Joe Aribo

Very good goal against a strong Brazil defence that includes Thiago Silva and dani alves with ederson in goal. Very impressive

Didn't say he plays on the wing, said he plays the left side of the midfield.
left midfield implies hes out on the left flank of the pitch ala where he played against celtic, where iwobi is , i believe aribos in the left centre of the pitch , with ndidi on his right

Last edited:
Do Nigeria have any more games this week? Or is that Aribo free now to head back here
They are playing Togo on Friday. African nations championship qualifier. I don’t know if they will keep him there for that or not.

Edited fir tournament name.

Last edited:
That goalie landed really awkwardly it looks like his leg snapped at the knee. Absolutely brutal I didnt catch it first time but after a few play backs it gets worse and worse.

Smashing goal Joe.
Getting better all the time,and in good hands with our management team!
Spreading the word Joe, raising our club's profile,even further.

1-1 the final score and Aribo played really well he held up play passing was good, and was away towards goal at the final break against the run of play and was taken out with a professional foul. looked as though he hurted his hip but got up and on his feet again.

What is his role in the Nigeria team?

He’s a quality player but I feel we’ve still to work out the best position for him in the midfield.

He's a sitting midfielder out of possession but likes to break forward and join in the attacks when they have the ball.

His defensive work there in terms of winning the ball back without having to go to ground was excellent.

Showed some lovely flashes of skill too and was unlucky to get scythed down by Silva at the end, or he could've been through on goal.

He plays for Nigeria in the exact same role that we play him. Great game for Aribo

I think we'll see the best of him with Kent is in full flow, cutting in and threading the kind of passes he likes with his well timed runs.

We saw that to an extent in Denmark when Jones set him up for his best goal for us yet.

Hopefully not included in the Fridays game which doesn’t sound like he will be.

Game was in Singapore so atleast it wasn’t played Tuesday and he will be home by then.

Nigeria have an african nations qualifier against togo on friday i hope aribo isnt picked or he could miss tynecastle

Really would like to see him bursting into the box like that for us. Maybe he could play the Arfield role?

He was their MOTM against Brasil FFS,he was really good defensivly and in their transition defense / attack we really have a player on our hands ,please ladies/gents no talk about how much he's worth we've got to keep him for as long as possible.

Two international appearances, two goals.

To keep it in perspective though, it was against diddy countries, Ukraine and Brazil :cool:

If he wore green and white hoops every week, they’d already have him in the 15 million territory.
15million you having a laugh 30 million easy stop undervaluing our players

_103161392_gettyimages-1016725612.jpg
Looks like one of the chuckle brothers

Really would like to see him bursting into the box like that for us. Maybe he could play the Arfield role?

Think we tried that v the bheasts and it didnt work out too well...The boy is a player, but think he will be staying in midfield.

Great to see a young Rangers player getting off to a flier at international level, 2 appearances, 2 goals and rave reviews.

Back