Joe Aribo

Status
Not open for further replies.
His form before he got injured earlier in the season was incredible! He just needs that wee bit of confidence to get back there!
See i don't get this confidence thing how can you not have confidence when the team is sitting top of the table.

See i don't get this confidence thing how can you not have confidence when the team is sitting top of the table.
I imagine it to be a personal thing, but even if it’s not that his form has dipped and he needs to figure it out to get back to where he was. He’s be in the bench if we’d had Roofe and Arfield fit.

Joe Aribo has a lot to offer- today was not a good day for him as he allowed the ball to bounce off him 1/2 a yard that allowed Motherwell to gain possession when it should have been brought under close control and distributed more quickly - that said play him in the no10 position in the front 3 and he will show his worth

I don’t think we play the right formation to get the best out of Aribo.

For me, he’s not disciplined enough to track runners defensively to play in a midfield 3 but offensively he’s a key player

Ideally he’d play between the lines in a 3 behind a main striker but we obviously don’t play like that. Personally I think he’s most effective playing right in a front 3 but that’s Roofes position when he’s fit

Not a good day at the office for Joe today and not a good final 30 up at Aberdeen either. Too passive and not creating enough given he's a great talent. Young and inconsistent. His best position is as one of our forward 3 but Roofe scores more. Same could be said of Kent. Will be interesting to see if Jack comes back in next week. If it wasn't Ross co at home he probably would.

He isn't going to get a game in the front 3 as we have better players there.
He isn't able to sense danger in the midfield. He played well with Jack and Kamara behind him for security.
He has been brutal for a while now, and certainly needs time out of the team. The only problem is that we have very few options in that position just now.
Zungu appears to be way out of the picture.
Ideally we would have Jack, Kamara and Arfield/Davis in the midfield. Hopefully that is a possibility for the next few weeks.

I imagine it to be a personal thing, but even if it’s not that his form has dipped and he needs to figure it out to get back to where he was. He’s be in the bench if we’d had Roofe and Arfield fit.
I think he's a decent player but just doesn't do enough to justify a starting slot for me . At times some of his touches look tremendous then at times he looks as if he isn't interested.

Big mans a good player, some great close control. Doesn’t like the physical stuff but not many ”flair” players do. Would like to see him chip in with more goals, should have scored today although Kent needs to chip in with more goals too. Wasn’t at his best today but he’s still young and still learning.

I just can’t see what this lad brings to the team. Has the odd dribble but today contributed the square root of zero again. He only ever seems to do it when we are winning games easily and is usually missing when the going gets tough.
Please go away.
Embarrassing post.

Main problem today was where our management team ask him to play
Far be it from me to tell our manager his job but it is clear to us all that Aribo is NOT a left sided defensive midfielder.
Kamara has played there all year in the Barisic/Kamara/Kent axis and look at our record but Kamara played on the right today. Why? Really strange one.

Aribo plays his best game getting the ball to feet around opposition box.

Too many posts on here complaining about him.
He's not the perfect finished article but we should all support him as I have no doubt he is giving his best every game.

He's not got a set position. He's always been a player whom we've used all over the park in various positions and roles.

Not been impressed with him in the midfield role against the bheggars, Aberdeen or today. Talented player, lacks consistency.
Once we get back the injured players ,the bench for Joe ,come on later in the game

I just can’t see what this lad brings to the team. Has the odd dribble but today contributed the square root of zero again. He only ever seems to do it when we are winning games easily and is usually missing when the going gets tough.
I’m a big fan of aribo but only in the front 3. He’s no use in the middle in these fixtures unless you’re 3-0 up and cruising, even at that it was his man who scored at Aberdeen. Need Jack and Roofe back for Hibs.

I think he's a decent player but just doesn't do enough to justify a starting slot for me . At times some of his touches look tremendous then at times he looks as if he isn't interested.
I don’t think he’s ever not interested but he does lack consistency and the head can go down when it’s not going his way. Difference between him and Hagi is Hagi gets up and stuck in again. Had Hagi not been booked for nothing then I think Aribo would have been taken off for Itten.

Where would you say his position is?

You’d need to change the shape to get the best out of him but that then prevents the 2 wide CMs being able to cover the full backs

For me, if we played a 4231, Aribo would either play behind the striker or off the right. It would mean he wouldn’t have defensive responsibilities and could play between the lines

Aribo is a cracking player when he’s able to pick up the ball in pockets of space and be the pivot. Unfortunately the way we play, the 2 wider CMs in a midfield 3 are required to cover Tav/Barisic - this is an area where Aribo needs to greatly improve

Aribo can be frustrating to watch in that his decision making seems to be a bit slow at times, it seems to take him ages to make up his mind with what he wants to do with the ball and he misplaces too many passes. He was also arguably at fault for the goal that Aberdeen scored in the last game, he let the goal scorer run free when he could have tracked back with him.

But when he is on form he can be a great player as we all know.

Aribo was poor today and the whole team were in the first half. We need much more from him , Kent and Hagi. A midfield with those three should produce a goal from at least one of them every week.

I don’t think he’s ever not interested but he does lack consistency and the head can go down when it’s not going his way. Difference between him and Hagi is Hagi gets up and stuck in again. Had Hagi not been booked for nothing then I think Aribo would have been taken off for Itten.
That's the feeling I get with him but thats how I am a hgv driver and not a football manager .

Once we get back the injured players ,the bench for Joe ,come on later in the game

Or in a more advanced role. Kent isn't exactly on fire, he could be rested. Need Roofe back.

I feel Aribo is a better midfield option when Jack is around - he distributes the ball quicker than Kamara and has a bit more urgency. Aribo is clever and makes intelligent runs - when we slow it down those runs are picked up.

He's not got a set position. He's always been a player whom we've used all over the park in various positions and roles.

Not been impressed with him in the midfield role against the bheggars, Aberdeen or today. Talented player, lacks consistency.

That was the point of the question. Some think he has a best position, I couldn't tell you it.

Today he played left of the midfield three. He was playing there at the start of the season before his injury and that was one of his two best spells of form in a Rangers shirt. His other best spell of form was December last season when he was playing as the right sided 10.

Unfortunately he doesn't score or set up enough to be the first choice right 10. He also isn't defensively disciplined enough or dominate the ball enough to be first choice in one of the three centre mid slots.

There's a huge talent there, ability wise he's capable of being one of the best players in the league. However, so far his Rangers career has been some good games, injuries and then some lackadaisical performances. He needs to start finding a bit of consistency.

You’d need to change the shape to get the best out of him but that then prevents the 2 wide CMs being able to cover the full backs

For me, if we played a 4231, Aribo would either play behind the striker or off the right. It would mean he wouldn’t have defensive responsibilities and could play between the lines

Aribo is a cracking player when he’s able to pick up the ball in pockets of space and be the pivot. Unfortunately the way we play, the 2 wider CMs in a midfield 3 are required to cover Tav/Barisic - this is an area where Aribo needs to greatly improve

Yeah, as much as I think Aribo is a talented player, we won't be changing our entire shape and system for a player that has struggled for consistency.

We’re missing Arfield more imho.
For games like this we would usualy have a Jack or an Arfield on that pitch. Joe could and probably should have scored today but as others have said half the team barely got pass marks today while Motherwell played well and scored a nice goal to be fair.
I am just relieved to finish the weekend on the same gap as we started it again. If that happens every week we will be happy in no time. Our gaffer will treat it as the wake up call it was and have them better prepared. Must be close to having Roofe and Jack back. And how nice is it to turn to the bench and see Itten and Defoe.

Looked like a lazy bastard today but I think that stems from the fact that he isnt being played in his best position, as opposed to actual laziness.

We have missed arfield and jack enormously - we arent the same side at all without either of these two

He's been disappointing since coming into the team due to Arfield's injury. Not writing him off but, in my opinion, he was our worst player against the scum and was awful today alongside Kent.

Maybe it’s just me but in the big games, mainly the Old Firms or away from home, he looks terrified.

He’s playing within himself

If he wants to make the step to a big premiership team he needs to take command of the game more

I think guys like Aribo and Kamara are a new of midfield to us as Rangers fans......we like box to box or ‘digger’ types that are all action

The fact our European results have improved so much is becywe have guys like this who are able to keep the ball so well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back