Joe Aribo

Been our best player this season and the boy has class and will go onto play at a much higher level but if he does not sign extension he should be sold next window if we can get the right deal for him

I dont begrudge him for wanting to leave and I dont hold any ill will for anyone leaving unless they talk bad about us after but I wish these reports could stay under wraps until a transfer is done, the club loses a lot of leverage when it's clear he wants to go anyway.
Worst case scenario, Palace or whoever could just wait and get him for free.

Dont think its that at all, there isnt one person truly thinks we cant sell him at any cost. Its about timing. Dont sell him in january and hamper the chances of a £30 million windfall. Keep him till the summer, hopefully he helps us win the league then get as much as we can for him in the summer.He can go with everyones blessing then. Simple economic sense really.
I like the theory, but wee fly in the ointment is "what if teams want him in January, but don't want him in the summer?" We don't know what will
happen with Joe or any player for that matter.

What we do know is that our investors do not have an endless pit of money,
so we need a chunk of our current debt to go away.

(I'm a big, big, Joe fan!)

I like the theory, but wee fly in the ointment is "what if teams want him in January, but don't want him in the summer?" We don't know what will
happen with Joe or any player for that matter.

What we do know is that our investors do not have an endless pit of money,
so we need a chunk of our current debt to go away.

(I'm a big, big, Joe fan!)
If he keeps improving the rate he is there will be plent teams wanting him in the summer.

If he doesnt wnt to sign a new contract we should be making an agreement that can go in the summer. Too big a player to let go now.

However, if we big money, early in the window and Gio gets a chunk of it we may find an upgrade. We should prepare for it as well by using Hagi in the middle on occasion.

Back