Joe Aribo

Status
Not open for further replies.

hullohullo2304

Only heard about him when he was linked with them but now that we have been linked had a bit more of a look and he looks quite decent.

All round midfield who is just as comfortable winning the ball back as he is scoring.

Has that winning mentality after Charlton's exploits last season.

Fills a role that we definitely need (possible taking Jacks position to keep that ball winning and passing but adding more of a goal threat).

Looks like he has been linked with teams like Man City, Arsenal and Spurs as well. Probably wouldn't get a game for them at the moment so would probably prefer to develop a level below. Then a good couple of seasons and there are some buyers ready and waiting.

Learning from Gerrard or Lennon? It seems a no brainer for a young English midfielder.

And let's not forget the influence that Beale could have. Beale has strong relationships with a lot of young English talent at a similar age so I have no doubt that will get around. He could be a great person to work under as well as Gerrard.

As mentioned, this could be more than just getting a player. It would be a statement of intent with them having shown interest publicly first. If he chooses us over them then it would be quite a coup.

Dempster

I’m only going by very brief glimpses of him last season and the obligatory YouTube film , but this guy looks the real deal , and more importantly his stats back it up .

Note also his goals also come from headers and brave ones - this player to me would be a tremendous asset if we can get him over the line I’ll be pleasantly amazed .

Square and compass

Don’t think a lot of people realise how big of a coup it will be for us to get Aribo. Marcus Gayle has confirmed with his quote that he has asked about his time at rangers, so we must be interested. Let’s hope we can get this over the line. As this would be like getting a 6million pound player for free.
Means we need to play him as big money to sell on and his quality.
Who does he replace?

greggakd

Excited by this but wondering who loses their place out of kamara Davis and arfield, they seemed to really click at the end of the season which could have been good going forward

Recoba

Official Ticketer
This is an important issue Recoba. From limited viewing of him, I accept, he seems to have a creativity to him & something different from our other midfielders.

Personally I’ve been hoping for a midfielder that is strong & pacy & runs beyond the striker, but for free this guy gives us added creativity around the opposition box.

If he got 10 goals for Charlton, he could get 15 plus for us if he develops & stays fit next season.
I have seen him play quite a few times but not loads and i would say like other posters said he is like a McGinn all action type and he is left footed which i love

Supergreengo

Reading what Gayle has said to him about us, I reckon Stevie G would just need to pay him a visit to get this over the line. Much like he did with Goldson. You don’t say no when Stevie G turns up at your door!

LoganBear

Official Ticketer
If he's decent, hope we can offer him the wages he needs to come.
Would not be surprised to see a top championship side offer him around £25-30k with a clause to double if they make the EPl.

It will be very hard for us to match wages if a top championship side decides they want him.

You just hope the chance to play under gerrard and win trophies might put it right in the mix.

ca100

Reading what Gayle has said to him about us, I reckon Stevie G would just need to pay him a visit to get this over the line. Much like he did with Goldson. You don’t say no when Stevie G turns up at your door!
I think going by Gayle's comments then Gerrard has already spoken to him.

LoganBear

Official Ticketer
Remember him against Dundee midweek when Caniggia scored for them and we lost, he looked poor that night!!
Im sure he only stayed for half a season tops.

Bought him for around £1million and then sold him in the next transfer window getting our money back if I remember right, bit of a bizarre signing.

pandager1

Never watched him play a full 90, so it's hard to comment, but from the YouTube reel, I like his athleticism and composure on the ball.

If he does sign, I imagine one of Rossiter & Docherty will be offski.

Status
Not open for further replies.