Joe Aribo has not turned down a new Rangers contract

Not much we can do as a club if that’s his release clause. It was maybe the only way he would sign his last contract. He will be missed and we had better bring in a good replacement with the fee we are getting. Good luck to Joe he’s been a very good player for us. I hope he plays really well at Southampton

Just got to make sure spend the cash well no feck ups new deals for Morelos and Kent get the Croatian striker , a quality right winger and centre mid in and we will be sorted just don’t lose any one else

Ross Wilson is a patter merchant, consistently on record telling us how comfortable the club are with current player contracts - we could lose Morelos, Kent, Aribo and Kamara for free they hold all the aces.

I don’t see Southampton paying 10 million, all interested parties might sit tight.

Contractual renewals have actually been poor.

8 hours since it was untrue that he’ll be leaving, what an incredible turn of events :rolleyes:
To be fair to Suck he didn’t say he wasn’t leaving - only that he hadn’t turned down a contract. Pedantic, I know.

It may well be that the player himself didn’t want it put about that he was being difficult and refusing contract offers when, it appears, he was pushing for the parting to be ‘amicable’.

"Aribo is known to have thoroughly enjoyed his time at Rangers and while his preference is a move south of the border and to play Premier League football, he wants the situation to be dealt with amicably.”

Pardon my post long shift fried brain, but is Sky saying that it’ll be a maximum of £10m if he ticks performance criteria boxes?

Or is it £10m and then performance add ons?

To be fair to Suck he didn’t say he wasn’t leaving - only that he hadn’t turned down a contract. Pedantic, I know.

It may well be that the player himself didn’t want it put about that he was being difficult and refusing contract offers when, it appears, he was pushing for the parting to be ‘amicable’.

"Aribo is known to have thoroughly enjoyed his time at Rangers and while his preference is a move south of the border and to play Premier League football, he wants the situation to be dealt with amicably.”
It was obvious it was to try and shut down speculation about him leaving and to one up the press, it's not the first time.

With all due respect mate, his post includes ‘turned down a Rangers contract and will be leaving…it’s untrue’, deliberately misleading as he was on his way out the door, Football Scotland were bang on with it and it was clearly just an attempt to pretend nobody outside the club knows anything.

When in reality we’d rather just be told the truth than mess around with half stories mixed with cryptic sentences.

He will be a stud in the Premier League. Of that I have no doubt. Obviously would love to have him back here, but is what it is. Good luck Joe and we need to use some of that money to improve ourselves.

Club obviously using fan media like Pravda.

Aribo would be the one I'd keep if given the choice tbh over Kent and Morelos, he really stood up at the end of season for us and was our best player IMO.

Sad to see him go, been a pretty worrying transfer window so far tbh.

Ross Wilson is a patter merchant, consistently on record telling us how comfortable the club are with current player contracts - we could lose Morelos, Kent, Aribo and Kamara for free they hold all the aces.

I don’t see Southampton paying 10 million, all interested parties might sit tight.

So we’re now criticising Wilson on imaginary scenarios made up in our heads?

Lowry, King, Goldson, Kamara, beg to differ.

We are obviously in dialogue with Kent & Morelos. Aribo clearly leaving.

Not sure what the panic is?

Don’t know how the fan media expect us to take what they say seriously when it’s clearly nonsense being spun.
Always has and always will be what the club tell them to spin.

Its all part of the softening up thats went on the last week or so regarding expected bid value, now he didnt knock back a deal and then all of a sudden Aribo is away.

Fan media should probably be paid by the club for doing what they want.

When something is leaked to fan media you can generally know its to make something bad have a soft landing or to fight back when someone has the audacity to say something bad about the board (like the speed of light those responses).

Be a long time before we lose Kamara on a free, with us tying him down on a new contract last season!! Unless I've missed something!!?

Lose a starting 11 player with not one signing in the door ?
What if his replacement is already here?

Surely signing a like for like in every situation would just block pathways, when we will potential replacements already here.

Surely signing a like for like in every situation would just block pathways, when we will potential replacements already here.

Who is your replacement then?

Lowry? Way too soon for him to take that kind of pressure on his shoulders.

Hagi? Seemingly not going to be available any time soon.

Who else is there in the squad who can play that role? I’m all for giving youth a chance but to expect in someone like Lowry an unproven kid to step into a key 25 year old international player’s boots is a tall order to say the least.

Who else is there in the squad who can play that role? I’m all for giving youth a chance but to expect in someone like Lowry an unproven kid to step into a key 25 year old international player’s boots is a tall order to say the least.
Just replace him with another 25 year old internationalist then?

Consign every youth player to "too risky"?

We have banked some serious cash over the last year if this goes through

Remember we over shot in Europe the last 2 seasons along with the player sales and the Gerrard compo

Serious questions need answered imo

Probably been leaked so people dont turn on JA for turning down a contract, that he wasnt offered.

Lowry is a potential replacement for Aribo and before anyone gets all ragey Bassey wouldnt have been considered our first choice centre half or left back at the start of last season either.

Talent that needs protected to ensure the potential we see flourishes

Who in the squad is good enough to replicate what Aribo has given us on a consistent basis?

I’m not as pessimistic as some about Aribo leaving but if we’re not signing someone to replace him, alarm bells will be ringing

Don’t know how the fan media expect us to take what they say seriously when it’s clearly nonsense being spun.
It's one of the downsides of fan media.

I don't think traditional media are worth it when they're always anti-rangers slanted. But fan media isn't the answer either. At that point the club may aswell just come out and say it themselves instead of going through a middleman.

Was the same thing with Gerrard leaving too.

I’ve been very vocal in the past year about not rushing Lowry, tempering expectations.

However, I’m never in favour of signing players just to fill the void of an injured player. Especially when we have a very good 23 year old number 10, and a very promising 19 year old number 10 that everyone is raving about.

The alternative is to sign someone, Hagi comes back and then we have three number 10s vying for one spot.

Lowry is more than capable of playing against the lower league teams, Kent can fill in when needed, we can go with a flat three in the midfield against the tougher sides.

I see no point in signing another player to block the pathway, for our ‘model’ to work as it should, we should be thinking long term.

Which is why I’ve been pretty skeptical about this ‘model’ working at Rangers. The replacements for outgoing players aren’t likely to be at the same level in the short term, but may surpass them long term.

(Should add, I love a signing so if they sign a replacement then I’d be totally fine with it. Just my thoughts!)

Who in the squad is good enough to replicate what Aribo has given us on a consistent basis?

I’m not as pessimistic as some about Aribo leaving but if we’re not signing someone to replace him, alarm bells will be ringing
Already replied to another post mate.

I know not everyone will agree with me, just my opinion.

I’d much rather any available cash went to a right winger.

Be a long time before we lose Kamara on a free, with us tying him down on a new contract last season!! Unless I've missed something!!?
Sorry I meant to say Kamara will be looking to leave, worded wrong,

All very frustrating

Already replied to another post mate.

I know not everyone will agree with me, just my opinion.

I’d much rather any available cash went to a right winger.
We play enough games for Lowry to get minutes/rotated in the squad

However, if we’re saying Lowry is going to replicate what Aribo has given us then we’re as well just giving up just now. What has Lowry done to suggest he’s anywhere near Aribos level yet?

Aribos turned it on in Europe over 3 seasons when required, he’s admittedly inconsistent however you can’t expect a young boy to fill that void.

If we don’t sign a Direct replacement, serious questions need asked

Sickening. Our most important, versatile and creative player. We should have done everything to keep Aribo and £10 million is nowhere near enough.

Another admin who knows Jack shit when it comes to transfers.

Why do people persistently claim to be ITK.

I don't think there's anything sinister in it tbh...

They're just very gullible at times & believe everything they're fed by the club.

We play enough games for Lowry to get minutes/rotated in the squad

However, if we’re saying Lowry is going to replicate what Aribo has given us then we’re as well just giving up just now. What has Lowry done to suggest he’s anywhere near Aribos level yet?

Aribos turned it on in Europe over 3 seasons when required, he’s admittedly inconsistent however you can’t expect a young boy to fill that void.

If we don’t sign a Direct replacement, serious questions need asked
He hasn’t. We adapt, play him where we can (lower end games) and adjust to the bigger games by going with a flat three, or playing Kent as the 10. I don’t know.

But that’s how this much discussed ‘model’ is supposed to work, short term drop in quality, but the opportunity to develop further.

We still have Hagi to come back. Another very good young number 10, and I’m never in favour of signing people to fill the void of an injured player.

What do we do when we have three good players/prospects fighting for one role?

As an aside, it’s why I’ve said for years that we as a fan base could never operate under the ‘Ajax’ model. Too much demand for instant success.

But that’s me going off on another tangent.

Back