Joe aribo

He's a good player. Simply needs time to adjust from League One where he will have a lot more time on the ball to up here or in Europe where he wont have nearly as much thanks to playing army forts defensively domestically or just against better opposition who will press you in Europe. We've seen in the last few weeks what a more comfortable Aribo looks like

Still dont know if long term he should be playing out on the right as i dont think he'll ever score enough to justify it but he's playing well there right now so cant complain

FFs have been on moaning about Aribo and Ojo, however I’ve always thought there was a player in that twisty, close footed player. He has the ability to be trained and improve his skills, a diamond in the rough. As for Ojo bye, bye in January.

Great skill, still not used to the wide advances role but improving all the time.

He’s actually decent in the air as well which gives us some joy.

Needs to be a bit more direct when he gets in and around the box.

Way too good a dribbler to be playing as a holding midfielder so I hope he stays in the more advanced role.

There are areas to improve but he’s only going to get better. I’m really happy with his last couple of performances.
I think once he settles and gets used to the pace in our tin pot league he will kick on just as Borna has.

This boy is still settling in as far as I'm concerned. He has the potential to be an absolute superstar for us. His technique and close control are awesome at times. When he performs like that on a weekly basis we have a monster of a player on our books.

Loads have written him off on here because of a couple of shaky performances. Its his first season with us and with all due respect to his old club the expectations at Rangers are night and day compared to his old mob.

He did very well last night and I think he will definitely be an asset for us going forward. We probably wont get the best out of him until next season.

His first touch is the best I have seen from a Rangers player in this decade, possibly even further back. His feet are so quick.

Shame he seemed reluctant to shoot, that bit of skill along the byline was ridiculous.
Only seems reluctant on his right foot which it always seemed to fall too. Thought the left back sussed him as game went on and showed him outside constantly onto his very weak looking foot. Wand of a left foot though!

Right wing has been an issue for us but Aribos last two performances there have been top class , hopefully he can settle there.
I doubt he will, he had a great first half but tired very badly in the second half better in a forward midfield position for me, he should have been subbed with about 20 mns to go as he was knackered and contributed little at that stage.

Terrific in an advanced role - feet like velcro

Plus it meant Arfield moving into midfield - he's more combative and his legs can't do the wide forward role just now

Charles Charlie Charles or Finney, the rightwing demon?:D

Last edited:
Still feel his best position is in the middle 3 however its difficult to displace kamara, jack and davis atm. Do think however he provides a good outball in the right attacking mid area due to his height he can get up and compete, only thing that concerns me is he is so one footed always wants to get onto his left but there is definitely a player there and look forward to seeing him grow.

On tuesday night Charlton were at home to the mighty Yorkshire giants of football, Huddersfield.

After a hard fought game in front of 4,376 fans the european giants Charlton lost a last minute goal to lose 1.0.

I know where I would have preferred to be this week.

He's clearly a very capable player and on his day can turn on the style. However, he does need to let go of the ball a little quicker at times. Whether that be a shot or a pass. Sometimes he does all the hard work only to then get crowded out when he had options.

A young lad with a bright future though. He had a good game yesterday and caused them a few problems.

Thought he was excellent last night.
Skill on goal line was superb
Challenged hard for every ball, won neatly all his headers and all round he can be more than happy with his display

A lot of young guys of his age would have gone in to a shell after Sunday but I thought he came out fighting last night, as did everyone to be fair and built on Sunday rather than dwell on it.
Some of the football in the first half was as good as I have seen in years from us.
Second half was never going to be like that as they were out and were always going to come at us with a change of shape/tactics.

One criticism, and it is done to death on here but had we lost that last night the full responsibility stops with Gerrard and his use of subs. Kamara and Aribo were out on there feet.
That said the fact we all wondered out there last night with a very slight disappointment of not topping a group like that tells us how far we have came.
Couldn't understand the lack of subs to replace those tired players and to waste some time. The Managers game management baffles sometimes. However, job done. Well done to them all.

I rate him really highly - he's incredibly talented in my opinion

I'll concede he's been a bit erratic & is still to get consistent- but I'm sure that will come

I'm convinced he'll become a top class player - hopefully for us starting tomorrow - but soon if not quite that soon

This boy is still settling in as far as I'm concerned. He has the potential to be an absolute superstar for us. His technique and close control are awesome at times. When he performs like that on a weekly basis we have a monster of a player on our books.

Absolutely agree GF. He’s a kid in football terms & will be outstanding once he settles into our level & culture football wise.

To all the idiots abusing him previously, it was clear as day that he was being played in the wrong position/role! Him having to play a similar role to kamara or Jack where they cover the full back positions was never Hong to work for him as he needed to be nearer the goal at all times!

To all the idiots abusing him previously, it was clear as day that he was being played in the wrong position/role! Him having to play a similar role to kamara or Jack where they cover the full back positions was never Hong to work for him as he needed to be nearer the goal at all times!

Weve all been crying out for a midfielder with goals in him & he has that potential so as well as not suiting him it doesn’t suit us either as we are still as a pool of players short in that attribute I think SS.

What position does he play for Nigeria ?
Going by highlights (not a very good way of judging) he seems further forward than we seem to use him

His close control & ability to beat a man - makes him a good choice for link-up play on breaking from mid-field into attack

However we've got other players (Davis, Jack, Kamara) who work these positions well - so maybe Joe is more effective further forward ?

PLays well, doesn't hide and puts a shift in, there is just something missing to his game I hope confidence and experience brings

Especially with Davis and Jack behind him I'd like SG to give him a more attacking role to get in amongst the opposition back line

Back