Joe Aribo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were referring to the wages, why did you add ' I think we may actually be the highest wage on offer too' to the sentence? It clearly shows that the first part of the sentence was talking about the compensation.

As I said, you might not have wanted to say it, but you most certainly did.

Not that it matters, just feeling a little pedantic.

Not sure why but this odd side argument seems more valuable than the songs at least.

The original poster probably didn’t have the most exacting grammar in the world but his point did seem fairly clear. He was stating that he had heard a rumour that the compensation fee to another English club would not actually be all that high by the standards of the English clubs that would be interested. He was implying that we are actually in a fairly straight fight with English clubs and so it looks even better if we get him. And he said that he thinks we are offering the highest wage.

I’m not sure how much of that is true. But his point was at least as clear as most posts on here and it seems a bit pointless to pick on him for it.

A certain championship club were interested in Aribo and are shocked at the wages we’ve supposedly offered (if the £20k is true). They reckoned his compo would be more around the £1.5m mark and wouldn’t have been a hinderance to any properly interested party.

If we have offered that, I think we may actually be the highest wage on offer too.
Who’s the championship club?

Not sure why but this odd side argument seems more valuable than the songs at least.

The original poster probably didn’t have the most exacting grammar in the world but his point did seem fairly clear. He was stating that he had heard a rumour that the compensation fee to another English club would not actually be all that high by the standards of the English clubs that would be interested. He was implying that we are actually in a fairly straight fight with English clubs and so it looks even better if we get him. And he said that he thinks we are offering the highest wage.

I’m not sure how much of that is true. But his point was at least as clear as most posts on here and it seems a bit pointless to pick on him for it.
Pedantry is never pointless!

It was not that clear, the first 2 people to reply to him both read what he wrote, not what he thought he wrote!

A certain championship club were interested in Aribo and are shocked at the wages we’ve supposedly offered (if the £20k is true). They reckoned his compo would be more around the £1.5m mark and wouldn’t have been a hinderance to any properly interested party.

If we have offered that, I think we may actually be the highest wage on offer too.
Don’t need a degree in maths to understand that 1.5 M compensation is equivalent of 10k a week extra wages on a 3 year deal.

Don’t need a degree in maths to understand that 1.5 M compensation is equivalent of 10k a week extra wages on a 3 year deal.

Exactly. A lot of people saying £20k a week is ok because the compo will only be £200k.

Chances are it’s a 4 year deal.

£20k a week and £200k is still more than £8k a week and £1-1.5m compo - which was the expectation of one club.

Have this on an unreliable source, hey might sign he might not.
Just passing on the info don't shoot the messenger.
Will pm any mods to verify my sources if need be.
;)

His name is James Tavernier he's the leader of our team
He is the greatest fullback that the world has ever seen
He's always there or there abouts to score a vital goal
Carlos, Madldini, Cafu you can shove then up your hole.

An alteration of the Derek Parlane song.
Don't think Madldini fits mate, Maldini would have been perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back