Joe aribo

Way too good a dribbler to be playing as a holding midfielder so I hope he stays in the more advanced role.

There are areas to improve but he’s only going to get better. I’m really happy with his last couple of performances.

Good performance from Joe tonight. Definitely prefer him in attack than a CM role. Feel he’s wasted there. He has something different about him. Love his skill and composure on the ball. Great reader of the game.

So good in that first half, not sure why he dropped his performance a little in the second but thanks Jo, hopefully he will kick on from here and fulfil his undoubted potential.

I really like him playing on the right tbh he has the skill and Atheticism to do well in that position and gives us extra height and physicality I'm sure he would get double figures in goals and assists playing there over a season

Really started coming on to a game recently, was brilliant in that first half.

It’s a concern how often he fades in the second half, though the same could be said of Kamara and Arfield aswell. I’d dont think it’s a fitness issue, just can’t work out what keeps causing us to fade though

He's being asked to play different roles in the side, can't be easy one week playing deeper then the next in an attacking role. He's better in an advanced attacking role as he has better attributes for that: vision, ability to create space, beat a man, hold onto the ball, link up...

Tonight and Sunday have sapped a lot of energy and strength out of our players and it will be no different on our trip to fir park at the weekend.
Totally agree! Let's hope we find energy reserves somewhere because we are going to need them!

A few times he could have pulled the trigger but didn’t , apart from that he was good first half and looked tired second half
Was coming on to say this. I think he shows a little lack of belief around the edge of the box. It's not a criticism, just a wee bit of "Come on Joe just burst it"
He Cruyffed a guy on the edge of the box and it was sat perfectly for him to hit, and in a similar position to the one he scored in the qualifier at Ibrox (St Joe's or Progres) I was hoping he'd try the same but he didn't.
His dribble along the bye line was sublime, and was probably the best move of the game.
Another one for me, which is what makes him look such a class player at times, that touch when he pulled it out the sky in front of the Sandy Jardine in the first half, was absolutely sublime. I think he's done it 3-4 times now with unbelievably difficult passes or balls coming to him. His touch is as good as anyone's we've had in years.
He's starting to progress again. I just hope he can get a run and some consistency now.

Terrific in an advanced role - feet like velcro

Plus it meant Arfield moving into midfield - he's more combative and his legs can't do the wide forward role just now

A lot of young guys of his age would have gone in to a shell after Sunday but I thought he came out fighting last night, as did everyone to be fair and built on Sunday rather than dwell on it.
Some of the football in the first half was as good as I have seen in years from us.
Second half was never going to be like that as they were out and were always going to come at us with a change of shape/tactics.

One criticism, and it is done to death on here but had we lost that last night the full responsibility stops with Gerrard and his use of subs. Kamara and Aribo were out on there feet.
That said the fact we all wondered out there last night with a very slight disappointment of not topping a group like that tells us how far we have came.

His skill and technique is incredible.

Should have been subbed though, he was absolutely burst in the last 20 minutes.

First half he was outstanding. Tire towards the end and probably should have been subbed. Really wish he could use his right foot as well though!

He was on fire for the first 3/4 of the match. If he could only take a shot on his first touch. Too many times he seems to want the ball to roll to a halt before getting one away.

Back