Joe Aribo scores

Aribo is a good guy, I've no idea why any Rangers fan wouldn't be happy to see him do well in England. If you want to be really arsey about it, if Joe does well then it puts the next transfer fee to England up by another few million quid.

You can tell we’re no used to selling folk considering we now start a thread any time an ex-player takes a dump.

:D

People moaning about threads being put up when a former player scores, They do realise that they can just scroll past. I love to see our former players do well and if it not put on here then I’ll usually not hear about it. Well done Joe, Chuffed that he’s made a promising start to his EPL career.

People moaning about threads being put up when a former player scores, They do realise that they can just scroll past. I love to see our former players do well and if it not put on here then I’ll usually not hear about it. Well done Joe, Chuffed that he’s made a promising start to his EPL career.
Spot on.

And you can scroll past people moaning,and I could have scrolled past you moaning about people moaning….welcome to the internet my friend.

He looks like he is going to smash it at Southampton. Hopefully he will get a big move in the future and earn us a few quid.

I find it strange that Gerrard didn't go in for him.

Took his goal well with typical composure and not rushing the finish.
Bit early to say ‘he’ll smash it’ so many variables, and particularly down south with big squads and plenty of people competing with you.
He seems a good guy though, and definitely has the ability to make a big impression down there. Good luck to him.

He looks like he is going to smash it at Southampton. Hopefully he will get a big move in the future and earn us a few quid.

I find it strange that Gerrard didn't go in for him.
I definitely thought if anyone would have come in for him it would have been Gerrard
Still seems to be doing alright where his at

I was surprised to see he started on the bench.

Not a great result for Southampton in truth and I read a report yesterday indicating that Hassenhuttl had 'lost the dressing room'. That old chestnut LOL. Could well be that he finds himself playing for a new Manager soon.

Next 4 League fixtures are Away to Leicester and Wolves and at Home to Man Utd and Chelsea. Other than Man Utd, they might struggle for points in those.

He’s a Southampton substitute not sure that’s a great start?
Tend to agree - could have been carrying a knock of course, but I'd be more focussed on getting into the starting eleven at Southampton & staying there than "moving to a bigger club"

Can we get a Bassey thread too?
You say this as a joke but I would actually like one on Bassey. I don’t watch or keep up to date with Dutch football and would like to know how he is getting on. No problem with fans wanting to keep up with ex players who left us on great terms and as we have a future sell on, how he performs is important to us.

You say this as a joke but I would actually like one on Bassey. I don’t watch or keep up to date with Dutch football and would like to know how he is getting on. No problem with fans wanting to keep up with ex players who left us on great terms and as we have a future sell on, how he performs is important to us.
Finally. Someone gets it. Ajax are currently playing. Suprrised we don't have a thread. Big man must not be playing

He’s a Southampton substitute not sure that’s a great start?

Southampton have brought in a lot of players this summer and have a big squad. Understanable that not everyone can be guaranteed a regular starting spot but once things settle down, I’d expect Aribo to be getting much more game time.

He looked like he was playing CF on the match of the day highlights. He looked massive compared to a lot of the other players

Cool finish but got a bit lucky as he dragged the ball to the right before scoring. Went under the 'keepers leg when, on another day, it gets caught up in the 'keepers legs and the chance is gone. I'd have been looking for him to hit the cross into the net first time.:)

As others have said, Southampton have been playing him primarily as a forward, either on the right or through the middle. I'm not convinced that's his best position but Joe will be happy to start games (he didn't yesterday) in any position at all I'm sure.

Back