Joe Aribo called up to Nigeria squad

Much as this is good news for the lad I hope it doesn’t get to the point we lose him for crucial periods of the season for daft African international fixtures .

Is there not an African Nations tourney played each January/February that means a fair number of EPL clubs lose their top players for these important months???

Why do folk get annoyed about what Lee Bowyer said?

He was merely pissed that Charlton got a token fee for Joe because he moved to Scotland. Had he moved to another club in England, Charlton would have raked in a fair few £million.

Bowyer seen any future transfer budget disappear in an instant.

I can get why he was pissed off and desparate to encourage Joe to stay down south.
He disrespected our club, something you just don’t do

Well done to the lad, it’s always good our players get international recognition. But like others I’m obviously concerned if he makes the squad for the African cup of Nations as it rules him out for 6 weeks. The only upside is that 3 of those weeks we have a winter shutdown and another it’s the first round of the Scottish cup when we will hopefully draw diddies and not need him.

He was merely pissed that Charlton got a token fee for Joe because he moved to Scotland. Had he moved to another club in England, Charlton would have raked in a fair few £million.

I can get why he was pissed off and desparate to encourage Joe to stay down south.

People got annoyed at Lee Bowyer because Lee Bowyer is a no mark arsehole

Great news. Another player who will only get better and better for us under Gerrard. Exiting player, love watching him.

Going to be great to see the big man strutting his stuff for the Super Eagles!

I would rather he didn't play for them as he'll end up in the running for the Africa Cup matches. That cost us dearly when we had Bougherra all those years ago.

so he should have just came out and said that then, not the pish about brentford being better for his development.

Did it? Bougherra won the league every season he was here.

He was late in returning to Ibrox from 3 of Algeria's fixtures in 2009 and missed important games. He totally pissed off Walter as a result. I thought Boogie was a great player but he did have a shift in attitude after being away with Algeria.

You’re fucking your career here with all this European and International football son.
TysMvfQ.gif

Developing young talent and giving them the platform to be internationalists is the way forward.

He was late in returning to Ibrox from 3 of Algeria's fixtures in 2009 and missed important games. He totally pissed off Walter as a result. I thought Boogie was a great player but he did have a shift in attitude after being away with Algeria.
As much as bougherra was a good player for us, those incidents are more of a reflection on him as a person than the travelling imo. How many other African players have the same issues with repeatedly returning late? More so players for Aus/NZ etc. Very few if any! Joe Aribo getting capped will boost his transfer value significantly.

Just seen a Charlton fan say this about Joe's move to Rangers

"I don't even pretend not to be bitter about Aribo, not because he left us. But the fact he went to a club that i'm fairly confident we would beat. Backwards move for him, wish he would've gone to Saints, Villa etc. "

hahahaha, we would pump Charlton rotten man. Lower league English football fans have got to be the most deluded going

Is there not an African Nations tourney played each January/February that means a fair number of EPL clubs lose their top players for these important months???
The African cup of Nations was played this past summer.

I'm staggered anyone who considers themself a football fan missed it

Back