Joe Aribo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the poster claiming to be ITK after speaking to a first team player full of it re a foreign signing costing a few dollars?

I read an article a few weeks back that Gerrard could be looking to possibly add to the squad with a player/players from Europe, namely the Balkan region however for the life of me i cant remember where I read it, could well have been on here, if true then not a bad thing as there a some very neat at tidy players plying their trade in the Croatian League and also neighbouring countries.

We shouldn't be put off at all as there are very gifted players in that region.

And some can be picked up for a decent fee. Look at Barisic- we probably couldn’t afford him now due to him being a regular for Croatia and yet he can’t yet cut it at Ibrox. Based on that, ironically, we’d expect to make a profit on him if we sold him tomorrow

Rangers ‘to win race’ for Celtic target Joe Aribo as Charlton ace gets set to decide on future

GOSSIP
  • By Scott MacArthur

• 15 Jun 2019, 10:20
  • Updated: 15 Jun 2019, 10:24
RANGERS are leading the chase for Charlton star Joe Aribo, according to reports.

The midfielder is out of contract at the Addicks and is wanted by both Gers and Celtic.

Aribo could join up with Steven Gerrard at RangersCredit: PA:Empics Sport
However, Steven Gerrard looks set to lure him to Ibrox with the Daily Mailreporting Rangers are poised to win the race for the 22-year-old's signature.

Aribo is yet to decide on his future after helping Charlton win promotion from League One.

Steve Gallen, the English side's head of recruitment, admitted he wanted the midfielder to stay in England.

He said: "I’ve also read the stories about Celtic and Rangers.

"We really hope he doesn’t go. But if Joe does decide to go then we’d really like him to go English, for a couple of reasons.

"One, because that is the best place for him to go to – the best place to develop his career.

"And two, because if he did go to a club in England then our club would get recompensed.

"We would get a fair valuation of his worth. If he goes cross-border then the club won’t."

Dave King and Stewart Robertson have authorised Mark Allen and Gerrard to bring in some quality on bigger money. An English Club would have to pay a large development fee plus match wages on offer. We only need to pay a small cross border fee. So it allows us to ensure we can go higher on wages to stave off competition. To give you an idea Danny Ings cost Liverpool £8M in development fees at a tribunaral
Wonder if we offered 1m signing on bonus or something similar as we dont need to pay big fee.

If we want to compete on all fronts, then we need 6 quality mids.

Davis, Kamara, Jack, Aribo (if he signs), then at the moment the pecking order would probably be McCrorie, Rossiter/Doc.

Will that be enough, or will we go for someone else?

I've omitted Dorrans because of the talk surrounding his future and Arfield because if we're playing the Xmas tree formation he's more advanced.

Big pre season and opportunity to impress for Ross, Jordan and Greg imo.
But it's great we have quality in depth as well as a strong 11,to have so much choice is refreshing and we can more or less change like for like without weakening the team. I hope those guys are kept,because the amount of games we'll be playing,we'll need every one of them.

I didnt realise i sounded that excited lol not as excited as i was when we got Kamara but i knew more about him so was more confident.

I think its an exciting signing for sure but i have only seen him 4 or 5 times so a lot of my confidence is on what i have heard and his reputation down south rather than having seen him play a lot of times.

He has an allround game, big powerful guy with good skill and can defend and attack.
Haha that's good to hear I'm glad you've actually seen him play there's a lot of posters who've seen him say he'll be a good addition I've not seen any of him but he sounds like the type of player we need

Haha its true though look at solanke when he signed for Liverpool did they not end up getting 10m for him but if we had went for him then we would have got him for 250k it has its positives if your the buying club but I can see why Charlton want him to stay in England so they can try get a couple mill for him

Think they got 19m mate.

Haha its true though look at solanke when he signed for Liverpool did they not end up getting 10m for him but if we had went for him then we would have got him for 250k it has its positives if your the buying club but I can see why Charlton want him to stay in England so they can try get a couple mill for him
Did solanke not have time left on his contract though, I thought we were trying for him on loan?

Their weird obsession with Jimmy Bell boggles my mind.

I genuinely couldn't name who their kit manager is. I know their managers, and that's about it. Couldn't even tell you who their number 2 is

But they sing a sectarian song and spread rumours about our kit man

They're just fn weird

Looks a big strong midfielder with good feet , would handle the physical side of the game up here no problem , linked with arsenal not long ago , would be a great signing especially for free.

Obviously reports are starting to come out in press now & that lines up with what I heard yesterday

Worth reiterating that the clubs position is there is no deal agreed or done yet, until he’s paraded at Ibrox it’s certainly not a done deal. Everyone remains positive

Worth also saying that good old Jimmy Bell rumours were absolutely shite & Jimmy will be in his rightful place this season
(The levels of infatuation with that man are mental!)
Thanks for the update.
Your info is always appreciated

Rangers ‘to win race’ for Celtic target Joe Aribo as Charlton ace gets set to decide on future

GOSSIP
  • By Scott MacArthur

• 15 Jun 2019, 10:20
  • Updated: 15 Jun 2019, 10:24
RANGERS are leading the chase for Charlton star Joe Aribo, according to reports.

The midfielder is out of contract at the Addicks and is wanted by both Gers and Celtic.

Aribo could join up with Steven Gerrard at RangersCredit: PA:Empics Sport
However, Steven Gerrard looks set to lure him to Ibrox with the Daily Mailreporting Rangers are poised to win the race for the 22-year-old's signature.

Aribo is yet to decide on his future after helping Charlton win promotion from League One.

Steve Gallen, the English side's head of recruitment, admitted he wanted the midfielder to stay in England.

He said: "I’ve also read the stories about Celtic and Rangers.

"We really hope he doesn’t go. But if Joe does decide to go then we’d really like him to go English, for a couple of reasons.

"One, because that is the best place for him to go to – the best place to develop his career.

"And two, because if he did go to a club in England then our club would get recompensed.

"We would get a fair valuation of his worth. If he goes cross-border then the club won’t."

I bet they’ve just lifted the story from the comments on this thread last night.

Some comments re Aribo on a Charlton message board:

Really impressed by Joe yesterday - was a joy to watch and his balance/movement were outstanding. There are still parts of his game he needs to work on but surely he's destined to play at a higher level.

The mismanagement of his contract negotiations is yet another example of RD's appalling ownership. I hope we keep him but it seems unlikely we'll make a real effort.

agree, he was superb yesterday. Wow, those silky skills and crucial tackles were a joy to watch. Perhaps, he faded in the last 10 minutes because of his effort all game, but amazing stuff!

Joe's going to be jumping two divisions next season. I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal take a punt on him as a development project.

When he first broke into the team last season, famously he had 4 assists in his first 2 games.

Now, he is more of an attacking midfielder, using his ball control to get into the box, and scoring goals.
Not saying that's worse, just very different. Is it a decision made by the (very different) coaching staff that we have now, or is it a decision that he's made himself?

Daily Mail ran the story this morning

I reckon & it’s a guess, with Turnbull being headlines this morning, more might start to run with it

so reckon aribo will come to us. is there any more info you have on kent ojo and any others mate?

Daily Mail ran the story this morning

I reckon & it’s a guess, with Turnbull being headlines this morning, more might start to run with it

While I appreciate that the press have their own sources (and some may even be different from your own), there is nothing in that story that couldn’t have been lifted from reading your posts on here.

Equally whatever last minutes doubts you have on the ‘not done till it’s done’ front would equally apply to the press’ sources.

I guess that the more that run it, the more likely it is. But I tend to trust you as much as I trust them - excited about the prospect but worried till I see him in our colours with a scarf.

Last edited:
Watched some Youtube videos of him and wish I hadn't. Really really want him now and I'll be gutted if we were to miss out on him. He's got some lovely attributes, fast feet, can pick out a pass and also get on the end of them. I also like the fact he's a big unit of a lad and he has those inspector gadget legs that seem to stretch to take the ball away from folk or get a tackle in to nick it away. He definitely won't be brushed off the ball easily.

Their weird obsession with Jimmy Bell boggles my mind.

I genuinely couldn't name who their kit manager is. I know their managers, and that's about it. Couldn't even tell you who their number 2 is

But they sing a sectarian song and spread rumours about our kit man

They're just fn weird
It’s because he’s won so much with us and they react being the dregs they are. Jimmy Bell lifting the league would be the icing on the cake.

Aribo has had interest from Arsenal, Frankfurt and Benfica and they want him as well. Tremendous business getting a player on a free that will only improve under Gerrard. I really want to see the link-up between Aribo and Kamara.

While I appreciate that the press have their own sources (and some even be different from your own), there is nothing in that story that couldn’t have been lifted from reading your posts on here.

Equally whatever last minutes doubts you have on the ‘not done till it’s done’ front would equally apply to the press’ sources.

I guess that the more that run it, the more likely it is. But I tend to trust you as much as I trust them - excited about the prospect but worried till I see him in our colours with a scarf.

I enjoy the speculation, but never feel comfortable until the signing is announced. I'd never heard of the lad until we were linked, but it looks like a shrewd piece of business if he signs.

Aribo has had interest from Arsenal, Frankfurt and Benfica and they want him as well. Tremendous business getting a player on a free that will only improve under Gerrard. I really want to see the link-up between Aribo and Kamara.

We’ve not got him yet.

Like ID10 says, it’s still all to play for.

Really hope we can get the lad signed up

Watched some Youtube videos of him and wish I hadn't. Really really want him now and I'll be gutted if we were to miss out on him. He's got some lovely attributes, fast feet, can pick out a pass and also get on the end of them. I also like the fact he's a big unit of a lad and he has those inspector gadget legs that seem to stretch to take the ball away from folk or get a tackle in to nick it away. He definitely won't be brushed off the ball easily.

Agree. I watched it too mate & he seems really suited to playing in Scotland.

He looks to have a good amount of strength and can hold up the ball easily, also quick and very skilful. The opportunity to have two Glen Kamaras, I like.

Absolutely carbon copy of Kamara with a left foot. Doesnt look physically the strongest but looks are deceiving. Like Kamara he uses his body well, times tackles to perfection and looks a really clever player.

No surprise teams abroad and in the Prem have shown interest. Could be a real coup if we can get it over the line.

Absolutely carbon copy of Kamara with a left foot. Doesnt look physically the strongest but looks are deceiving. Like Kamara he uses his body well, times tackles to perfection and looks a really clever player.

No surprise teams abroad and in the Prem have shown interest. Could be a real coup if we can get it over the line.

Mate he looks to be built like a tank lol

He is very strong mate, he goes through people into challenges

His height probably makes him look more skinny than he is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back