Joe Aribo

Davidw72

Morelos plays for his country, Aribo plays for his country. Both young lads with a fantastic future. It’s brilliant to see how their respective countries have taken notice of how well they are playing at Rangers.
Then you ask yourself, would any of them get a game for Scotland if eligible.......

Barker96

Morelos plays for his country, Aribo plays for his country. Both young lads with a fantastic future. It’s brilliant to see how their respective countries have taken notice of how well they are playing at Rangers.
Then you ask yourself, would any of them get a game for Scotland if eligible.......
Morelos without a shadow of a doubt. Not convinced Aribo would have been called up to the Scotland squad yet however, despite the fact that he's currently bossing it for much more talented footballing nation.

nelster

He remains eligible for England as he hasnt played a competitive (qualifier) match.

Southgate is Gerrards mentor he has to be on the radar.

Big call for Joe if a call comes

Last edited:

D4RN-L

This lad is sensational. I really think Gareth Southgate dripped a bollock not picking him for a game. I think he will become an absolute superstar with the help of Stevie G

BlueBritain

Nigerian fans raving about Aribo again. A lot of them saying he should get a chance in the number 10 role with Iwobi benched.

Knightswoodbear

He remains eligible for England as he hasnt played a competitive (qualifier) match.

Southgate is Gerrards mentor he has to be on the radar.

Big call for Joe if a call comes
As much as he's a fantastic player, when was the last time an outfield player got the nod for England while playing up here? Nigeria going to cap him in a competitive game might be the only thing that forces southgates hand.

nelster

He would never get a call up for England whilst playing in Scotland.
I’d say you are all missing the angle of it being a very young Englishman. Lost forever with a 15 year career ahead of him

James Maddison scored for Aberdeen against Rangers 4 seasons ago and is now there.

Southgate has to be thinking

Capo

Brilliant feet for the goal. For a big guy he really is excellent at taking a ball under his spell.

YSWLABW

As much as he's a fantastic player, when was the last time an outfield player got the nod for England while playing up here? Nigeria going to cap him in a competitive game might be the only thing that forces southgates hand.
Didn't Alan Thomson get a call up in the mid 2000s? Last bear Michael Ball possibly

Amato Amore

Official Ticketer
For us can’t remember anyone since Gascoigne at Euro 96.

Alan Thompson weirdly was probably the last player capped by England while playing here.

Edit: Beaten to it above forgot about Ball

Ibroxcw

Great goal, really well taken this boy is getting us millions as he starts to thrive under S.G. Would he have been selected by Nigeria if he was at Charlton or Brentford ???

Making Bowyer look a little bit silly with his rant about us, don't want to see anyone leaving but combined worth of Morelos, Aribo,Barasic, Katic, Edmundson etc, things are looking up from the dark days.

baystatebear

Aribo, not unlike like Borna, has real and obvious talent even if he hasn't yet shown it consistently at Rangers. Like Borna, it might take a while adjusting to the overly physical way football tends to be played in the SPL before we see the best of Aribo (this is no doubt what Boyer was getting at when he advised him not to sign). But if Aribo does manage to adjust, he'll emerge a far better well-rounded player than when he first arrived

As of now, I think Aribo should be an automatic starter in our European games, where his superior technique and skill could well be a difference-maker. Rangers could well be sitting on a future goldmine if Aribo fulfills the potential that is clearly there.

Emperor Smith

He’s going back the way since leaving that massive institution Charlton lol
At the risk of a slagging for repetition

Watch this and weep, Lee Bowyer. You obviously know as much about football as Sutton, Hartson, and all the other frauds masquerading as "Experts" up here in the hinterlands.

Stan the Man

There's too much talk on here about how much he's worth ,release clauses et al. We want to keep him FFS we want a winning team ,a talented team who win by playing attractive football, what we need to do with Joe Aribo is put a very large NOT FOR SALE sign round his neck. WATP

Bob Belcher

Official Ticketer
I’d say you are all missing the angle of it being a very young Englishman. Lost forever with a 15 year career ahead of him

James Maddison scored for Aberdeen against Rangers 4 seasons ago and is now there.

Southgate has to be thinking
I doubt it. Madison was only 19 when he came up here, and went on to have a good 18 months in the Championship with Norwich before he went to Leicester last season. He's not 23 until next month; Aribo already is. Apply the same timescale to Aribo and he'd be 26. Plus England aren't exactly hard-up for midfielders.

He'll be a mainstay for Nigeria for the next 10 years but if he's 23 and has offers to play international football for other nations he's not likely to want to hold out for a slim chance of an England call-up. He might not even want to play for England; a lot of folk struggle with the idea that Zaha and Iwobi would rather play for the Ivory Coast and Nigeria than England.

Its-Sebo

It's possible that it was insisted by his agent, I admittedly have no idea though
It is possible that the agent insisted upon it but I find it very hard to believe we'd accept those terms.

£15m, £20m – maybe – but surely we're not agreeing to a £10m buyout for an extremely highly-rated youngster breaking onto the international scene who has interest from the EPL.