Joe Aribo has not turned down a new Rangers contract

Joe Aribo has not turned down a new Rangers contract
Has he not changed his name to “Contract Rebel Jo Aribo?”

FWIW, I wouldn’t be overly concerned if we moved him on. He’s lacked heart in many occasion, especially against Opposition FC.

26 goals in 126 appearances from his position is not a great return.

Last edited:
Sit him on the bench that's what we do ,make an example ,we have a more consistent player in Lowry in my opinion,Aribo has about one good game in three,to inconsistent which may be the reason clubs are not rushing to buy him
And the same with Morelos and Kent if they don't extend or choose to leave?:eek: That's some bench.

Lowry has huge potential but he also has a huge amount to learn. Can't be 'the cavalier' in the opposition half then neglect to do your duties defensively on top of that. He will get there but he's a long journey to go yet.

Sit him on the bench that's what we do ,make an example ,we have a more consistent player in Lowry in my opinion,Aribo has about one good game in three,to inconsistent which may be the reason clubs are not rushing to buy him

What are we making an example of - ah, paying a player not to participate while he runs down his contract and leaves for free? That'll show him and others.

Lowry is nowhere near Aribo.

If he was still giving his all for the team why on earth would we cut our nose off to spite our face?

As for the Lowry comments, how have you come to that conclusion?

For the record, I think we should sell Aribo if a bid of 7.5m (plus add ons/sell on clause) or higher comes in, but if he runs down his deal but is still performing then we absolutely should continue to play him.

What are we making an example of - ah, paying a player not to participate while he runs down his contract and leaves for free? That'll show him and others.

Lowry is nowhere near Aribo.
Agree, but a player running down his contract will rarely give 100% on the park, we are effectively playing someone who doesn't want to be there

As for the likes of Lowry, the only way he'll get better is minutes on the park

I'm just glad I'm not the manager !!

How do we do that?
Probably the same as other clubs, have agents contact clubs with a sensible price that would be accepted.

If we genuinely can’t drum up interest in players who have just played in a European final then we’re fucked.

Using Aribo, Kent and Morelos as examples they will all be moving on to much better leagues albeit smaller clubs and for more money than we could ever pay them as long as the deals were right for us and them I doubt they’d be hard to deal with.

Agree, but a player running down his contract will rarely give 100% on the park, we are effectively playing someone who doesn't want to be there

As for the likes of Lowry, the only way he'll get better is minutes on the park

I'm just glad I'm not the manager !!
So are we.;):):))

Only if a new contract has been signed. Our new model was supposed to be based on player trading, not letting players leave for nothing. I know you cannot stop players doing it, but I don't know of other clubs having the same problems.

Players running their contracts down seems to be getting more common now. Pogba, Di Maria, Rudiger etc. have all done it this summer. I agree though that we can't afford to allow it to happen.

I understand why he wants to go tbh, this league gets boring, we play everyone how many times? I get the euro nights are a big attraction. but that's the silver lining that punctuates the boredom of our league, so sell him, we'll not get the price some on here may think he's worth, but that's how it is in the here and now.
We paid buttons for him, so even if we get 10mil, that's no bad, ok, not what everyone wants, but it's no bad, and certainly not the disaster some are making it out to be, I think some on here has some wild perspectives regarding the money/transfer limits we actually process

Jeeezo

Lowry looks an excellent talent but people really need to settle down with their crazy expectations. He’s played in 7 games for Rangers (mostly dead rubber) and there is absolutely nothing to suggest he’s more consistent than Joe Aribo.
It's these people with the unrealistic expectations that will be giving the boy pelters for no reason.

Southampton seem to really want him and their fans are on board also. We really have to see. Personally, I think he’ll stay and leave after next season.

What would that example be then.
How do we sell that example to prospective signings?

3 years in the SPFL is enough for a player at his age and ability - we can get in good cash for him, he's been a magnificent servant over those years, both parties walk away happy

This is the model we need to operate with - some of our fans need to let go of this weird separation anxiety they have with their 'heroes' - the way we advance as a club is to get the most ambitious young talent and move them on when they've outgrown us

If possible get him, Kent and Alfie on two year extensions

Give them £12m release clauses with a 20% sell on that kick in next summer.

Everyone wins.

If not then it’s cheerio time

We have a more consistent player who's barely played 2 games back to the back for the first team? How the hell do you come to that conclusion then haha.

This place is wild at times.

At the end of the day he’s been a good player and at £10million we make an enormous profit. Personally I’d like him to stay but if he wants to move on we have to accept that. What we cannot do is let him run down his contract as I doubt he’d give 100% and we cannot afford to throw away that kind of money. Let’s hope it’s settled quickly one way or another and Gio should insist the money is used to bring in quality players who are ready to start not pool fillers

Not being offered a contract doesn’t mean we haven’t advised his agent what we are willing to offer in a new contact, I think we can guarantee discussions will have taken place, don’t you?
He’s probably told the club he’s leaving this summer.

Probably be gone over the next week, if not sooner to Southampton

He’s probably told the club he’s leaving this summer.

Probably be gone over the next week
Agreed, one things for sure though, we will have advised his agent what we are willing to offer and we will know that he is holding out for a wage well out of our range. What can you do?

I personally think we sell him ASAP to buy nondescript players from the Argentine league for the sake of buying players.

The board has an obligation to appease the punters on FF, it's their mandate.

Back