Joe Aribo tipped for Nigeria stardom as Rangers star is hailed as 'exceptional'

Just been subbed off on 70 minutes. From what I saw he was playing very deep, still think he is playing with the handbrake on at times . I want to see him drive forward and get on the ball on the edge of the box because things happen when he does

I forget that Barnes manager Celtic and considering he’s clearly not following the Fat Japanese line of not being positive about Rangers, clearly so has Barnes!

probably looking into this too much but him and kamara have grown up consistently playing fives on astro (random story) with there mate zaha and a couple of others , could play a part

Nah you could be on to something. Cage football is the only opportunity for many Londoners and Aribo’s ability to get out of tight defending must have come from somewhere!

That goal against Brazil alone showed what he is made of and should have made the mhedia up here start praising him to the highest.

We all know that if he was playing for the paedos they would be taking about £15M or £20M transfer fees!
I had Clyde on that weekend and it got a very fleeting mention. Literally one sentence from the only pundit who seemed to be aware of it (maybe Mark Wilson?) to complete indifference from Keevins and the rest.
Had Edouard scored that goal the whole programme would have been dedicated to it.

The boards aim here is clear. Morelos, Kamara, Aribo, Barisic...players that are long term investments. If we ever got a player into the English national side he’d be worth his weight in gold.
Joe aribo's weight in gold is about 2.75 million

The midfielder has impressed since making his Nigeria debut and John Fashunu is backing him to go far.

Rangers star Joe Aribo is being tipped to become Nigeria's best player in a generation.
The Ibrox midfielder has impressed during his appearances for the Super Eagles since making his debut earlier this season.
He's currently with the national team preparing for an African Cup of Nations qualifier against Lesotho.
And so impressive has his performances been for the Super Eagles that former Wimbledon and England striker John Fashanu, who was a director of the Nigerian FA, presents Nigerian game show TV programmes and has even acted in the Nigerian film industry, believes they have found a gem by persuading Aribo to play for the African nation.

He said: "Aribo is going to be a very important player for Nigeria.
"He is going to be one of our key players for years. He's been doing very well for Rangers and has been exceptional since his debut for Nigeria.

"Joe is going to be targeted by the opposition because they know what he can do. It's important he is used properly by us because he's vital for the team."
And Fashanu's comments were echoed by Lesotho manager Thabo Senong, who pinpointed Aribo as Nigeria's danger man.
He said: "Nigeria have very strong and skillful players.
"Joe Aribo is one of them. He has been doing well at his club and everyone knows he is a very dangerous player. He's one we have to watch."
Aribo was signed by Steven Gerrard in the summer after he left Charlton and he got his first league goal against Livingston last week.
Brilliant to see so many of our players excelling at international level finally feels like we are us again

Brilliant to see so many of our players excelling at international level finally feels like we are us again
Absolutely correct...just a pity that most of them play for countries other than Scotland!
I suspect Ryan Jack was picked through gritted teeth by our resident alky!
Apart from that, well done Joe, hope your International and club career goes from strength to strength!

Aribo is clearly a very talented player and is going to have a great career. The fact he's decided to do that with us under the leadership of Gerrard is brilliant.

His career is coming on leaps and bounds since joining us as well. So much for all that negativity before he came.

We did but expectation were too high after the reverse fixture. Still with Arfield, Davies, Cavelini and David, this is easily the best Canadian squad ever
Coach is utter crap,to be honest.
For years I’d scratch my head,at decisions he’d make on team selection and tactics,
On a pretty good women’s team.

It is good to have our players named in the press and the media, it may well increase their value in time, but let us not forget who runs these platforms in our country, a whole lot of hassle at a youth game at Ibrox and not a word of condemnation from any of them, still I'm glad young Joe done well in his game.
If they're being talked about in the media, they're certainly being talked about in football circles. We are not getting a solitary penny for any player based on what a Scottish hack does or doesn't say. They are the very definition of irrelevant.

Back