Joe Aribo

Status
Not open for further replies.
See before anyone else wets the bed.. I’ve been around this for so long that if Celtic were successful hijacking this or he had a change of heart Jim Traynor would have the trusted friendlies firing out articles shooting down Rangers ever having an interest in the Player and @ID10 will back me up on that.

Relax.
Not that I think it could be hijacked, but who the hell would believe that?

You said that like Traynor is competent.

TBF did we not sign Bougherra from Charlton :eek:

Aye and he was labelled a diddy before we had even seen him but Aribo is the second coming of Steven Gerrard :D

All joking aside though the kid looks good but he's being put on a massive pedestal. I dont think that's fair on him given where he's coming from and his lack of experience at a high level. I think we should give the lad time to settle in and not have unrealistic expectations of him initially.

Aaaaaaarriboooo bo bo he scores one or two or three!

Aaaaaaarriboooo bo bo he loves the bears like you and me!

To the left, to the right, he left Charlton cos their shite,

Now he's here, drink your beer and rejoice in the delight.

Aaaaaaarriboooo bo bo!!!

A certain championship club were interested in Aribo and are shocked at the wages we’ve supposedly offered (if the £20k is true). They reckoned his compo would be more around the £1.5m mark and wouldn’t have been a hinderance to any properly interested party.

If we have offered that, I think we may actually be the highest wage on offer too.

A certain championship club were interested in Aribo and are shocked at the wages we’ve supposedly offered (if the £20k is true). They reckoned his compo would be more around the £1.5m mark and wouldn’t have been a hinderance to any properly interested party.

If we have offered that, I think we may actually be the highest wage on offer too.

Why would we have offered £1.5 million compo?

We wouldn’t need to pay the same compo as teams down south.

Aye and he was labelled a diddy before we had even seen him but Aribo is the second coming of Steven Gerrard :D

All joking aside though the kid looks good but he's being put on a massive pedestal. I dont think that's fair on him given where he's coming from and his lack of experience at a high level. I think we should give the lad time to settle in and not have unrealistic expectations of him initially.
Guarantee if he's not won MoTM in his first 5 games we'll have people saying they are disappointed/underwhelmed etc. The place is bonkers.

Sorry, should have been clearer, that the compensation for an English club would be £1-1.5m. Have seen a few posts earlier in this thread reckon it would be two or three times more than that (for English clubs).

You also suggested that we had offered that amount. I was just wondering why we would have

Embarrassingly so many are scarred by what happened with Scott Allan. Difference is Hibs wouldn’t sell to us. Celtic never beat us to Allan. Allan’s choice was wait out his contract or take the money on offer from Celtic.
Exactly. Allan chose the money, apparently a Rangers fan. A rhat is what he is!

*hands out Tena Lady Maxi's*

Can we all calm down? These things don't happen overnight.

The signs are good, let's see what happens tomorrow.

Nope, I didn’t.

We’ll pay about £200k compo, which is common knowledge.

It may not be what you wanted to say, but it is what you actually said :D

'They reckoned his compo would be more around the £1.5m mark and wouldn’t have been a hinderance to any properly interested party.

If we have offered that, I think we may actually be the highest wage on offer too.'

It may not be what you wanted to say, but it is what you actually said :D

'They reckoned his compo would be more around the £1.5m mark and wouldn’t have been a hinderance to any properly interested party.

If we have offered that, I think we may actually be the highest wage on offer too.'

It was a new paragraph. My “if we have offered that..” was in reference to the wages. Hence the sentence that follows.

Apologies if it wasn’t clear.

I believe wages, contract length and everything has been agreed and they ironing out fine details.. but like all things in football until that’s done and you dot i’s and cross t’s anything can happen. But from what I heard he really wants to work with Gerrard to progress his career and on Friday the Agent gave the green light to get the deal done. I get a sense it would have to be a significantly better offer late on or a total sacking worth %^*& up from us to stop this going through.

Do you know if the deal on offer is 4 or 5 year?

Embarrassingly so many are scarred by what happened with Scott Allan. Difference is Hibs wouldn’t sell to us. Celtic never beat us to Allan. Allan’s choice was wait out his contract or take the money on offer from Celtic.
What a lot forget is at the time there were still stories that we were facing Administration and wouldn't see the season out. Bullshit of course but it terrified Allan who was thinking of his bank balance.

It was a new paragraph. My “if we have offered that..” was in reference to the wages. Hence the sentence that follows.

Apologies if it wasn’t clear.

If you were referring to the wages, why did you add ' I think we may actually be the highest wage on offer too' to the sentence? It clearly shows that the first part of the sentence was talking about the compensation.

As I said, you might not have wanted to say it, but you most certainly did.

Not that it matters, just feeling a little pedantic.

2i0c0uo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back