Joe Aribo

Status
Not open for further replies.
our middle looks excellent with these potential signings. i just wonder how gerrard will fit them all in.

kent, arfield and ojo with davjs & kamara just behind?

Fair comment- agreed. We do definately need a midfielder that can play with that type of freedom and energy. I still have hopes that Docherty can do that once the rough edges have been polished
Totally agree. You need energy and stamina in that position. It's a huge bonus to have centre midfielders breaking forward because they often aren't tracked.

he’s about as ITK as anyone on here is. Bold tweet, mind you. Other than twisted attention seeking, why would you tweet that with so much confidence?
Playing the odds. If the transfer happens he can claim he’s in the know, it doesn’t he’ll just say there was a last minute change of heart and keep on pretending that he knows everything about every transfer in Britain.

I checked Charlton fans 'Into the Valley' forum to see what they were saying about the possible departure of Aribo. Although they are not too happy about it, there appeared to be a general consensus that while they rate him as a good player, they don't regard him as irreplaceable. A few of them were of the opinion that he had a tendency to 'disappear' at times during games. While I will be pleased to hear officially that the guy has signed for us, I don't intend to let myself get too carried away before I've seen him play.

Good sentiments. Slightly worried by the Aribo on the edge comment. Hope that means really close to signing and not that he’s now 50/50.

I’m sure we’ll find out soon

I have / had the same concerns.

He's clearly knocked back Celtic by all accounts. It looks like Gerrard and our progess is the draw for him up here if he moves at all.

My worry was that he's still torn on coming to Scotland but that our manager is swinging things in his mind.

Hopefully we get it over the line.

I checked Charlton fans 'Into the Valley' forum to see what they were saying about the possible departure of Aribo. Although they are not too happy about it, there appeared to be a general consensus that while they rate him as a good player, they don't regard him as irreplaceable. A few of them were of the opinion that he had a tendency to 'disappear' at times during games. While I will be pleased to hear officially that the guy has signed for us, I don't intend to let myself get too carried away before I've seen him play.

Not like football fans to get salty when a player leaves them for nothing.

I'm really excited about this actually. He reminds me of the Coulibally we had at Pittodrie but with a bit more about him. We didn't struggle to dominate in midfield last year but his signing will improve that even more.

He mustn't go to games then, correct they usually play a diamond but Joe plays left of the diamond.

If he's a natural left central mid, then that's where Kamara currently plays for us.

Very healthy competition.

our middle looks excellent with these potential signings. i just wonder how gerrard will fit them all in.

kent, arfield and ojo with davjs & kamara just behind?

Probably just one of Kent or Ojo mate I'd say.

Arfield will be the other player behind the striker.

Are we any closer to signing this guy,too many posts to plough through lol

My "song" for him

So %^*& yer Haribo ,yer midget gems ,yer wine gums yer ma"s got bigger plums than your da's..

We've got Joe Aribo ,Aaaaaaribo ,Aaaaaribo Arrribo

:)

All royalties to rangers for life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back