Joe Aribo

Status
Not open for further replies.
20k a week on a player is just what a club with our support should be able to sign when we manage smart on put our money on the park.

The last few years it has been pay-offs, loans and excessive waste all over the place...

Pena, Herrera, Alves all on massive wages - decent fees involved.
The Cardoso loss.
The Barton, Kranjcar, Senderos loss

So many others, so much money wasted.

We get to a place we don't have to build and factor that loss in our budgets why not get some classy players in our squad.

I do wonder if folk just ignore how much Gerrard loves Jack, it’s weird.

Jack won’t be sold and he’ll play a major part in the side next season.

He loves Andy Halliday as well, but he;'s a squad player. Like Jack would then be if these deals all fall into place.

He might also see Rangers as a way of eventually ending up in the EPL, he knows he’ll get game time here.

Reckon the Gerrard factor is massive as well.
TBH mate unless a fan of the club they all will want to use us as a stepping stone .

I would think it will be Jack.

But I imagine the midfield will be rotated a fair bit

Good depth to have

This. A squad consisting of, say, half a dozen competing regular midfield starters is all too easily whittled down to 2 or 3 through injuries and suspensions. Throw in some squad rotation and you can probably keep around 6 midfielders playing regularly enough.

If, whisper it, someone comes in with a good offer for Jack, the club would be daft not to take it, given the options we have.

I think we need 6 good midfield options to cover us throughout the season mate.

Davis, Kamara, Jack, Aribo, then McCrorie and Halliday would be next in line.
After that, then it depends whether or not Doc, Jordan and Dorrans impress enough in pre season to make the squad.

Wouldn't surprise me if we get no offers at all. He has to screw the nut on the park and score without the cards and the controversy. He has to smarten up. yes the media and all are against him but he gives them the ammunition. He needs to calm down and play football. Then he will get the move he wants.

Pure pish ,

I think we need 6 good midfield options to cover us throughout the season mate.

Davis, Kamara, Jack, Aribo, then McCrorie and Halliday would be next in line.
After that, then it depends whether or not Doc, Jordan and Dorrans impress enough in pre season to make the squad.

Arfield??????

I would be very very happy to get this over the line. The strength, power, energy & technique that a Kamara / Aribo midfield would have supplemented by a Davis or a Jack will be mouthwatering.

I was very much for Kamara signing when he was at Dundee, could see something in the boy that meant he could easily step up a few gears. I seen the same in Aribo, ever since Arsenal were linked with him a few months ago.

goldbears.jpg

Can we not sign a player without the meltdown that we must be selling one of our current players.

Aribo signs.... "We must be selling Jack or Arfield will be dropped?"

Any chance we can just have 5 solid midfielders all competing for places over a long season. A 7 man strong bench is as big as a strong 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back