Joe Aribo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the big man's inconsistent.

Someone with his ability & build should be dominating football games from midfield .

He looks like he needs a fu.cking shake at times during games to wake him up.. I thought Gerrard got it wrong today by taking Hagi off instead of Joe.

Cracking talent but can be very frustrating.

A frustrating day for all the touch players as they tried to come to terms with the ploughed field. However he is a quality player with a great touch who will go on to have a very good career at the highest level.

I just can’t see what this lad brings to the team. Has the odd dribble but today contributed the square root of zero again. He only ever seems to do it when we are winning games easily and is usually missing when the going gets tough.
Could say the same for Kent today worst Ranger on the pitch yet stays on until 87 mins .

He's a very technically gifted player. Great touch and close control.
However, he needs to improve his decision making and cut out the mistakes.
When he's on form, he's excellent. He has to get more consistent though.

He frustrates me sometimes as I know he is a quality player. I’ve said this all long but I think we will eventually sell him for more than Alfredo.

Should only be played in a midfield 3 in the easier games at home. He is never a CM.

Also wish he would learn to use the laces sometimes when shooting instead of these weak piss poor side foot attempts.

He was shocking in the second half, how he finished the game is beyond me. He can be a brilliant player when on form, but he can't get any consistency back in his game since the injury. Jack back soon will hopefully freshen up the midfield.

I like Aribo, I like his ball control and general play and he will be a star for Rangers but Today was probably up there with some of the poorest I’ve seen from Rangers players in recent years.

Nothing came off for him but what makes it worse is that Gerrard keep his misery going for 90 mins

Or maybe you need to realise we are a bit light in the middle with Jack and Arfield out and Aribo is playing in a position which isn't his best.

Don't think there was a single fan accusing him of not being at it when we started the season.
What is his best though, brilliant 1 out of 4 isn’t good enough.

Some of the replies on this are unbelievable!

He had a poor game today alongside 4 or 5 others.

He was probably our best player against St Johnstone, Hibs and St Mirren a matter of weeks ago.

Why do some of support always need someone to single out after a bad result?

He was poor today and has been for a couple of weeks now in my opinion but to say you can't see what he brings to the team is bizarre.

He is a good player but was definately not at the races today,kept losing the ball which was frustrating to watch.be we move on

There's not really much in between with him. He's either outstanding or stinks the place out like he did today. Had high hopes that he would add more consistency this season but injuries and stop start season have meant he's not been able to do that so far.

A luxury player as some would say but he wins some amount of tackles to win us back the ball when we are out of possession.He can play a bit as well

Another who can be great at times, but today in the role he was playing? He wasn’t good at all!

I just can’t see what this lad brings to the team. Has the odd dribble but today contributed the square root of zero again. He only ever seems to do it when we are winning games easily and is usually missing when the going gets tough.
Looks good at times but,as you say,contributes very little in the over all scheme of things.Hurry back Scotty and Ryan.;)

it's his total lack of urgency that winds me up. 1-0 down, he'll win a throw in and rather than either pick the ball up and get us moving again or pick the ball up and give it to Barisic or Tav to take, he'll just walk away and let the ball roll off down the touchline so the taker has to run after the ball and then run back to where it went out to take it.

What is his best though, brilliant 1 out of 4 isn’t good enough.
Similar to his form at the start of the season and played in his best position. He's being asked to do the role Arfield had made his own this season which isn't where we get the most from him.

At times I wish he'd get his head up and move forward with the ball but that will hopefully come.

Look at the improvement in Jack's game since he signed. Had a 2 year head start on Aribo and a lot more experience under his belt.

I'm more than happy to persist with Aribo as he's a cracking player that hasn't quite found his best form since the layoff.

Jo Aribo and Ryan Kent have stacks of ability.They suffer from inconsistency but they have both produced moments of magic that have won us games.The coaching team will be working on bringing more consistency to their game.

I’d like him to make a decision and play the ball a few seconds faster when he gets the ball at times and I’d like him to take command and run with the ball at his feet towards the box more - I think he has the ability to do this but not quite the belief yet.

I absolutely love Joe Aribo and think at some point he’ll regain that on fire form that he showed early in the season and start to fly. I hope it happens this season but it’s coming regardless.

In the context of the season, we don't have any great worries. For me, Aribo's position is the biggest worry. It's a position we want goals and creativity from. I don't think we get enough from there just now.
He hasn't been playing his best position for weeks

Can be a fantastic player on his day but at times he can also be guilty of thinking he is Pele by trying to beat ten men on his own rather than just play a simple ten yard pass or shot.

I agree, he needs to play further forward. He lacks awareness defensively for the deeper role. I'm surprised Zungu hasn't had many minutes, seems a strange signing just now.
Aribo is frustrating, he is capable of really great moments.
Played where he is at his best he is always a danger .If anything, he doesn't net enough from there , I would concede that.

His form has been a bit patchy since he returned from injury but he was one of the players who were on fire earlier in the season - none of them are still in that sort of form to be fair to Aribo.

Collectively we need to get back to that sort of form - or at least a couple of those players need to start showing something similar.

His form has been a bit patchy since he returned from injury but he was one of the players who were on fire earlier in the season - none of them are still in that sort of form to be fair to Aribo.

Collectively we need to get back to that sort of form - or at least a couple of those players need to start showing something similar.
Do you think Ryan Jack is important to that form?
His awareness and positioning allows Aribo to have more freedom. Jack and Kamara in midfield offer much better cover for the full backs.
Davis is good on the ball, but Aribo has to play deeper to help him off the ball.
Jack is the only one who can play the deep role alone too, which he has done twice this season I think.

It’s probably true of a lot of creative players, but he’s very inconsistent.

Injury hasn’t helped him as he had looked more of a handful before it, but if we’re being honest this season has been very similar to the last - lots of lovely flashes of skill, a few goals, but hasn’t really impacted on games as much as we were probably hoping he would.

In truth I’m still not quite sure what his best position is. I get the feeling Gerrard maybe thinks similarly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back