Joe Aribo Insists He Will Be A Success At Rangers.

Scarlett

Apologies if this has already been posted but I couldn't see it. Interesting comments from Aribo, who seems like a thoroughly professional young man. Great to hear him reply to Bowyers comments in a positive fashion. Also lots of respect to him for how he handled the situation, especially wanting to speak to Bowyer face to face to explain his decision when he knew it would draw negativity.

JOE Aribo believes he will prove Lee Bower wrong by becoming a success at Rangers after revealing his former manager at Charlton told him to his face that he’d made the wrong decision.

Bower has been vocal about the 22-year-old’s £300,000 move to Ibrox stating in private and public that his star man's career would not progress in Scottish football.

Charlton were desperate to keep Aribo but the player made his mind up to move north after meeting with Steven Gerrard, who happens was his boyhood hero. Only yesterday, Bower admitted that he couldn’t replace the midfielder with the money he has to spent

Aribo, however, is relaxed about his decision which he believes is the right one at this stage of his development.
“I haven’t looked into what he has said too much, in the end it was my decision,” he said when asked about Bower’s comments.
“I knew he would say what he did because he is an honest guy and he had already said it to me.
“But I don’t really look into what he says, I believe I made the right decision in coming here - he pretty much said don’t go there for the good of your career.

"I didn’t argue with him, I shrugged it off. As you can see, I felt this was the best move for my career, and after speaking to the gaffer here and seeing the size of the club, it was a no-brainer.

“I spoke to Lee in person to tell him what I had decided, and he didn’t really say much at the time. I could tell he was upset,but I think that was more because I was leaving Charlton more than I was coming here.
“He cares about me, he didn’t want to lose me, we got on well, we had a very good relationship. So, it was hard to let him know because I knew he’d be gutted. But I felt it was better to do it in person than tell him over the phone.
“I believe I will change his mind, that’s what I am here to do, my job.”
Aribo showed up well in the friendly against Oxford United and also against St Joseph's in the Europa League when he got half an hour of the second half.

Gerrard expects a lot from the player who, according to Bower, is going to be a star for Rangers.
When asked about him signing a midfielder, the Charlton manager said: "It’s vital. But to replace Joe, with the budget we have got, is impossible. That’s just a fact.
“We have got to try and get as close as we can to someone with Joe’s qualities and ability as we possibly can.
“We are constantly on the phone and going through videos. We are working like you couldn’t imagine – the only time we are not talking about it is when we are sleeping.
“Even on Wednesday I had a day off but all day I was on the phone going through players that we’ve got on our list. Can he replace him? Could he bring what he brought? It’s tough. I knew it was going to be tough."

https://www.heraldscotland.com/spor...-will-success-rangers-prove-lee-bowyer-wrong/

Looks like he has an old head on young shoulders. With SG to mentor and guide him he hopefully has every chance of developing into a cracking player.

Unlike Bowyer.

It's one thing to be disappointed, I think any of us would be the same if we lost a promising player for nothing, but Bowyer really lost the plot and strayed into straight disrespectful. I get that the press have picked up on his feeling and needled him a bit over it, but he didn't handle it well or make himself look good at all.

Glad to see Aribo is putting this nonsense behind him, and with any luck it'll be the last we hear of it. He's a Rangers player now and that's it.

You would at least think Bowyer would still wish Joe good luck in his big move to Rangers, although it went against what he thought ..
It says a lot about Bowyer as man and a coach.

Bowyer - and a massive amount of Charlton fans - made themselves look like utter fannies over the whole move.

Get it up them.

They are so entrenched in this whole 'lmao pub league my nan could score for fun up here', not realising that plenty of players from England have made the move up north and failed to have any impact what so ever.

Aribo will be a success at us and Bowyer will eat his words.

Bowyer - and a massive amount of Charlton fans - made themselves look like utter fannies over the whole move.

Get it up them.
The boy still showed class and dignity in his interview with nice words about Charlton, spoke similar to Kamara for me. Nicely spoken, quiet but you can see the hunger...he gon be good, he gon be real good

The disrespect some people give our league is a joke at times.

Plenty of English players have come up and failed to make any kind of impact.

The guy comes across as bitter, maybe there's a reason he jumped ship so easily

Aribo will be a huge success for Rangers and I’ve no doubt he’ll be playing in one of the top leagues in a few years time. I’ve no problem with the comments from Bowyer or Charlton fans as this just highlights the fact we have a special player on our books.

“We are constantly on the phone and going through videos. We are working like you couldn’t imagine – the only time we are not talking about it is when we are sleeping.
“Even on Wednesday I had a day off but all day I was on the phone going through players that we’ve got on our list. Can he replace him? Could he bring what he brought? It’s tough. I knew it was going to be tough."

And that just shows the lack of professionalism at Charlton.

They should already have had targets lined up. Now it looks like they are scrambling around trying to get anyone in to replace him and will be left with the shite nobody else wants.

I understand "Bower" was upset to lose Joe but he was very disrespectful towards us. You don't come out and say those things in the press regardless of what you believe.

Thankfully we have an intelligent and classy manager who understands football and respects our institution instead of a pikey little w*nker like Lee. His comments in private to Aribo, instead of wishing him well and thanking him for getting them promoted, are further evidence of how pathetic the guy is.

Aribo made the right decision. Our club is 100 times bigger than Charlton and our manager is one of the most respected figures in football.

It's all about the money, they would have got a right few million from an English club, so stop kidding your worried about the boy's development up here.

They are so entrenched in this whole 'lmao pub league my nan could score for fun up here', not realising that plenty of players from England have made the move up north and failed to have any impact what so ever.

Aribo will be a success at us and Bowyer will eat his words.

You say something enough you begin to believe it.

And that just shows the lack of professionalism at Charlton.

They should already have had targets lined up. Now it looks like they are scrambling around trying to get anyone in to replace him and will be left with the shite nobody else wants.
Exactly. It's their own fault for messing him about over a new contract. I have zero sympathy for Bowyer.

Bowyer has come across as a bitter disrespectful wee prick.
I tell you something, if he was offered a job with us he’d be up the road in a shot .
We can relax though, as through his lack of talent, he’ll never be offered a job with us.

More proof of the draw of Steven Gerrard.

Lots of young players grew up idolizing him. When given the chance to work with him, coupled by our club and facilities I believe it would be hard to say no! How many of our signings in the last year mentioned him as a reason to sign? Imagine taking that phonecall from him to say he wanted you? And then turning up at Ibrox. You'd be blown away!

With the positive experience Kent had last year and, hopefully, the same development happening to the likes of Kamara, Aribo, Ojo and Hastie this season we will surely be seen as a top option for quality young players who want to develop at a huge club with the opportunity for european football. These players are the ones that will sell for large amounts too and help to secure the financial stability of our club.

The Gerrard factor wont just bring us success on the pitch imo, it will give us financial security in the years to come too from players like Aribo. Another superb bit of business, plus I think he will be an absolute joy to watch.

There is a perception from some down south that coming up here to play is a dawdle, and that good players will stroll it.

That is just not true. Many good players have wilted under the constant pressure of playing opponents who are giving their all to bring you down. You have to earn the right to play in Scotland, you will not be allowed to stroll about, and you will be hit hard and fast and you have to adapt.

I can appreciate Charlton’s disappointment at losing a potentially very fine player for so little money but they have to face the fact it is their own fault for not tying him down to a longer term contract on higher wages a year ago.
As for us, I say well done to the management team for spotting the opportunity to sign a very promising player and pushing it through successfully

The lad performs to a high standard consistently at Rangers and he will get a move to the English Premiership.

He's looks an absolute baller and his attitude is fantastic.

Can't wait until he is fully up and running.

Aribo is a fcking excellent player, he seems to breeze through the game, im sure he will continue in this vein nce we get into the season also.

I can appreciate Charlton’s disappointment at losing a potentially very fine player for so little money but they have to face the fact it is their own fault for not tying him down to a longer term contract on higher wages a year ago.
As for us, I say well done to the management team for spotting the opportunity to sign a very promising player and pushing it through successfully
Exactly.;)

I mind on Sunday when Aribo breezed through 2 Marseille players and left them for dead and played a perfect pass,then I looked at Gerrard and he was applauding with a face that said ya fucker did you see that.that's when I knew we have a real talent in our team.
LET'S FUCKING GO!

Last edited:
Bowyer has actually given Joe aribo, extra incentive to prove him wrong!, which is nice for us.thanks fudface.

Getting a bit fed up hearing about Lee Bowyer, he is nothing more than a ned and convicted racist who had a two bob career.
Aribo is now with a world renowned footballing megastar and a massive club.

He does seem to have an old head on young shoulders and is out to prove a lot of people wrong. Being a Rangers player hasn’t really had time to sink in for him yet but when he realises he can have the adulation of millions if he applies himself, he’ll realise it was the best decision he will ever make.
Welcome to the greatest club on the world young man. I wish you nothing but success.

did bowyer not just sign a new deal himself the cheeky fuiker

also if they rated aribo that much they should have offered the guy a longer term deal a year ago

Bower (Bowyer) lol Comes across as a bitter wee boy who has just dropped his ice cream cone. :mad:
Rank journalism by the Gerald. Sub Editor should get the sack.

Back