Joe Aribo

He’s going back the way since leaving that massive institution Charlton lol

At the risk of a slagging for repetition

Watch this and weep, Lee Bowyer. You obviously know as much about football as Sutton, Hartson, and all the other frauds masquerading as "Experts" up here in the hinterlands.

There's too much talk on here about how much he's worth ,release clauses et al. We want to keep him FFS we want a winning team ,a talented team who win by playing attractive football, what we need to do with Joe Aribo is put a very large NOT FOR SALE sign round his neck. WATP

I’d say you are all missing the angle of it being a very young Englishman. Lost forever with a 15 year career ahead of him

James Maddison scored for Aberdeen against Rangers 4 seasons ago and is now there.

Southgate has to be thinking

I doubt it. Madison was only 19 when he came up here, and went on to have a good 18 months in the Championship with Norwich before he went to Leicester last season. He's not 23 until next month; Aribo already is. Apply the same timescale to Aribo and he'd be 26. Plus England aren't exactly hard-up for midfielders.

He'll be a mainstay for Nigeria for the next 10 years but if he's 23 and has offers to play international football for other nations he's not likely to want to hold out for a slim chance of an England call-up. He might not even want to play for England; a lot of folk struggle with the idea that Zaha and Iwobi would rather play for the Ivory Coast and Nigeria than England.

It's possible that it was insisted by his agent, I admittedly have no idea though

It is possible that the agent insisted upon it but I find it very hard to believe we'd accept those terms.

£15m, £20m – maybe – but surely we're not agreeing to a £10m buyout for an extremely highly-rated youngster breaking onto the international scene who has interest from the EPL.

Back