hopefully fulfil his potential with us. So pleased for him with his goal.

Gerrard’s comment after the game ‘I’ll have a bit of Joe Aribo wherever i go’ was interesting. Anyone care to comment on what they think it means? Is it the first sign he’s thinking of life after Ibrox or am I reading too much into it?

Cracking player. Given time and support he’ll hopefully fulfil his potential with us. So pleased for him with his goal.

Gerrard’s comment after the game ‘I’ll have a bit of Joe Aribo wherever i go’ was interesting. Anyone care to comment on what they think it means? Is it the first sign he’s thinking of life after Ibrox or am I reading too much into it?
Yes picked up on that too, l think Gerrard was just highlighting how much he rates him and we as a support should not be getting on his back . He rates him highly and was backing him to the hilt with his comment.

I think so. But the decision to play him at left back was a blinder.

Taking Kent off and having 4/5 direct attacking minded players is what broke the Portugeezers

Love him! He’s been on a rough patch since January (who hasn’t?) but I’ve always maintained he’ll be fantastic for us. Love watching the ball just stick to his feet

Me too NDC. Joe has so much talent it’s untrue.

He will be a great player once he fully settles down in our ‘culture’.

Hes 23 and already has so many goals & assists for being basically a midfielder & he does some things at times that are just WOW !

I wish people would show patience towards him because he will reward them.

His ability has never been in doubt. We have seen in glimpses what he is capable of but that’s been most supporters concerns - his inconsistency.

It’s to be expected though due to his age.

He's a fantastic talent for sure. Love to see him running with ball and his goal last night was exceptional.
When he can perform like this consistently and maybe add a shade more intensity to his game at times, then he will be some player.
A young guy still learning the game and dealing with the pressure of playing for us.

Yes picked up on that too, l think Gerrard was just highlighting how much he rates him and we as a support should not be getting on his back . He rates him highly and was backing him to the hilt with his comment.

Yeah I think you’re right, probably just a show of how much he rates Aribo rather than him thinking about exit.

It's a massive step up from Charlton. He's young, we've maybe not found how to get the best of him on a consistent basis yet but we've a real talent on our hands.

Going to be a big player for us

Me too NDC. Joe has so much talent it’s untrue.

He will be a great player once he fully settles down in our ‘culture’.

Hes 23 and already has so many goals & assists for being basically a midfielder & he does some things at times that are just WOW !

I wish people would show patience towards him because he will reward them.
Such an exciting player to watch, some of the stuff he does with a ball is outstanding. Happy he is one of us as I’d imagine he’d be a pain to play against!

This is the first season my wee boy really has started watching every game start to finish . I went to watch him play in his school team and his teammates were calling him haribo . So I asked , do you kid on your Joe Aribo on the playground . Yup he answered. Proud moment . So last night was a hell of a dance and celebration . Cheers Joe

'Aribo Golden Bear mixing it with his fellow mix of stars of Ibrox.

There's a sponsorship opportunity in there somewhere.

Feckin love him and his inspector gadget feet that grab every ball close to him! How the feck does he do that time after time? As Stevie G says, will take time, but we have an exciting gem of a player here.

Never been glad before to be proved wrong before. What a difference he made when he came on and took his goal well. Great to see him turn it around and hats off to the guy.

There’s a player in there, and last night showed what he’s got in there, yes he young and he’s got the ability to be great player. However like great Pros he’s got to be consistent on end product.

The big man has outstanding talent, Well done Joe Aribo.

Wonder if Lee Bowyer still thinks it was the wrong move for Joe to leave Charlton for Rangers????

I know he can be quiet at times, but there’s already been several occasions where the big man has displayed serious technical ability. I mean some truly outstanding close control dribbling and first touches. The first touch he took at the piggery when the ball was coming over his head from about 40 yards was the kind of touch you usually only see if you’re watching Barca/Madrid/City/Liverpool/Juve etc.

Saturday morning 7.39 and I'm supposed to be at work 10 minutes ago but still in my house watching Joe's goal with different language commentaries.
Davie Cooperesque? Nearly, as Davie would have passed it.
What
a
f**king
goal.

We've a lot of young men with a lot of talent in the squad.
They'll become better and more consistent.
If we can keep these lads together for a few years we could have something special.

So when are we gonna start singing a song for him ?

ARIBO
ARIBO
ARIBO
ARIBO

He is A - Awesome
He is R - Really Brilliant
He is I - Individualist
He is B - Big & Classy

He is O O O
He already has a song that's been getting sung for a while at games.
Anybody have the words and a video of it?
It sounded good on tv after he scored the other night and after his goal at tynecastle.

Back