Joe Aribo

Status
Not open for further replies.

LD5

He looked very much box to box. Type of player that not only wins the ball but can take it 30 yards up the pitch with power and pace something we have been missing for years
I get that he looks good in the tackle, but his attacking play looks great and his stats show that. Most of the footage I saw of him too when he does win the ball its always pretty high up the pitch. I can't see him playing anywhere other than as an attacking mid.

RR83

I’m 36 and I have no memory of Marcus Gayle playing for us. Don’t even remember him singing. No idea what happened to me that year.
Remember he played in a dreadful game losing to Dundee United at Ibrox

WATP3006

And we already have a song for him. Getting him & Ojo from Anfield will add a bit of cut & thrust.
And to a lesser extent we have Hastie & Stewart & Jones.
Plenty of goals to add to our armoury.
And a lot of youngsters that can be developed like a few did this season.
The excitement levels are starting to build! I feel us bears are going to be needing a lot of bog roll, old socks, wife’s knickers etc etc this summer.

Harthill Bill

And we already have a song for him. Getting him & Ojo from Anfield will add a bit of cut & thrust.
And to a lesser extent we have Hastie & Stewart & Jones.
Plenty of goals to add to our armoury.
And a lot of youngsters that can be developed like a few did this season.
All good players that have something to bring to the party.

LiviLoyal

Get the feeling this could be a brilliant signing if we were to pull it off. Until I see him with the shirt on or scarf above his head I’ll refrain from getting too excited by it though. There’s lots of interest in the guy!

Grigo Yossarian

Get the feeling this could be a brilliant signing if we were to pull it off. Until I see him with the shirt on or scarf above his head I’ll refrain from getting too excited by it though. There’s lots of interest in the guy!
Getting him & then Ojo on loan would be a great week from an attacking sense ;)

MSF

How would you describe him mate ? I’ve only seen his YouTube but he got 10’goals this season ?
All action I’d say. Involved in both ends of the park without specifically being defensive or attacking.

If you want some stats, below gives a slight feel of his style. Its his average per game over the season.

Passing:
36 passes (81.2% successful)
2.13 long passes (34.5% successful)
0.74 through balls (34.5% successful)
5.55 passes to final 3rd (71.3% successful)
2.52 passes to box (64.7% successful)
13.1 forward passes (73.2% successful)
5.88 back passes (90.6% successful)

Attacking:
1.54 shot on target
0.19 xG
1.64 crosses
5 dribbles (75.2% successful)
2.81 touches in box

Defending:
3.24 aerial duels (43.8% won)
7.7 defensive duels (27.9% won)
4 interceptions
10.95 losses
7.04 recoveries

Last edited:

It Is Old But Beautiful

I don’t think they’ll be happy if we get him here. I think he would come to us as he’s guaranteed European Football and would play under one of the best midfielders of all time. I hope they sign Harper, supposedly has a very bad attitude problem.

Grigo Yossarian

All action I’d say. Involved in both ends of the park without specifically being defensive or attacking.

If you want some stats, below gives a slight feel of his style.

Passing:
36 passes (81.2% successful)
2.13 long passes (34.5% successful)
0.74 through balls (34.5% successful)
5.55 passes to final 3rd (71.3% successful)
2.52 passes to box (64.7% successful)
13.1 forward passes (73.2% successful)
5.88 back passes (90.6% successful)

Attacking:
1.54 shot on target
0.19 xG
1.64 crosses
5 dribbles (75.2% successful)
2.81 touches in box

Defending:
3.24 aerial duels (43.8% won)
7.7 defensive duels (27.9% won)
4 interceptions
10.95 losses
7.04 recoveries
Thanks a lot. Really a lot of data. The defensive side looks a bit disappointing but I’m sure SG will push on that.

I really hope we get him. Should add goals & give us something different from what we have.

Adding Ojo & him suggests extra attacking options & pace ?

MSF

Thanks a lot. Really a lot of data. The defensive side looks a bit disappointing but I’m sure SG will push on that.

I really hope we get him. Should add goals & give us something different from what we have.

Adding Ojo & him suggests extra attacking options & pace ?
I’m opinionated as feck on our signings but can’t accuse me of not doing my homework. :D

Yeah he is certainly more of an attacking threat than our current CMs without being a creative/attacking midfielder.

Grigo Yossarian

I’m opinionated as feck on our signings but can’t accuse me of not doing my homework. :D

Yeah he is certainly more of an attacking threat than our current CMs without being a creative/attacking midfielder.
You are but if it’s backed up by facts you’re justified. Always respect your posts.

I’ve been saying since last season our MF was too ‘samey’ so this guy clearly looks like a different skill set / option. I’m in. :D

HoboUK

If this is right enough plus the Olsson deal plus the lads on Bosmans / Davis signing for a year etc, I wonder what positions the much rumoured "big names" are going to be for.

RFC97

If this is right enough plus the Olsson deal plus the lads on Bosmans / Davis signing for a year etc, I wonder what positions the much rumoured "big names" are going to be for.
I doubt there will be any big names.

As you say, I can’t see much room in the squad for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.